G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New Owner on G35x - Need some quick clarifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner on G35x - Need some quick clarifications

Hi everybody,

I got the car for 5 days. This forum seems to be THE best forum I can find for G35. A lot of useful information. Thanks all.

Got some clarifications to be done though:

1. The salesman told me I could put regular gas on G35. Not sure if it's true? Not saying that I wanted to do it but wanted to make sure. Would the engine ping or detonate by putting 87?

2. The climate control seems a little confusing. When I press the button to defrost the windshield why the A/C is also on? I want to heat it up not cool it down. Everytime I have to turn off the A/C manually after pressing defrost button. Seems a kind of weird.

3. The Service Engine light has come on yesterday. Already made an appointment to address it next Tues. Not the loose gas cap. So what else could be the problem on BRAND NEW infiniti?? Even my old American truck did not have SES light come on until 50K miles. I dont even have 300 miles on my car yet. Kinda disappointing. Lets hope its just a tiny thing.

4. What do you guys recommend to use to clean the interior dashboard and the display screen? Guess I can use wipes for dashboard and other compartments. but the screen is the one I am worried. don't think I can use wipes or cloths since it will put scratches on it very easily.

Thanks much for your help on answering this.

Otherwise, the ride is lovely. Lets hope the SES warning is no big deal.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
1 93 only
2 its normal it just clears it up the condenser or w.e so its fine.
3 that sucks
4 i use maguiars leather milk cleaner and a terry cloth towel.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Damn it, Suby beat me to the punch. I read this on my iPhone and didn't want to type all this in there, so I had to boot up the Mac...

Anywho.. welcome to the family!

1) Can you run 87, yes. It's not recommended though. Some may argue it here, but the MPG will drop a tad and any savings at the pump will be lost in extra fuel spent. There is also a loss of performance. Anyone running crap gas for savings should have bought a Prius! (Anyone who wants to argue this, off! )

2) Most cars today use the A/C not to just cool the car off, but when the heat is on as well. It removes moisture much faster and will clear your windshield quicker than if it was off. Leave it alone, working as designed.

3) The service engine light. I know you said the gas cap is okay... check it again. Take it out, put it back in and give it a good 10-15 clicks. Then, you'll need to drive around a bit for it to clear. Another option is to check the cap, disconnect the battery for an hour, put it back together and then reset your windows and radio stations. The CES light should clear.
My money is on the gas cap.

4) Vinylex for the dash and nothing but a dry clean micro-fiber for the screen. Don't rub, just lightly swipe.
Stubborn fingerprints can be removed by dampening the cloth.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. There's a ton of good people here. Welcome aboard... now go post us some pics!

Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
The only thing I want to add is Infiniti recommends 91 Octane gas, it's not really necessary to use any higher. But do not use 87 unless you are in a pinch and can't get anything else.

Hope you get that service light problem fixed. If it was the gas cap, it does take a while for it to clear itself.

Congrats on your new X

Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn, well put Aeson

Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 PM
You all packed Wayne?
I'd be standing at the end of my driveway in 10 degree weather waiting for the limo...
I'm jealous. Have a margarita for me!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No 91 or 87 for me!!! You could afford Infiniti but unable to get 93 octane???
get a honda or somethingelse!!! if you wanna safe.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Damn it, Suby beat me to the punch. I read this on my iPhone and didn't want to type all this in there, so I had to boot up the Mac...

Anywho.. welcome to the family!

1) Can you run 87, yes. It's not recommended though. Some may argue it here, but the MPG will drop a tad and any savings at the pump will be lost in extra fuel spent. There is also a loss of performance. Anyone running crap gas for savings should have bought a Prius! (Anyone who wants to argue this, off! )

2) Most cars today use the A/C not to just cool the car off, but when the heat is on as well. It removes moisture much faster and will clear your windshield quicker than if it was off. Leave it alone, working as designed.

3) The service engine light. I know you said the gas cap is okay... check it again. Take it out, put it back in and give it a good 10-15 clicks. Then, you'll need to drive around a bit for it to clear. Another option is to check the cap, disconnect the battery for an hour, put it back together and then reset your windows and radio stations. The CES light should clear.
My money is on the gas cap.

4) Vinylex for the dash and nothing but a dry clean micro-fiber for the screen. Don't rub, just lightly swipe.
Stubborn fingerprints can be removed by dampening the cloth.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. There's a ton of good people here. Welcome aboard... now go post us some pics!
+100000 with 2,3,4

Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by earth0
No 91 or 87 for me!!! You could afford Infiniti but unable to get 93 octane get a honda or somethingelse!!! if you wanna safe.
With a statement like that above, it makes a person wonder how old you are. Give me a break

LOL, I couldn't get 93 if I wanted to anyways. The highest I can get in my area is 91. It is a 45 minute drive to get any higher.

If you want to waste your money foolishly go for 93 instead of 91.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 01-30-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
With a statement like that above, it makes a person wonder how old you are. Give me a break

LOL, I couldn't get 93 if I wanted to anyways. The highest I can get in my area is 91. It is a 45 minute drive to get any higher.

If you want to waste your money foolishly go for it.
Sorry mine Bad,I never think that you live in none high octane area. BTW i'm 35 with 3 house in NY. and i don't mean to waste money except trying my best for mine G. No offense!!

Last edited by earth0; 01-30-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:45 PM
apology accepted

Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
You all packed Wayne?
I'd be standing at the end of my driveway in 10 degree weather waiting for the limo...
I'm jealous. Have a margarita for me!
Absolutely Scott, all packed and ready to go.

I promise I will have a few margaritas just for you.

This is the pic I have been staring at on my desktop for the last few weeks. It was taken last year by my resort at 6:15 AM. It is the sunrise over Akumal Bay.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 PM
What a dump!
LOL

Have an awesome time!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow!!! Nice VIEW!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 PM
^^Thanks Actually a friend took it last year. This coming Tuesday we have hired one of the locals to take us out fishing in one of those Pangas like in the pic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Owner on G35x - Need some quick clarifications