G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Buyers Remorse. Trading in 2mo old Sedan For Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
No one likes the sedan...
...but it outsold the coupe 2,714 to 1,348 in June and 3,825 to 1,781 YTD.

Isn't the sedan also faster than the coupe?

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either the coupe or the sedan. Just enjoy your G!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Correction.
Only people lacking a ***** like the sedan.

I am only messing with people. Just get whatever you enjoy more.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
RPL
My '03 Sedan is quicker than my friend's G37s coupe. The words "Infiniti coupe" and "performance" should not be related. If you want a fast coupe, get a 335i. If you want a the fastest possible Infiniti car, stick with your sedan. However, I've driven both the '07 G35 sedan and new G37 sedan, and I still believe the '07 sedan was quicker.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Doesn't the 03 sedan only have like 260 hp? I thought the doggie door sedans only ran like a 15sec 1/4 mile.

But like others, among myself, have mentioned..... Just get whatever you like more. Everyone has different preferences.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I believe the doggy-door-sedan (properly un-equipped) is one of the lightest G's ever... so properly modded it has potential to be one of the fastest

owning 2 sedans and then going to a coupe, let me say I personally enjoyed the sedans much more

Old 07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Correction.
Only people lacking a ***** like the sedan.

I am only messing with people. Just get whatever you enjoy more.

your first statement is somewhat true. i found girls absolutely love the sedans. something about that extra length and huge rear seat maybe

Old 07-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by sammy_G
your first statement is somewhat true. i found girls absolutely love the sedans. something about that extra length and huge rear seat maybe
Huge rear seat really comes in hand for the car seat and diaper bag.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by herbiehancock00
Oh I absolutely enjoy driving it. It always just feels like something's missing because the car is not exactly how I want it. Especially the 7at vs 6mt. I do have money to throw around. I'm making 47k a year and my only financial obligation is pretty much just my car and other costs associated with it.
Er...at 25, I probably had the same perspective you had. Now that I'm a bit older, can offer the following advice:
  1. You're going to take the maximum hit on depreciation - twice
  2. But, I've spent money to fix things that really bothered me, and maybe that's the case with you
  3. So, here's a piece of advice. Create a two-column list headed "Yes" and "No". Under Yes, write down each thing that you're trying to accomplish (e.g. "sportier looks", "more performance - as Slate said though, you should research to make sure they're actually true, the sedan is faster than the coupe ). Under No, all of the reasons to NOT make the change (e.g. money, convenience of having a 4-door, or whatever). At the end of the list, if you're thorough and unemotional about it, you'll usually have a pretty clear direction on which way to go

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guam income taxes are the same as U.S. income taxes. At 25, you signed away over a year's after-tax salary for a car and in 2 months you're bored with it? Perhaps you think you're bulletproof at work. We're in a global recession, so I would guess that you're one grumpy boss and maybe a year from repossession anyway. You're digging yourself in deeper whether you mod one of the finest cars in the world, or take a stupidly big hit and trade. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you're bored with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:56 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Great decision. No one likes the sedan.
Ooh my friend, you couldn't be more wrong I definitely do, and IMHO ttrank's car is THE sickest G I have ever seen. And it has 4 doors

Old 07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mod the sedan you will be much better off. The sporty look can be achieved without loosing almost 10 K for a trade in. And me knowing people I know if you decide to go with the coupe you will want to spend more money on that to make it feel more sportier. Just my .02 cents

Old 07-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I found a black 08 with 12k miles for $31k. That guy is looking for a sedan so we might do a trade with me letting mine go for $33k. I'm a bit weary because he's a second owner so it'll be a third hand car. What do you guys think of this deal? I'm just not sure how the auto loan will work because I'm currently financing my car. Need some advice.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
Mod the sedan you will be much better off. The sporty look can be achieved without loosing almost 10 K for a trade in. And me knowing people I know if you decide to go with the coupe you will want to spend more money on that to make it feel more sportier. Just my .02 cents
I'm actually not big on modding cars that's why I feel more comfortable with the idea of a stocked coupe than a modded out sedan. The most I'd do on the coupe is probably drop it and maybe rims if I am willing to shell out the extra cash.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:13 PM
it's a hard sell but the reality is the G35s took a BIG HIT w/ the economy. it's probably worth like 25-26k tops trade in... I mean if you want to even consider this, get a used 08 G37 coupe maybe?

Just don't buy it new... I went from a g35 Sedan to a g37 sedan and am still going thru relative still in ultimate buyer's remorse.

so I'll tell you from experience: what really sucks

you end up pay taxes twice. (even when you buy used car you need to pay taxes on it in majority of states.)
if you end up getting a new or used car your interest rate is probably going to be higher than the one on your g35 sedan
and because it's a coupe you're looking at probably +300 in insurance premiums/year

bottom line is if you do this. you should keep this car for 10 years. plain and simple. that's the reality I've had come to terms with but i mean 330HP w/ all the bells and whistles is manageable if you can suffer the short term costs of it all.

my RECC: drive the car for 3 years before you do anything. you'll probably lose like 6k over the next 3 years but you'll probably be at a point where you'll come out of your loan w/ cash instead of breaking even for whatever is left on the loan.

Originally Posted by herbiehancock00
I found a black 08 with 12k miles for $31k. That guy is looking for a sedan so we might do a trade with me letting mine go for $33k. I'm a bit weary because he's a second owner so it'll be a third hand car. What do you guys think of this deal? I'm just not sure how the auto loan will work because I'm currently financing my car. Need some advice.
The loan is going to be tricky. he's probably with a bank tho, if you're with IFS ess you need your loan paid off.

in terms of if the car is in sound shape. take the 2k difference buy the extended warranty and call it a day. I mean unless he took it to the track every day it's probably not in that bad of a shape.

Last edited by mw08G35S; 07-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Take the 10 grand you'll lose in the end and put a TT in that bitch

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyers Remorse. Trading in 2mo old Sedan For Coupe