G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

how is your interior holding up?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
My seat is slightly wrinkled, but not any more than I would expect for the miles I have.
My steering wheel, shift **** and arm rests are all completely flawless.

I'm pretty careful with my car though.
^+1
WRT to seat, they will tell you it's operator error.
It makes a big difference how you ingress/egress

Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
replaced my door switch panel and entire steering wheel as well as the console foam cover. couldnt replace the hole in the door as it was part of the entire door itself or something.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Just replaced the switch bezel (under warranty) on the drivers door because of peeling. This is a known issue because Infiniti changed over to a molded piece for the G37. They are also not interchageable between G35/G37.

The bezel around the steering wheel switches are also known to peel or scratch easily. Mine's not bad right now, but I can tell my steering wheel will need replacement before the warranty runs out.
So what exactly do you tell your dealership? For them to replace it under warranty? Cause i know mine would say it's wear and tear.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealer has replaced the door switch panel on both front doors, steering wheel and shift ****...don't know if i would replace a single panel of leather from the seats, as the color difference with the rest of the seat will be significant...

Old 09-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Just had the 30K tune up performed an the dealer has replaced under warranty the steering wheel, both front switch panles, shift **** and both foam panels from the center console as some clips broke.

seats look good, driver's is a little shiny but it looks good.

BTW I take great care of my car, so having all those pieces of interior trim has been kind of a surprise...

Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Are the dealers replacing door pulls on all interior colors or just the charcoal black interior? It seems to look a lot worst on the black.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
I'm going to see if I can get my door pulls replaced when I go in for my next service, the passenger doors came pretty scratched up.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Iamtodd
So what exactly do you tell your dealership? For them to replace it under warranty? Cause i know mine would say it's wear and tear.
+1 I am wondering this myself, the only thing that is somewhat worn is my driver switch panel but I can't imagine my dealer would say anything but it's wear and tear. I am sure it involves some amount of fighting with them.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by link
just a survey of durability of interior materials.....

especially the 2007 cars

anything peeling or flaking etc?
2008 XS - Outer boosters on both front seats wrinkled even through one is hardly ever used. Have excessive wear on pipping on drivers side lower seat back. This worries me as it started around 13k miles, I now have 16k on the car.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:54 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Iamtodd
I asked them to look at the black film that was literally peeling off the bezel on the drivers door and he said that they have replaced quite a few of those under warranty.

They also offered to do my steering wheel too, but it wasn't bad enough to me to justify the added wait time, so I told him I'd be back before the warranty period ends.

They still wouldn't do my grill though.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:58 AM
I just have the scratching of the paint around my radio controls on the steering wheel, a little wear on the drivers side switches and that's about it. Everything else w/ a little TLC and some 303 aerospace cleaner/protector looks new (2007 model with ~38k miles)

Old 09-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I asked them to look at the black film that was literally peeling off the bezel on the drivers door and he said that they have replaced quite a few of those under warranty.

They also offered to do my steering wheel too, but it wasn't bad enough to me to justify the added wait time, so I told him I'd be back before the warranty period ends.

They still wouldn't do my grill though.
Hey Terry
I just had my grill replaced. Last Fall when I inquired it was denied. Last week the request was granted. I pointed out to them that it was obviously a manufacturing problem. I said, "look at the chrome on the emblem compared to the blades. The emblem has not got one chip or flake on it. It was well manufactured. Why do the blades look so bad?"
They couldn't dispute it any longer. For the record, it was Guelph Infiniti.
Good luck
PS
they would not let me keep the old one...

Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Hey Terry
I just had my grill replaced. Last Fall when I inquired it was denied. Last week the request was granted. I pointed out to them that it was obviously a manufacturing problem. I said, "look at the chrome on the emblem compared to the blades. The emblem has not got one chip or flake on it. It was well manufactured. Why do the blades look so bad?"
Good luck
PS
You guys get away with a lot...i was just happy that they replaced my front brake pads last week under warranty..but when it comes to chip or flake i doubt that my dealership will do anything other than laugh at my face.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Hey Terry
Good luck
PS
Thanks for the tip ... I'll have to try reasoning with them!

Old 09-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Well... i have a g35 second generation and i too have scratches on the driver side door pull. its jst so damn easy. while i was reading the forums i got confused... so did anybody get it replaced and if so what did you tell them?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how is your interior holding up?