G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault

From looking at the picture, in your opinion, is this a slam dunk case or what? The true is I was driving straight, there were 2 cars in front of me, as you can see there is a stop sign so I basically stop and wait for my turn. This SOB back his truck into a parking lot but not looking to his left side and hit me. We didn't have police report since it is in a private parking lot and there are lot of cars coming in and out so we have to move the cars out of the way. We took quite a few photos to prove that the SOB is totally at fault. I filed a claim with his insurance but they say based on his descriptions, he is not at-fault. So I file a claim with my insurance in hope that they will go after that SOB and not increase my rate. Also my deductible is 750 which I think is about the price for my repair???? Am not so sure on that as the bumper, fender and door have scratches and dings. Personally I can find a reason why this guy is not at fault. Can you think of a reason?

Do you guys think IKEA have the video as I can see from pictures they have camera mounted on the roof top.
Thank Guys,
NamNhi

Attached Thumbnails G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault-dsc04090.jpg   G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault-dsc04091.jpg   G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault-dsc04092.jpg   G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault-dsc04093.jpg   G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault-dsc04102.jpg  

Last edited by namnhi; 08-12-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
That sucks man, nobody seems to be honest these days
I seriously doubt you'll be able to get that fixed for under $1,200.
Good luck w/ your fight though.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure I understand any of what I just read.

But no police report, vague descriptions, yeah, it's going to be tough to prove it's his fault. Of course, is the other guy's insurance company saying it's your fault???

And I'm guessing it will be more than your deductible.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I really have no faith in humanity if somehow this guy can get away with this. Clearly he has crossed over to my side of the road nnd I wasn't moving (waiting for the cars in front of me as there is a stop sign in front). From the damages in both cars, I don't see how I can cause.

The other guy's insurance didn't say that it was my fault but come on. This can't be 50/50 right?

NamNhi

Old 08-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Well, I guess there's nothing saying that you weren't backing up as well (are there any witnesses speaking up?).

It sucks, but accidents usually do. It does looks more like he hit you though.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:19 PM
"But no police report, vague descriptions, yeah, it's going to be tough to prove it's his fault. Of course, is the other guy's insurance company saying it's your fault???"

I experienced a similar parking lot situation and many cites don't do police reports on private property. The Ikea lot is Ikea Property. Hence no police report ect.

Damn sorry to hear that... Its pretty clear that his bumper hit your car. It was a straight road and you could not turn anywhere. So I would ask his insurance CO to describe to you how (based on physics) your rear Qtr panel could hit his front bumper. Especially since your car was not in motion.

U need to tell them that for you to have hit his car, the rest of your car would have been more damaged.

If the two of you were driving twoard one another in opposite directions then it is very clear to me.

Tell your insurance agent what is going on, and I would get your insurance company to work/fight for you because they will not want to pay this claim either.

Good luck.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
i don't know, seems that since you're perpendicular to the parked cars at a stop sign, and he's at a slight angle, and his front end hit your back end, it looks like he's completely at fault. if you were backing up the wrong way down the road into him, i'd think your rear bumper would be involved. for him to hit you in the back by your tire (with the front of his vehicle), i don't see how this could be your fault.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM
You should also ask his insurance CO why his trucks wheels needed to be pointed away from your car if he was driving correctly in his own lane.

Plus his truck is pointed toward your car.

Fight this man... Dont pay your deductible yet.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:31 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ikea wont show you an video footage. It's for their own use only.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Sorry to hear your story.
The only thing I would like to add is don't be too quick to pay a $750 deductible. If you can get it all repaired for $1200-1300 then it may be a lot less costly, in the long run, to pay it all out of pocket because your insurance premium may increase for the next 5-6 years. Just look into it with your insurance company and ask how much of an increase, if any, to your premium it will be and for how long. It pays to do the math.
I would definitely still be going after this guy even if it takes a lawyer and some time in court. People that don't own up need to be taught a lesson in life once in a while.
Good luck.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
That sucks.
Private lot or not. I NEVER move my vehicle once it's hit until the cops come. I don't care... it's not moving.
In a private lot, with no witnesses, it's at best going to be ruled 50/50 blame, unless his front end is smashed in and your back end is the same. (obvious fault from damage)
Without witnesses, it's your word against his so they hardly ever rule outside of 50/50 fault without witnesses... and witnesses are not other people in the car. They have to be outside bystanders.

I bought a new car and picked it up at 8pm one evening. The next morning, I was t-boned by an a-hole in my work parking lot as I drove across the lot to exit for lunch. It was clearly his fault as he hit the side of my car, while launching out from behind a building into the sme lot I was in.
It was ruled 50/50 blame because there were no witnesses (outside of those in the vehicles)
50/50 blame is okay though, as it didn't cause any increase in insurance premiums.

I'll never forget that day. My boss was in the passenger seat. We were hit so hard that his knee smashed my center console and shattered it.
The d!ckhead that hit me got out of his truck and said, "well, if you're gonna call the cops, hurry up. I'm on lunch"
I still hate that guy.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Be prepared to fight his insurance co. It's there job take in $ but won't give nada, so that's why there denying responsibility. Insurance companies are evil, it's all about the $.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts
damn im sorry to hear that man..

Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank for your support guys. I thought with pictures that should be enough to prove that I was driving straight and this guy backing into me. That is the fact. I will take my car to get an estimate today and see if it worth to go with my insurance or just pay out of pocket. Looks like the rear door just need paint, bumper and rear panel probably have to be replaced. I'll let you know how much the estimate.
NamNhi

Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
Damn bro. Did u get the names and numbers from any witnesses.? I had a byatch bump one of my old rides and I saw a passerbyer witness it so I got HIS info too. When it came time for who's at fault her insurance said she said it was my fault. I told her adjuster I had an unbiased witness and his info and it went my way. Lame people man.!!

Good luck.!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G got hit on 8/8/10, SOB denied of fault