G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Need help guys! Electrical problem here! who can help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Need help guys! Electrical problem here! ANYONE HAD THIS???

You guys won't believe this! Here's the story... The battery on my car died on me this weekend so I left it parked for a day. My brother operantly decided to help out when I was at work he decided to jump start my car with the new battery jump box he bought and connected wrong polarities while jumping the battery. !!! He said he just held them wrong for a sec. Well Now my car doesn't even start with the battery being charged again (*note* I tested that battery on my Maxima and it's good). The dome lights, tail lights are all working and middle "light comes on on the main odometer dashboard but the rest is dead including the center console dashes. My doors would not even open with the remote. Headlights won't also work.
Found a 140A positive terminal fuse blown. Does anyone know where can I find that fuse at?

Last edited by Shurik355; 06-01-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You bought a new battery right?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by WhosRich
You bought a new battery right?
Well no I recharged the one I had. But while I was recharging that bad battery, I put my good one from Nissan Maxima and it was the same problem with the car.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
lets see how this unfolds but i can tell you that if the car does not even crank then it cant be your alternator. I would check all the fuses again, there should be a fuse for the battery on the positive post and also the ignition fuse.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
lets see how this unfolds but i can tell you that if the car does not even crank then it cant be your alternator. I would check all the fuses again, there should be a fuse for the battery on the positive post and also the ignition fuse.
Yeah that's what I thought, the car won't even crank, it's dead/quiet (none of the lights even come on before starting) It shouldn't be an alternator.
Well a fuse on the positive post? Need to check that. where exactly is it?
Man Im not realy good at all these electrical problems Kool yaar.

Last edited by Shurik355; 05-31-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
It's unlikely a cause, but worth looking into anyway. There's a sensor connected to the negative battery cable. Perhaps it got fried, causing a disconnect?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Ok here it is...

Ok I checked my positive post fuses and found a broken link in one of the fuses. It's a 140A fuse. But how do we change them out? Never done those before?
Any clue??

Old 06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Hate to state the obvious but is this still under warranty, if so, just pretend you dont know what happened, let them figure it out.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
^ i doubt that will work considering his car is a rebuild and probably has a salvage title, they can state that the issue was due to the accident and not a warranty issue.

@Shurik355 i thought that was the case with the fuse, not sure how to change it since i never really looked at closely, but shouldnt be that hard, ill try to check tomorrow.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ i doubt that will work considering his car is a rebuild and probably has a salvage title, they can state that the issue was due to the accident and not a warranty issue.

@Shurik355 i thought that was the case with the fuse, not sure how to change it since i never really looked at closely, but shouldnt be that hard, ill try to check tomorrow.
yeah those are not like normal fuses. I haven't changed those before! Yeah doesn't look like a hard thing to do, but where do I get them new at? I'm sure someone out there have changed them at some point of time.

Last edited by Shurik355; 06-02-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:19 PM
^ you should be able to get this from the dealership, or you can just PM rick@riverside on this site and he can have one shipped out to you within a few days at a great price!

Old 06-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reversing the polarity on a battery "could" have fried the cars computer. Check what the others have suggested, but if that doesn't work, you may have a serious problem. I hope that it works out for the best.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
^ true but i believe the OEM fuse on the battery is to protect against that, but i could be wrong since i have not looked in to the wiring diagram of this car, hope it is in fact the "main" fuse which will fix your problem and is not for the bose amplifier. If not then you might really have some issues Keep us posted.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok here it is...

Ok guys, I researched a little and bought that battery positive post fuse here at my Nissan dealership for roughly $20. They had several of those in stock, not a rare item at all they say. They said they always keep those in stock cause it's a common issue that people fry them. If that fuse is fried then the car is nothing but dead, and 90% of everything with it, because most of all the power goes through it.

It is designed to protect the electrical components in the car, especially if someone messes up and reverses the polarity with their battery. I think that's a pretty cool safety feature. If it wasn't there it could've been my G's computer or something in that nature.

Well anyeay I replaced that fuse today, and everything works great again! The car is back to live had to also change my headlights low beams fuses, cause those were fried as well.
My high beems don't seem to work for some reason, I checked the fuses and the bulbs and they are all seem to be fine, will need to investigate that once again, kinda wierd. Other then that everything works great and like suppose to.

Here's the picture of the fuse and the part number for the future references. Cool_Yaar thanks for the hint bro!

Last edited by Shurik355; 06-04-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Shurik355
Well anyeay I replaced that fuse today, and everything works great again! The car is back to live had to also change my headlights low beams fuses, cause those were fried as well.
My high beems don't seem to work for some reason, I checked the fuses and the bulbs and they are all seem to be fine...
Glad you got it figured out. Although i'm confused by your comments above. We have a bi-xenon set-up with just one bulb acting as high/low.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help guys! Electrical problem here! who can help?