G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

going to stealership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to stealership...

Hey Guys,

I am going in to the stealership tomorrow for them to fix my shudder issue... I'm pretty sure they will check engine compartment, etc.

So, my question is... should I take my BB grounding kit off? Do you think they will say anything in regards to warranty because of the grounding kit?

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:07 AM
By the way guys, this dealership is the Kelly Infiniti Dealership in Danvers, MA. Anyone have any experience with them maintenance-wise and mods? I just don't want to have to take my grounding kit off... ... but if i must.. then i will do it. But I'd rather leave it on :/

Old 06-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I doubt they would say anything about the grounding wires.

When I took mine in they mentioned that I had "aftermarket air clearners". I bought OEM replacements at a local auto parts store, not Infiniti. They still covered the replacement of my air flow sensors though. Usually they're more interested in keeping you happy and retaining your business, rather than giving you a hard time about small bolt on parts. As long as its a small warranty issue......

Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by pianofrk4
Hey Guys,

I am going in to the stealership tomorrow for them to fix my shudder issue... I'm pretty sure they will check engine compartment, etc.

So, my question is... should I take my BB grounding kit off? Do you think they will say anything in regards to warranty because of the grounding kit?

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Thanks!
hey how many miles do you have and do you expect to get it fixed under the TSB for no charge?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 PM
i have 41k miles...and yes i expect them to fix it according to TSB..no charge. Should I expect something else? thanks for the responses guys.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by lems52
I doubt they would say anything about the grounding wires.

When I took mine in they mentioned that I had "aftermarket air clearners". I bought OEM replacements at a local auto parts store, not Infiniti. They still covered the replacement of my air flow sensors though. Usually they're more interested in keeping you happy and retaining your business, rather than giving you a hard time about small bolt on parts. As long as its a small warranty issue......
Hmm..I use K&N drop in air filters... I wonder if they'll give me crap about that...

Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
i have 41k miles...and yes i expect them to fix it according to TSB..no charge. Should I expect something else? thanks for the responses guys.
No, thats what i was hoping to expect too.. haha, i have 42000 miles..

I bought the car with 28k.. they resurfaced the rotors then.. and its gotten really bad recently.. i'm taking my car in next monday. i didnt know if they had any limitations as far as the TSB goes..

Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by iLoveMyG35x
No, thats what i was hoping to expect too.. haha, i have 42000 miles..

I bought the car with 28k.. they resurfaced the rotors then.. and its gotten really bad recently.. i'm taking my car in next monday. i didnt know if they had any limitations as far as the TSB goes..
oh you are taking it in for brakes? Hmmm... I'm not too sure about that TSB. Maybe they will take care of you. I myself was thinking about it a couple of months ago for them to fix that brake judder issue... but then i was like.. F*** it. I replaced all the rotors and pads myself with aftermarket stuff and braking now is a lot better and smoother.

I'm bringing my car in for Sensitive Throttle TSB, Cruise Control surge TSB, and that transmission "jolt" problem automatic shifting into 3rd or 4th gear (in "D" or "DS" mode)

Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
oh, im dumb, i read shudder and thought judder.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Hmm..I use K&N drop in air filters... I wonder if they'll give me crap about that...
I've heard of some dealerships giving people issues with the drop in K&N's with respect to failed mass air flow sensors. I suggest you drop in the original filters if you still have them before you take it in. Takes two seconds. K&N has done plenty of research that disproves the claim from some dealerships that the cloth filter oil gums up the MAF sensor. If you do have problem with the dealer on this issue contact K&N.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 PM
yeah i'm reading all over the board about this ... dealerships voiding warranties and giving crap about K&N or aftermarket drop in air filters.... I guess I will have to order some OEM's and put them in... time to reschedule my appt. till the OEM's arrive.. lol.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:28 PM
It depends on the dealer my techs usually point out an aftermarket filter and warn that it can cause issues. Our cars seem to dislike the K&N etc the grounding kit should not cause any issues imo

Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Let us know the outcome.
My car is running great with the K&N filters!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I know it would be a PITA with i always say that you are better off being safe than sorry, it will only take about 10mins of your time to take those wires off and then you will be guaranteed to get no headaches from the stealership over how the BB wires might be causing the shuddering issue, they have sent many members back to get their car back to stock before doing any warranty work when it came to cats so i would spend the extra 10mins to avoid any problems and that would give you greater confidence in being able to get your car fixed quicker by proving its infiniti's fault and not your mods. just my opinion.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
the guys over there are usually pretty good, talk to a dave/brian feeny if u have any problems with them

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: going to stealership...