G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

R3diK3r0u5's G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by R3diK3r0u5
what exactly is a clamp down exhaust and is that a bad thing? and i agree about the true dual and am not considering doing anything else, is the borla not a true dual?

i do plan to do Berk HFC after my intake. do you think adding the berk to the ARK would make their tone a little louder and lower? and do you think it is actually a noticeable difference in gains doing one or the other?
I believe Gees was trying to state that it uses clamps instead of bolting down to flanges, causing the exhaust to come in individual pieces which can make it prone to leaks. Even the midpipe is broken down to 3 pieces. Not necessarily a bad thing but some people like to stay away from them. The borla's piping is conjoined to one muffler.

Borla

ARK

When adding HFC to either systems will make it a lot louder, and most the time will cause somewhat of a raspy whistle, It is very common. Not so bad as if you were running TP's but you get the idea.. As far as In cabin drone it is very minimal due to our X flow mid pipe and dual resonated canisters. A way to not have to sacrifice perfect tone for performance.

Here is a few dyno charts we have taken of the g35 coupe grip exhaust comparing it side by side with a NISMO " same style as borla " Shared muffler/ Non true dual. It is of Stock to install. ( nothing other than cat back)

For more information please contact me.
Sale Ends in 3 days.

Email: seanpark@arkperformanceusa.com
Facility: 909)391-1276
Fax: 909)391-1276
AIM: ARKperformance86

Last edited by ARKperformance; 12-15-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
O yeah, and great build so far.
Keep it up!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
awesome thanks for the info. i had not seen the layout of the borla and it all makes sense now. the quality of your system looks great and is most likely the route i will be taking. now just time to decide if the sale is worth it to me to buy now instead of in a couple months!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
No problem, Just trying to lend a helping hand..
Make sure you do adequate research before investing in anything for your vehcile.Oh yeah Sorry for the taking up a whole page. Back to moding

Old 12-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Looks pretty good man . What are the next plans?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by apexi957
Looks pretty good man . What are the next plans?
wheels, exhaust, HFC, intake, tune

in that order but with smaller purchases in between like, 3k fogs, rear diffuser, show n go license plate bracket.

reallllllly considering buying the ARK exhaust today or tomorrow though

Old 12-17-2010, 05:04 PM
pulled the trigger and ordered the ARKperformance grip exhaust!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ain't stock now car looks awesome. don't worry about the h8ters. it's your ride and your money. what does he have?

Old 12-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Congrats!!! That's on my things to do in the future!!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R3diK3r0u5
This thread is just a place for me to keep track of the progression of my vehicle. All questions and criticisms are welcome!

Mod List:
-Passport 8500 w/ Invisicord & Mike's Mount
-iPhone ProClip w/ custom wire running
-6000k interior & parking light LED's
-Partial trunk de-badge [removed G35S]
-Input/video lockout bypass
-Custom bass level control mounted inside ashtray
-Alpine SWR-1242D powered by Alpine MRP-M500 w/ custom built box firing forward through rear seat pass-thru
-Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Running Mod Total = $1,017.61

Well I started with a 2007 G35s Sedan Garnet Ember/Graphite fully loaded w/ NAV & Bose.

First Mod was to find a cleaner solution for my radar detector. Ordered the Invisicord so I could hook up to my mirror to lose the power cord across my dash and Mike's Mount to get rid of the suction cups so that my sun reflector could be put up behind the detector and save it from the sun.

My only complaint here is that the piece of the original mount you use along with Mike's Mount is too thin to properly rest in the Passport. This causes rattling. I just shoved a plastic wedge in the back to make it secure and haven't had any problems. I later found http://www.blendmount.com/ which looks to be a much nicer mount and solves the rattling problem with a spring loaded clip. But my mount is working out fine and was $60 cheaper.

Next, I needed a solution for my iPhone. I charge it in my car and use it for music and videos.

I found the ProClip to be a really clean mount that looks like it came from the dealership this way. Happy with its location and quality. I have drilled a hole just behind the mount and in the console to run the wires [power and AV] inside the console instead of outside. No more cord getting in the way when I try to shut my console!

Zhao, a friend on strictlygs.com, then started selling LED's so I went ahead and did those. All interior and exterior.

I took the picture of the parking light that way to show the stress cracks that have formed on my headlights. Already failed once at getting it replaced under warranty, will be trying a new dealership next maintenance.

De-badged my trunk.
[Pic MIA]
Only removed the "G35s" lettering. Still considering removing the "Infiniti" lettering from under the Mt. Fuji symbol, but I like the way it keeps things centered. Also considering just taking it all off, just can't make up my mind.

Next I finally did the input/video lockout bypass. Located the VSS switch in the console just above the AV inputs.

I have a hole drilled just under the AV cables to run the wires inside the console to the iPhone mounted by the shifter. If you look closely you can see how I messed up. I was in a hurry and slipped with my drill bit and ate away some of the felt between the 12v and AV :Grimmace:

While I had the dash apart doing that previous project, I decided to wire up my bass level control **** and hide it in the ashtray.

I love how hidden it can be but at times is a little annoying to access. It's fine and not a problem when the shifter is in Drive, but is cramped when in Park.

Next I installed my Alpine SWR-1242D powered by an Alpine MRP-M500 in a custom built box firing forward through rear seat pass-thru that I fabricated myself. It seals up flust against the back seat. This was my first time to wire a vehicle and my first box to ever build. Wow was I happy when everything came together and it actually all worked

img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5199282803_f134fd8087.jpg[/img]
I need to figure out how to remove the plastic door between the armrest and the pass-thru.

Time for the drop! picked em up used for $120

Working hard!

Finally taking my victory lap

Thanks to all the members of strictlygs.com who came out to the meet and lent their hands and knowledge!

Time for me to pick up some 20's. anyone happen to know the optimum width/offset for my vehicle on eibachs? lookin for the agressive flush look but not too aggressive to where im gonna have to worry about rubbing.

Thanks for you input!
Jd
Good Lookin on the exhaust.
Let us know how it goes, yo.
. I dont know why. I always thought Red G Sedans were sick.
all you need now is some wheels maybe drop an half an inch more an its
GG...

Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Gees Up
Good Lookin on the exhaust.
Let us know how it goes, yo.
. I dont know why. I always thought Red G Sedans were sick.
all you need now is some wheels maybe drop an half an inch more an its
GG...
wheels were next until i saw how good of a deal i could get on this exhaust right now so i went ahead and did it. wheels in like february now. as for more of a drop i am content with the eibach for now but prob later in the future ill have to do coils. everyone alwys wants moar low!

Old 12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Word! what kind of rims you got in mind.
Super Laps or go home... haha jkjk.
Im also wondering if Stillen made a grille yet for the sedan..?

Old 12-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Nice G man! I've got the same year, same model (but I went cheap--non Sport, no nav) but I do have the Sport wheels...so your thread is great for me to see how the mods would look on my car.

Can you post anymore pics of the car with the drop and a pic of the debadged trunk? Do you like the way the car feels after the drop? Any issues?

Sorry for all the questions, but again...nice G and can't wait to see the exhaust! I think I'll be going the FI route if I ever get enough $$$ to buy it.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
so what about sub-box positioning, did my advice help?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gees Up
Word! what kind of rims you got in mind.
Super Laps or go home... haha jkjk.
Im also wondering if Stillen made a grille yet for the sedan..?
umm im looking for something kinda like these
i want a gloss black face and nice polished lip
not sure about the grill though, im just going to midnight mine

Originally Posted by red00lght
Nice G man! I've got the same year, same model (but I went cheap--non Sport, no nav) but I do have the Sport wheels...so your thread is great for me to see how the mods would look on my car.

Can you post anymore pics of the car with the drop and a pic of the debadged trunk? Do you like the way the car feels after the drop? Any issues?

Sorry for all the questions, but again...nice G and can't wait to see the exhaust! I think I'll be going the FI route if I ever get enough $$$ to buy it.
sure ill snap a couple more photos when i get a chance, ill try not to take forever haha
i havent had any issues after the drop and love the feel of it. theres a good bit less body roll in turns. im getting my alignment done this week
no joke about having to save up the money! i didnt plan on buying one for a while because of that but i was able to get a really good deal on their system right now

Originally Posted by harp00n
so what about sub-box positioning, did my advice help?
i didnt really play with it. i love where the box is and built it for it to be this way so dont really want to change it. i like being able to watch it bang through the pass-thru

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.