G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Got hit on the side

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got hit on the side

Of course it had to eventually happen, but at least I was able to track down whodunit. I woke up the other day to see my car with a pretty hefty dent in the side, and a note on my windshield from my neighbor who saw it happen and got the license plate. At this point, all the insurance info has been exchanged etc., but I figured I should check with everyone here to see what I should be expecting from the insurance company.

More basically,

1) What do you think the repairs will cost? It's mainly my back passenger door, but the front door will take some work too, and the the back quarter panel will have to at least be touched up.

2) Anyone have any suggestions for a shop in the Atlanta area to get the repairs done? I really am hoping they can pop the dent out and avoid Bondo (do they still do that?)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attached Thumbnails Got hit on the side-img_2612.jpg   Got hit on the side-img_2614.jpg   Got hit on the side-img_2613.jpg  
Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowraxe
Of course it had to eventually happen, but at least I was able to track down whodunit. I woke up the other day to see my car with a pretty hefty dent in the side, and a note on my windshield from my neighbor who saw it happen and got the license plate. At this point, all the insurance info has been exchanged etc., but I figured I should check with everyone here to see what I should be expecting from the insurance company.

More basically,

1) What do you think the repairs will cost? It's mainly my back passenger door, but the front door will take some work too, and the the back quarter panel will have to at least be touched up.

2) Anyone have any suggestions for a shop in the Atlanta area to get the repairs done? I really am hoping they can pop the dent out and avoid Bondo (do they still do that?)

Thanks in advance for your help!
If it was a hit and run, consider filing a police report. That's pretty sh!tty of the person to leave. Happened to me also, but a customer in a pizza shop told me. I sent the person a letter with the attached criminal case pending and they immediately sent me a check for the full amount to get it fixed.

Go get an estimate and go from there. They may just send you a check to avoid any criminal charges.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on filing a report with Police. Time to teach the M..... F..... for a lesson. I hate people when they do that. You screw up something take responsibility for your action. Sorry.

Hope your sweetie gets back to normal soon.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ +10000
there are too many people out there that just dont give a Sh**...until it's their Sh**.

OP - Get it done right by a reputable body/paint shop. Don't worry about the cost for the sake of the guy who hit you.