G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35X Sedan- something is wrong with the 'ride'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 G35X Sedan- something is wrong with the 'ride'

Looking for advice on next steps...

When I first got the car I absolutely loved it. But very gradually over last few months, I find the ride is,well, lousy. My Hyundai rides miles better! Very 'wobbly' both up and down, and side to side. Even the smallest of road bumps cause both get both me and passengers to feel like we are getting tossed around. At times I actually feel nauseous! No vibrations or shimmies..just kind of unstable! Cornering is okay actually... its more routine driving.

When I brought into my dealer for a recent oil change, I told them all this and asked they please check suspension etc. When I returned they said all was fine, and that my air pressure on all tires was really low (not low enough for an indicator mind you).

Okay, ya, in theory, that’s a factor, but certainly not the solution ; the car still rides like crap. The G35X loaner they gave me was perfect.

I guess my only option a this point is to find another dealer to get the car checked at.. Bit what am I looking for?? What’s the likely source? suspension? shocks? springs, struts? tires?? What do I ask that they check? I suppose I should just give them the car for a few days...

Old 11-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Can you elaborate? Have you done anything to your car? Are you on stock GY eagle rsa's? Im still on stock tires and the ride comfort/noise is pretty lousy, but hey it's not supposed to ride like a Lexus.

edit:nvm about tires read your sig, oh btw its Platinum graphite not DG

Old 11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^DG is correct for Canadian Gs

Old 11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^DG is correct for Canadian Gs
Ah didn't notice the location, thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by lefizzet
Can you elaborate? Have you done anything to your car? Are you on stock GY eagle rsa's? Im still on stock tires and the ride comfort/noise is pretty lousy, but hey it's not supposed to ride like a Lexus.

edit:nvm about tires read your sig, oh btw its Platinum graphite not DG
Haven't done anything to the car. Yes still on the orignal Eagle RSAs. I've driven about 25,000 km ( under 20,000 miles). The ride is NOT the same as I first remember. Its just way to bouncy now...

Old 11-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but our new 09 G has GY RSAs, our 07 had 18" wheels w/ Potenzas (which went bald at 19k) and then got BFG All seasons and thought both 07 tires were significantly better than the GYs. I can't wait much longer to change these GoodYears to some Falkens, I've only got 3k on my 09 and the tires are the only thing I'm not happy with. I'm a bit surprised Infiniti would put these crappy H rated tires on a 328 HP vehicle.
Hopefully your problem is related to these chitty tires, good luck either way

Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting until after this winter season to get some nice tires.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This definitely sounds like a tire problem, either out of balance, tread separation or something like that.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Is your car lowered? I am riding on H&R's and I feel pretty under-damped and experience some of those things you mentioned. We definitely need some aftermarket sports shocks for the sedans for those of us w/ just springs. Sucks that the sedans get no loveeeeeee!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
This definitely sounds like a tire problem, either out of balance, tread separation or something like that.
I guess its a good thing if its tires (easily replaceable)..thought for sure it was anything but the tires that were giving me a bouncy ride ( ie thought it was more likely suspension, shocks, springs, etc), but maybe the dealer was in the right direction after all !

Once I confirm, are there are suggested/preferred all seasons for this car? I dont want to go the route of 4 winters + 4 summers + 4 more rims ; just oto expensive a route for me now, plus storage is a pain. New all seasons works for me - I save the option re snows for other family member cars!!!!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatsMyG
are there are suggested/preferred all seasons for this car? I dont want to go the route of 4 winters + 4 summers + 4 more rims ; just oto expensive a route for me now, plus storage is a pain. New all seasons works for me - I save the option re snows for other family member cars!!!!

For the price these are hard to beat, and Z rated too!
http://www.discounttire.com/infofalk...lkenze512.html
Or these:
http://www.discounttire.com/infokumh...oecstaasx.html

Old 11-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I guess its a good thing if its tires (easily replaceable)..thought for sure it was anything but the tires that were giving me a bouncy ride ( ie thought it was more likely suspension, shocks, springs, etc), but maybe the dealer was in the right direction after all !

Once I confirm, are there are suggested/preferred all seasons for this car? I dont want to go the route of 4 winters + 4 summers + 4 more rims ; just oto expensive a route for me now, plus storage is a pain. New all seasons works for me - I save the option re snows for other family member cars!!!!
Michelin Pilot A/S were on sale on TireRack not too long ago, but I am not sure if they are anymore. I have Goodyear Eagle GTs - although the same make, GTs are MUCH better than RS-As in nearly every category and are actually cheaper. Read reviews on TireRack and then make up your mind.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Moderation-free

Take it to a tire place first though, and have them check it out. But I've heard of weird handling / ride problems as tires aged, especially if there were also inflation issues. Good luck!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing that would come to mind if it is completely stock are tires. 20,000 miles on tires seems a bit high.

Second would be shocks, but you replace those like every 50,000 miles or so.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Bestswat
The only thing that would come to mind if it is completely stock are tires. 20,000 miles on tires seems a bit high.

Second would be shocks, but you replace those like every 50,000 miles or so.
Not following the 20,000 miles comment. Did you mean to say "20,000 miles on tires seems a bit low" , ie, the rating is much higher than 20k, so its quite early to be causing problems...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 G35X Sedan- something is wrong with the 'ride'