G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Paint Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the exact same problem!at first i though it was rock chips also but i saw a few on top of my car...and trunk...i had water spots before but had it taken cared of...it isnt from water spots at all...What a detailer told me was that it might be sap...but i doubt it because i usually dont park under trees..

What i think it is, is bugs...because after i wash and dry my car i would see a lot of bugs on my car.. and i drive it to the garage and park it... the hood would be warm obviously.so i am guessin the bugs that sit on the car dies and the acid in them eats through the clear coat. thats the only explanation i can think of..it sucks though ive only had the car 2 months...

Old 10-25-2008, 02:40 AM
well you couldn't have picked a better color for an infinity

i seem to be attracted to cars with ****ty paint also. first the subaru and now this car; oh well!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looking at your photos, the dings look exactly like rock chips...although the location of them on your car is questionable but I am still inclined to say rock chips. hope u can get everything resolved.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
tree sap or something similar makes sense, move your finger over it and if you feel a slight indentation in the paint/uneveness then its a chip otherwise probably something a detailer can take care of and apply a GOOD sealent after that....

Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 PM
I sent my car in to Infiniti and talked to my salesmen and he immediately agreed to fix the problem free of charge. I also told him to ensure that this doesnt happen in the future (maybe more paint peels in other areas after the affected areas are fixed) and he said he will have the bodyshop "assess" the vehicle to ensure it doesnt happen again. Before sending it in to get fixed im going to inspect the car thoroughly just to be sure they dont miss anything.
One thing Im still unsure about is he said the paint must have chipped when the car was being delivered to the dealer. I argued it wasnt during delivery because i inspected it myself and found no problems and that the chips came at a later time for unknown reasons but the salesman is adamant it was during delivery. So what is the cause? Still unknown at the moment...

Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe you got some sort of paint eating creature in your garage that leaves the marks as it eats your paint

Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Stringweave
I sent my car in to Infiniti and talked to my salesmen and he immediately agreed to fix the problem free of charge. I also told him to ensure that this doesnt happen in the future (maybe more paint peels in other areas after the affected areas are fixed) and he said he will have the bodyshop "assess" the vehicle to ensure it doesnt happen again. Before sending it in to get fixed im going to inspect the car thoroughly just to be sure they dont miss anything.
One thing Im still unsure about is he said the paint must have chipped when the car was being delivered to the dealer. I argued it wasnt during delivery because i inspected it myself and found no problems and that the chips came at a later time for unknown reasons but the salesman is adamant it was during delivery. So what is the cause? Still unknown at the moment...
They came from when you were driving and rocks were kicked up at your car. I have a few on the 07 sedan we own, its normal wear and tear from driving.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
I really thought it could be rock chips until everyone that has seen it in person disagrees as there is a center with paint still inside in addition to the circles being accurate in shape random rock chips dont make even circles, they are on weird areas such as trunk and rear pillar. And I drive the exact route (not a turn different) as my 3 series (the 3 series driver and I attend the same school but at different hours) so rocks being kicked up chipping mine makes no sense as my BMW has flawless paint.