G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Questions about G37x option codes and Infiniti accessory prices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about G37x option codes and Infiniti accessory prices

Hi, I'm new the forum and by the end of this month I will be returning the lease on my 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport and leasing a 2009 Infiniti G37xS sedan (hopefully with premium, navigation, technology and sport packages). I'm also interested in the rear lip spoiler, front chin spoiler and black midnight grill which are available as either factory installed options or dealer installed accessories even though the Infiniti website gives you the impression that some of them are only available as dealer installed accessories. Had I known they were available from the factory a few months ago, I would have ordered a car with them because anything installed at the factory is included in the sticker price which is important when you lease because that means you only pay for only the depreciation of anything included in the sticker price. Anything installed by the dealer cannot be residualized in the lease so you must pay 100% of the cost. Another advantage of getting the options from the factory is that you don't have to pay the installation cost. Ideally I'm looking for a car with all the options I want factory installed but if I can't find one, then I need to have them dealer installed or install them myself.

I saw mIKE's post with all the official prices for the factory installed accessories but it doesn't answer my question about the option codes.

So here are my questions about the rear lip spoiler, front chin spoiler and black midnight grill.

1) I believe the rear lip spoiler like this one on Gryder2282's G sedan is available as a factory installed option using the option code R01. Can anyone confirm? I think this is the correct option code because there's a little book that the Infiniti salespeople have containing information (i.e. prices, options, etc) about all the current Infiniti cars and it describes R01 as the rear spoiler but it describes the other two rear spoiler option codes R93 and R94 as rear deck spoilers. Another reason is that this is the same option code as the rear spoiler on the G37 coupe. I also had 2 dealers tell me that the option code for the rear lip spoiler is SPL but I think that's how they abbreviate it at their dealership.

For reference, here is a list of option codes and descriptions for the G37x sedan from edmunds.com. Based on what I saw in that little book that the salespeople have, this list seems pretty accurate.
http://www.edmunds.com/apps/newtmv/T...leid=101115176

2) According to Infiniti's website, the various aerodynamic packages include both a rear spoiler and front chin spoiler so ideally I'd like to find a car with a factory installed aerodynamic kit that includes the rear lip spoiler. Does anyone know if the rear lip spoiler is available in one of the aerodynamic packages or do all the aerodynamic packages include the rear deck spoiler? If so, what's the option code for the aerodynamic package that includes the rear lip spoiler? Again, I'm getting conflicting information from various dealers. On that edmunds.com option code list (in the above link) I see option codes R92, R95, R96 and R97 for the various aerodynamic packages. Since the R01 rear spoiler requires the sport and navigation packages, I'm guessing that the R97 aerodynamic package includes the rear lip spoiler since it also requires the navigation and sport packages. Can anyone confirm?

3) If I have to order the rear lip spoiler, front chin spoiler and midnight black grill, how much should each of them cost? I'm also not sure if the rear lip spoiler and front chin spoiler come painted or not.

4) Usually these forums have members who who in a dealer parts department and they offer discounted prices so I should probably get the parts from of them. Who should I contact on the forum to get a parts price quote? I'll start searching around to see if I get this question answered myself.

5) How difficult is it to install all 3 of the accessories? I'm not a person who typically installs mods.

6) If I decide to get them installed by the dealer, how much should they charge to install each one? If they the rear lip spoiler and front chin spoiler come unpainted, how much extra should they charge me to paint them.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, I've posted these same questions in various Infiniti G sedan forums so those of you frequent multiple forums will see my questions in multiple places.

Last edited by Sam K; 04-18-2009 at 02:01 AM.