G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Newbie looking at 2008 G35xS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie looking at 2008 G35xS

Hello. Brand new here and thinking about making the switch from SUV's to the car world so you might have guessed what I have zeroed in on. I have had Jeeps and currently own a 2003 4Runner, but looking at a Desert Platinum 2008 G35xS loaded with 23k miles, nav, etc. in the Chicago area.

I live about 6 hours away so little nervous about making the flight to pick it up. However, I really wanted a silver or desert platinum one with black interior so you got to search far and wide!!!

Everything looks solid from the pictures and the CarFax along with sounding good from my conversations with the dealer. Looks like I am going to be around $27,500 before taxes, title, etc.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated and I hopefully look forward to being on this forum.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
loaded as in, premium, navi, sport and tech?. If so that's not a bad deal.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 PM
To be honest, I am not sure about the Tech package but it does have the Sport, Nav and Prem package.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ check if it has the ICC cruise control and Adaptive front headlights, and on the 07s the back up camera is also part of the Tech package (not sure about 08 i think backup might be a part of the nav, someone plz confirm)

Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ check if it has the ICC cruise control and Adaptive front headlights, and on the 07s the back up camera is also part of the Tech package (not sure about 08 i think backup might be a part of the nav, someone plz confirm)
I'm picking up my '07 today and it has a backup camera. I've read elsewhere on pages which detailed the 07 options that it was part of the tech package; so when I pickup my car I need to check it for ICC and AFS too to make sure.

However I didn't read about the '08 packages..

Old 09-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
^ pics!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sleepy K
To be honest, I am not sure about the Tech package but it does have the Sport, Nav and Prem package.
I have the model and year as the one you are looking at. I would think you could get the dealer down a little more. Maybe $26,500??? It is the end of the month and they want to sell cars. By the way if you get the x"S" you will LOVE it. Every day it puts a smile on my face.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Sleepy K
Hello. Brand new here and thinking about making the switch from SUV's to the car world so you might have guessed what I have zeroed in on. I have had Jeeps and currently own a 2003 4Runner, but looking at a Desert Platinum 2008 G35xS loaded with 23k miles, nav, etc. in the Chicago area.

I live about 6 hours away so little nervous about making the flight to pick it up. However, I really wanted a silver or desert platinum one with black interior so you got to search far and wide!!!

Everything looks solid from the pictures and the CarFax along with sounding good from my conversations with the dealer. Looks like I am going to be around $27,500 before taxes, title, etc.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated and I hopefully look forward to being on this forum.
FYI I paid $25,500 for mine with 27k miles on it from a Porsche/Audi/Jag dealer in Chicago back in March of this year. Guy traded it in for a 2010 Audi S4. Worked out well for me.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 AM
You will love it, I have been in the same basic car for about 6 weeks now and I keep looking for reasons to go drive

Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by dbal72
I have the model and year as the one you are looking at. I would think you could get the dealer down a little more. Maybe $26,500??? It is the end of the month and they want to sell cars. By the way if you get the x"S" you will LOVE it. Every day it puts a smile on my face.
I agree with dbal72. Try to get them down a little more on price. Mine is the same as you are looking at. I bought mine a month ago, had 19.5k, like new condition, and I gave $26300 at a Honda dealer (trade in on a new Odyssey) $27500 is a good price though.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think desert platinum was available for the 08 model. plus you have room to negotiate because that price is a little on the high side

Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey, new member and first post here. I just got an Ivory Pearl 2008 g35xS with 26,430 miles for $23,500 before tax and document fee ($499). I do not have navigation nor the adaptive headlights, but I believe everything else? I am really loving this car!

I read that the g35xS doesn't have the upgraded sport suspension and brakes but rather just cosmetic upgrades and paddle shifters. However, I think I am more satisfied with the X for daily applications. Some members will even go to say that the X is actually better for some spirited driving and the track! My infiniti mechanic has also said the sport brakes are not a big improvement over stock and do not even compare to aftermarket BBKs.

I had a choice between the 07 g35s (fully loaded, 28k miles, $1k cheaper) and this 08 g35xs, both ivory pearl. I also notice its true what some members say about the 08 running smoother in the engine for some reason. The 07 g35s does have bit stiffer ride but some people may find that desirable. For me, the 08 g35xs was quite simply the best choice I could of made.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by machochino
Hey, new member and first post here. I just got an Ivory Pearl 2008 g35xS with 26,430 miles for $23,500 before tax and document fee ($499). I do not have navigation nor the adaptive headlights, but I believe everything else? I am really loving this car!

I read that the g35xS doesn't have the upgraded sport suspension and brakes but rather just cosmetic upgrades and paddle shifters. However, I think I am more satisfied with the X for daily applications. Some members will even go to say that the X is actually better for some spirited driving and the track! My infiniti mechanic has also said the sport brakes are not a big improvement over stock and do not even compare to aftermarket BBKs.

I had a choice between the 07 g35s (fully loaded, 28k miles, $1k cheaper) and this 08 g35xs, both ivory pearl. I also notice its true what some members say about the 08 running smoother in the engine for some reason. The 07 g35s does have bit stiffer ride but some people may find that desirable. For me, the 08 g35xs was quite simply the best choice I could of made.
That was a pretty good price you got it for. In the G35xS, the S adds different front fascia and side skirts, 18" wheels, paddle shifters and sport seats. The upgraded brakes didn't come with any S until 2009.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
That was a pretty good price you got it for. In the G35xS, the S adds different front fascia and side skirts, 18" wheels, paddle shifters and sport seats. The upgraded brakes didn't come with any S until 2009.

Don't forget the "sport chrome accent pedals". As if that is the reason why I purchased mine. Being serious though I sought one with the "S" package for the seats, rims, paddle shifters. A person does need to sit in one with and without the sport seats as they are tighter and some on the forum here don't like them. I also agree with Jayhawk that the price you got is a good one. Used car prices are way up from when I bought mine in early March. I looked the other day and the book value is actually higher now then it was in March with less miles. Strange...

Old 10-05-2010, 01:15 AM
So the 13" brakes only come on 2009 sport models? Those are the ones with Infiniti logo on them right?

But the 07-08 g35s have the sport tuned suspension, whereas the 08 g35XS doesn't. I'm kinda giving it second thoughts as I maybe should of opted for 07 g35s. And yes, the cosmetic S upgrades alone are worth it!

BTW, to give the OP some advice, I think finding used car with low miles is only half the battle. Just because a car has low mileage doesn't necessarily mean its in sound mechanical condition, especially when your going through those "used car lots." I recommend bringing someone with experience that can scan for body work, alignment issues, etc. There are A LOT of used Gs selling in Atlanta and from my experience most of them on autotrader are crap! I think I test drove about half of them. LOL

Last edited by machochino; 10-05-2010 at 01:29 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbie looking at 2008 G35xS