G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Parrot MKi9100 Bluetooth Kit Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
well if its only 3/4" deep then you may not need anything. the connector the display mounts on + the display thickness is about 3/4"....ill measure it tomorrow.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Bob,

Great write up. I've been trying to find fault with it but haven't found determined anything except that this is the way to go when it comes to adding Bluetooth.

I was look at the MKi9000 rather than the 9100 because I don't really need a screen. That aside, the Parrot website directs you to quickharness.com for the OEM to Parrot harnesses.

1- Did you buy the harness you refer to in your write up from there or some place else?
2- quickharness.com lets you do a vehicle model search (bottom of the page at the link below) but then it asks you to
a) Choose Model - Relevant options are "G35" and "G35 new body and G37", I guessed the new body option, correct?
b) Audio/features - Options are "No Bose - non amplified" and "amplified". I haven't got the Bose but thought I am amplified. Any clue about this option?
By the way, it's now been about 2 months since you've had it installed. How is the audio quality? Less interested in how you hear (assume it's great as it's Bluetooth directly to the OEM head unit), more interested in how people hear you?

Have you had to move the mic around or has it been fine on top of your rear view mirror?

J

Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM
hey sorry for the delay i've been kinda MIA with life and work lately....

i did buy the quickharness from that site you specified. I did choose the "new body" option for the g35 and as far as the stereo if you don't have the bose you are NOT amplified externally (unless you had a new aftermarket amp put in, which it doesn't sound like you did) so go with the "No Bose - non amplified" option.

as far as the sound its been 5 months now and i'm happy with it although sometimes i feel like it's not as loud as i would like but i can't complain. the microphone placement seems fine, and you can also raise the microphone volume if need be. i've had some issues with random reboots and such but i think this is just due to some software glitches, overall i am very happy with the parrot.

plus as an added bonus the ipod sound quality through the parrot is phenomenal, so that's a plus for me!

if you need anything else let me know!

Bob

Old 12-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Remmy. That's exactly what I needed to know.

J

Old 08-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am thinking of installing the Parrot mki9100 into my 2005 G35x with bose sound. However, I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any problems with getting sound through all speakers. My 1st priority is that it would allow me to get aux in for my car to play off of ipod, but then the bluetooth is a nice bonus.

I read here that this guy didn't get sound going to the sub.
http://www.knez.org/photos/photoinde...rrot%20MKi9100

Any help/input would be great!

Thanks

Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM
hey man, i'm sorry for the delay, i didn't see you had posted here. you will not get sound to the sub with the parrot basically because the parrot hijacks your stereo system and has it's own amplifier so you'll only drive 4 speakers at once.

there are two ways around this and i am going to use option 1:

1) if you have a aftermarket sub (like me) then you have to just hook your line out converter onto the parrot harness at the END of the harness, that way you'll see both the stereo and parrot signals going into the sub (for some reason i chose to put it in at the beginning of the harness, i dunno why).

2) the parrot quick connect harness also has RCA outs to drive a sub, so conceivably you can use those as a line in to your sub.

3) if you have the BOSE system, you can probably use those RCA outputs to splice sound into the stock bose amp input. or just get a special harness made, or splice/piggyback the input right at the back of the head unit from the parrot wiring to the bose wiring.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Nice install RemmyZero.

If you have the Bose system, the Quick Connect harness sends low level audio to the Bose amp so you are not using the amp of the Parrot blue brain. This allows the Bose amp to distribute sound to all speakers and it sounds great. I stream Pandora wirelessly from my phone.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 PM
the soundly BT is about $60, does the same thing wirelessly (except for the mic cable) and works great. it's also portable so I bring it on my boat as well.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by SDGuy
Nice install RemmyZero.

If you have the Bose system, the Quick Connect harness sends low level audio to the Bose amp so you are not using the amp of the Parrot blue brain. This allows the Bose amp to distribute sound to all speakers and it sounds great. I stream Pandora wirelessly from my phone.
Does the quick connect harness for Bose allow you to use the stereo controls for audio even though the parrot amp is not running, or do you still control the audio through the parrot?

Also, does the QC harness affect the amp when the Parrot is not in use, I.e. when you're just playing fm or satellite?