G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   MP3 player to G35 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/258455-mp3-player-g35.html)

boss81 12-04-2008 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by bfranks
08 iPod integration is actually pretty good. There are several ways to get around the problem of scrolling through artists. I can find any song on my ipod (50+ gigs) within 30 seconds.

How?

bfranks 12-04-2008 08:17 PM

There are two methods that work. You can either change the genre or composer of each track to the first letter of the band. Genre is the best as it keeps the artist>album>song hierarchy. Example: set Audioslave to A, Bush to B, etc. It's easy to do bulk edits in iTunes, so it doesn't take very long. This allows you to search by the letter of the band > select the band > select the album > select the song. As mentioned changing the composer also works if you really want to keep the original genre, but you lose the artist selection. All the albums that are by an artist that start with a particular letter are lumped together. In other words letter of the band > album > song. This is really only an issue when you have multiple albums for each band, as the album selection is more cluttered then it needs to be. Others have used playlists, but this dumps all the songs into one giant list that, in my opinion, is a mess to navigate.

Hope that makes sense.

boss81 12-04-2008 08:36 PM

There are two methods that work. You can either change the genre or composer of each track to the first letter of the band. Genre is the best as it keeps the artist>album>song hierarchy. Example: set Audioslave to A, Bush to B, etc. It's easy to do bulk edits in iTunes, so it doesn't take very long. This allows you to search by the letter of the band > select the band > select the album > select the song. As mentioned changing the composer also works if you really want to keep the original genre, but you lose the artist selection. All the albums that are by an artist that start with a particular letter are lumped together. In other words letter of the band > album > song. This is really only an issue when you have multiple albums for each band, as the album selection is more cluttered then it needs to be. Others have used playlists, but this dumps all the songs into one giant list that, in my opinion, is a mess to navigate.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help, I'll try that.

DigMy35x 12-04-2008 10:57 PM

I can find any song on my ipod (50+ gigs) within 30 seconds.

Care to elaborate. This gets exhausting sometimes!

Thanks in advance.

Jay

edit: nevermind. Just saw your response. Our posts must've crossed ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Jay

luckylocky 12-06-2008 06:39 PM

The RCA cable should work but the sound is not as good maybe it's my MP3. So i was thinking about buying the Ipod Shuffle, at least it's least expensive Ipod and you can use it to run. Does it work with the interface?

bfranks 12-06-2008 08:09 PM

Nope. Nano is the cheapest one that will work with the ipod interface in the Gs. Unless there is some adapter out there that allows the shuffle to connect to a standard iPod cable. Mighty be worth a look....