G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

homelink not working after replacing car battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
homelink not working after replacing car battery

Hi i replaced my battery yesterday and now my homelink won't work(among other things)!!!
any suggestions. I tried everything the manual states. The lights won't even blink.

any tips or help please?

Old 08-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by allanz
Hi i replaced my battery yesterday and now my homelink won't work(among other things)!!!
any suggestions. I tried everything the manual states. The lights won't even blink.

any tips or help please?
SM diagnostic charts seems to point toward bad ground or issue with wiring harness.

What else doesn't work? Any big sparks yesterday when you replaced the battery?

Old 08-01-2010, 01:16 PM
sorry but what are "sm diagnostic charts"
never owned a car before..

-no huge sparks when the mechanic replaced the battery. the windows wouldn't roll up automatically so i read the manual and had to program them and now they work with the one click up/down.

-the intelligent key feature doesn't beep anymore when i push the little black button on the door handle.

-before, if i purposely left the key in the trunk it would beep and the trunk would pop automatically. now it doesn't do anything not even beep.

-my mileage a/b tracker got deleted. i was tracking my gas mileage.

-when i enter the car the red lcd doesn't' she the foot and button logo indicating how to start the car..

i haven't noticed many more changes. i will probably do so. again any help would be appreciated.

i read somewhere about that the "ECU" will get reset if you disconnect the battery. did this happen to me? i want to get the car working and familiar with how i drive..

thanks..

Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
G35x
Sorry.. SM=Factory Service Manual

Will Intelligent key unlock the car? Does it start alright?

Mileage reset in dash display is normal with battery swap. Items stored in maintenance screens of Nav or dash display will survive a battery swap.

Is car still under factory warranty? It sounds like something happened electrically. Possibly a fuse somewhere got burned out?

Originally Posted by allanz
sorry but what are "sm diagnostic charts"
never owned a car before..

-no huge sparks when the mechanic replaced the battery. the windows wouldn't roll up automatically so i read the manual and had to program them and now they work with the one click up/down.

-the intelligent key feature doesn't beep anymore when i push the little black button on the door handle.

-before, if i purposely left the key in the trunk it would beep and the trunk would pop automatically. now it doesn't do anything not even beep.

-my mileage a/b tracker got deleted. i was tracking my gas mileage.

-when i enter the car the red lcd doesn't' she the foot and button logo indicating how to start the car..

i haven't noticed many more changes. i will probably do so. again any help would be appreciated.

i read somewhere about that the "ECU" will get reset if you disconnect the battery. did this happen to me? i want to get the car working and familiar with how i drive..

thanks..

Old 08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
G35x
I was looking in service manual and the external beep option appears to be a dealer set option. Does it look like battery was connected securely?

ANSBACKI-KEYLOCK
Buzzer reminder function (lock operation) mode by door request switch (driver side and passenger side) can be selected from the following with this mode. • HORNCHIRP:Soundhorn • BUZZER:SoundIntelligentKeywarningbuzzer
• OFF:Non-operation

There is also a TSB that a loose battery can cause damage:

ITB09-020
ASERVICE INFORMATION
• The vehicle 12 volt battery is an important part of the vehicle electrical system and is required to stay connected when the engine is running.
• To prevent damage to vehicle electronic components follow the instructions / cautions below. IMPORTANT: Damage to electronic components (ECM, TCM, BCM, etc.) due to improper battery
connection will not be covered under warranty.
CAUTION:
• Make sure the ignition is OFF during battery service and replacement.
• Do not disconnect or connect any battery cables while the ignition switch is turned ON.
• When disconnecting a battery, always disconnect the negative cable first. When connecting a battery, always connect the positive cable first.
• Do not leave a battery cable loose. Tighten battery cables immediately after attachment. • If a battery cable is loose, do not operate any electrical loads.
(This includes turning the ignition ON, starting the engine, operating accessories such as the A/C system, power seats, interior lights, exterior lights etc.).
• When “jump starting” or “boosting” a battery - be careful. Don’t accidentally reverse the polarity of the cables.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM
For anyone else who runs into this issue (Homelink)

After getting my battery replaced on my 2007 G35x, I had the exact same issues! The Homelink would not reset or accept any codes the analog clock stopped working and the "depress brake and press start button" image did not display on the dash LCD when I got in the car. I am sure there were a couple of other things I did not notice. I contacted the tire dealer that changed my battery and they said I had to get the car "reset to factory defaults" at the dealership. The dealer didn't know what was going on and suggested I bring the car in. ANYWAY...

After looking at some of the fuses that were labeled "mirror/something else" I decided to check one the was labeled "Electrical Parts" or something like that and guess what? That fuse was blown. A 10A fuse! I replaced it with a spare and everything was good again!! The fuse is in the box located in the kick panel to the left of where the drivers left foot rests.

Don't let these shops tell you it was something "you did" as they tried to tell me!! All they had to say was, "Bring the car back and we'll check a couple of things".

Hope this helps as I could not find an answer anywhere online.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks georush..
Exactly...it was a fuse. Auto zone blew the fuse when swapping the battery...I've become a bit more savvy now on fuses..lol

Originally Posted by Georush
After getting my battery replaced on my 2007 G35x, I had the exact same issues! The Homelink would not reset or accept any codes the analog clock stopped working and the "depress brake and press start button" image did not display on the dash LCD when I got in the car. I am sure there were a couple of other things I did not notice. I contacted the tire dealer that changed my battery and they said I had to get the car "reset to factory defaults" at the dealership. The dealer didn't know what was going on and suggested I bring the car in. ANYWAY...

After looking at some of the fuses that were labeled "mirror/something else" I decided to check one the was labeled "Electrical Parts" or something like that and guess what? That fuse was blown. A 10A fuse! I replaced it with a spare and everything was good again!! The fuse is in the box located in the kick panel to the left of where the drivers left foot rests.

Don't let these shops tell you it was something "you did" as they tried to tell me!! All they had to say was, "Bring the car back and we'll check a couple of things".

Hope this helps as I could not find an answer anywhere online.