G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

No 2010 G on infiniti website yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down No 2010 G on infiniti website yet?

common, get with the program infiniti. what the hell are they doing. they still list 2009 g37 on website!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing, but if I had to guess they are probably keeping it up there to spur some sales of the 2009 and help clear out the excess inventory...?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
In prior years they had websites for the new year and prior year available simultaneously. I think the new year site became available through the "future vehicles" link. They haven't done this yet for 2010.

Given there are absolutely no 2009 6MT sedans available within 400 miles of me to locate and potentially purchase, there's no reason to keep the 2010 info from me. They are potentially turning my sale away by not making the detailed info available (infinitinews info link doesn't cut it). If I go for the G37, I need to order by Feb in time to replace my current leased vehicle in May. If I can't get good info to help me make my decision by then, I'm going with a 6MT TL.

The local Infiniti dealers are already at a disadvantage not having the guts to stock a G37 6MT sedan to test drive (I considered myself lucky that I got to drive a 6MT coupe - but I'm still hesitant to base my decision on a coupe with lower suspension and 19 wheels which I suspect does not provide the same feel as the sedan. An Acura dealer down the street not only stocks 2 6MT TLs for every 15 automatics - they are actually selling them. I've visited twice - 1st time, one was marked as sold. Second time about a month later, the remaining one from my first visit was gone and they had different colors of MT cars available on the lot.

Quite frankly, the fact the Infiniti dealer won't stock a manual sedan to test drive makes me more suspicious there's something not to like. If the dealer is not confident they can sell a 6MT off the lot, why should I be confident enough to purchase prior to trying one out? That combined with no 2010 website and no 2010 brochures are three strikes against Infiniti for getting my business in February.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ i wont get involved in any arguments or try to convince you otherwise, but i too had to special order mine without testing one at the moment but tested the old G35 MT and was happy with it, whne the car came in the MT was further improved that the older Gen G and as reviewers have stated it has gotten even "better" now.

So to sum up MY impression about the G35/37 MT's in least words possible.... ITS WORTH THE WAIT!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
If it's anything like our local dealership, they don't stock the MT plainly because it doesn't sell. They had a couple of 2nd gen MTs -- both with less than 50mi. on them, it sat on the lot for the entire 6 or so months i was waiting to get my own car sold so i could get it. But, just my luck, just as i was ready to do it, they ended up trading the two MTs for ATs with a regional dealership. I placed an order for an MT but it would take 3 months --- unfortunately i was already without a car, and 3 months of rental cars would be too costly.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G35leander
In prior years they had websites for the new year and prior year available simultaneously. I think the new year site became available through the "future vehicles" link. They haven't done this yet for 2010.

Given there are absolutely no 2009 6MT sedans available within 400 miles of me to locate and potentially purchase, there's no reason to keep the 2010 info from me. They are potentially turning my sale away by not making the detailed info available (infinitinews info link doesn't cut it). If I go for the G37, I need to order by Feb in time to replace my current leased vehicle in May. If I can't get good info to help me make my decision by then, I'm going with a 6MT TL.

The local Infiniti dealers are already at a disadvantage not having the guts to stock a G37 6MT sedan to test drive (I considered myself lucky that I got to drive a 6MT coupe - but I'm still hesitant to base my decision on a coupe with lower suspension and 19 wheels which I suspect does not provide the same feel as the sedan. An Acura dealer down the street not only stocks 2 6MT TLs for every 15 automatics - they are actually selling them. I've visited twice - 1st time, one was marked as sold. Second time about a month later, the remaining one from my first visit was gone and they had different colors of MT cars available on the lot.

Quite frankly, the fact the Infiniti dealer won't stock a manual sedan to test drive makes me more suspicious there's something not to like. If the dealer is not confident they can sell a 6MT off the lot, why should I be confident enough to purchase prior to trying one out? That combined with no 2010 website and no 2010 brochures are three strikes against Infiniti for getting my business in February.
You sound bitter! I can relate though cuz I hate buying stuff without actually trying. But no one is making u buy an infiniti.. Go buy an Acura if you're sour.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM
I know I wouldn't be unhappy in the Acura. It's a known quantity I've driven twice now.

The only thing that changes business' behavior is loss of business... The Infiniti dealership is a monopoly in my area. I can't believe that their margins are so razor thin they can't take the risk of keeping at least one 6MT sedan on hand. They might figure out (like the Acura dealer down the street) that the business gained is worth the "loss" they might have to take on the one they keep on the lot for test drives.

Generally, people who prefer MTs in anything other than econoboxes are auto enthusiasts. If the Acura dealer is selling more MT TLs than the Infiniti dealer down the street is selling G37 S 6MTs, it's either because it's a better car or these same people refuse to buy before they try... It's not because they are unaware of the G37 offering or they are die-hard Honda/Acura fans who wouldn't be willing to consider another brand.

Cadillac dealers are making the same mistake with the CTS. Lincoln made a mistake with their (hmmm I already forgot the name) rwd sport sedan they came out with several years ago (replaced by fwd platform now). They stopped offering them because nobody bought. IMHO it was because of gutless dealers and a manufacturer that didn't include a requirement to stock at least one iteration of each basic engine/transmission combination at all times as part of the franchise agreement. I walked on that potential in favor for a Maxima 20th AE with 5MT bought from a dealership who stocked for test drives.

It won't be long before the MT option for the CTS goes away because, for some reason, they just didn't sell. The "build your own website" already doesn't let you configure the DI engine with MT...I stopped at one Caddy dealer who did a search and found one MT CTS on a lot in a 1000 mile radius. ...pathetic way to market a car to MT enthusiasts... It's really self-fulfilling prophecy going on in the industry - they want to influence the market to abandon MTs altogether to save money on transmission development and production and make more profit.

Am a bitter....maybe a bit. At some point, if I'm truly a diehard MT driver, I may find myself buying old cars and restoring rather then buying new....Manufacturers probably won't care, since they will have determined people like me make up a market not worth pursuing. The writing is definitely on the wall. I was planning to buy a G8 GXP 6MT...btw...maybe another reason I'm bitter since I'm down to G37 and TL in the same price range of cars in which I'm interested.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Infiniti just updated their website with the 2010 G; check it out.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Just built a Journey sedan RWD. If you select Maple trim and then select Sport package it will let you finalize a Sport with Maple! Wonder if this is just a glitch or if you can really do this...

Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just noticed 4 wheel active steering is no longer available! i win! LOL

Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by mrclowny
I just noticed 4 wheel active steering is no longer available! i win! LOL
I am really glad I got 4-WAS on my 2007 G. The new ones are nice, but not a whole lot different - i.e. except for the price being higher when equipped the same.

Anyway, I am not sure why Infiniti would no longer offer the 4-WAS. Perhaps it wasn't selling well. I remember when I bought my G, the salesman told me it was the only one in Northern CA (I thought it was 'BS'), but then again, I have not seen that many in the three years I have owned my car.

All I can say, is I am really glad I opted for it on my G. It really is awesome! Looks like I will be keeping my car for a long time!

Regards,