G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help

Okay here is my story. My car was making this little tapping noise on the gas pedal. didnt bother me at all so i just kept living with it. also my car was making a noise inside the dash board. When ever the rpm needle would hit 2500rpms and 3500rpms. It would do it very randomly. it was constant, but as time went bye it keep doing it more often. So i decided to take to the dealer since it was doing more often so they can catch the noise. At the same time they can fix the gas pedal noise. They've had my car for a month saying that the noise was coming from the vents. I didnt understand how that would be. They said if the problem was something i caused, they would charge me $1080 because they were going to removed the whole dash board. But if it was a factory defect they would fix it. Take in mind that they have had the car for a month now. Now i get a call saying that they finally found the problem. It was a marbel behind the gas pedal and they want to charge me those $1080. They also told me that once they removed the marble that the noise on the dash board also went away. I told them that marbel thing is "bs". the car has not been modified or touched in anyway for a marbel to roll behind the gas pedal

Any thoughts or ideas? Any similar situations? I would really appriciated

Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Wow. Will they let you drive it around before paying to verify that the noises are now in fact gone? I'd hate to think it took them a month to find a marbel behind the gas pedal when that was one of your obvious complaints. All I can offer you is a word of encouragement, hang in there!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM
i didnt asked them that yet... but something i forgot to mention is my car is manual. the gas pedal noise would only happend when the car was in gear. or should i say when the clutch was engaged. so i find it really hard to believe it was a stu** d marble

Old 01-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's bull****, i have the same rattles and i don't play with no marbles...

Old 01-15-2009, 01:50 PM
There's a TSB re: tapping from dash. Read it and see if the symptoms match. Maybe that's the cause of your dash noise.

I never heard of the gas pedal noise, but I'd show up at the dealer and demand to see this marble that they supposedly found.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
ok, the dash noise was actually coming from the back of the odometer. as soon and the needle would hit 2500rpms it would sound like a rasping noise. like if the needle was having problems going up.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 PM
^^ i had the same noise and still do coming from the instrument panel...it's complete BS that they're trying to charge you at all for this...

Trending Topics

Old 01-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jlaspire
ok, the dash noise was actually coming from the back of the odometer. as soon and the needle would hit 2500rpms it would sound like a rasping noise. like if the needle was having problems going up.
Wait, I'm lost...they originally told you it was a marble, and now they've said it's the odometer? Did the marble thing just go away? Or are they saying this is ALSO a problem? Pretty weird...

Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
they are actually saying that there was a marble behind the gas pedal that was causing that noise, and that was also realted to the cluster noise. where the rpm needle is at.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
update on the issue. I went to the dealer, metro infiniti and they showed me the marble. it looks new like they put it in there. they tried to tell me that maybe i have kids or some nephews that might of put in there. thats a bunch of bullcrap. Im pissed off

Old 01-15-2009, 08:00 PM
did you buy this car new or used?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm confused. I thought the $1080 was for taking the dash off. If the noise went away after they put it back together, maybe their act of taking it apart fixed whatever the problem was without them knowing it. As for the marble, seems like that's about a $5 repair, "oh, look, here's a marble", not a month long diagnosis.

If by some wild chance the marble was causing the dash noise, that should be easy for them to duplicate. Put the marble back and see it happen. If they can't duplicate it, then they're just trying to get some $$$ out of you, not to mention completely incompetent.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:53 AM
i got it brand new off the show room. and i totally agree with u drip.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by DRIP
I'm confused. I thought the $1080 was for taking the dash off. If the noise went away after they put it back together, maybe their act of taking it apart fixed whatever the problem was without them knowing it. As for the marble, seems like that's about a $5 repair, "oh, look, here's a marble", not a month long diagnosis.

If by some wild chance the marble was causing the dash noise, that should be easy for them to duplicate. Put the marble back and see it happen. If they can't duplicate it, then they're just trying to get some $$$ out of you, not to mention completely incompetent.

That is an excelent idea.

I would ask also if the problem still there how they going to explain it. Ask them to explain how the marble at the gaspedal can cause rattle in the dash.

Metro Inifiniti Service department sucks ***** big time I guess.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
my dealer swapped it out with 2010 instrument cover for me... now it's nice and quiet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.