G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Did i make a mistake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have OB, whenever I take my car for oil change to the dealer I try to remember to tell them no wash. Even those microfiber towels can swirl OB paint on my G if I use too much force.

I don't care how cheap the car wash is, I won't let people wash my car.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:03 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
maybe i should get my oil change in 2 more weeks then so i can get that free car wash. But i am sure the oil change will be like $60 bucks since it's at the dealers.
Depends if you are doing synthetic or not. My dealer charges $30 for a regular oil change. Similar at a jiffy lube was $55.
Originally Posted by Mr. Samster
why dont you ask one of your friends to wash it for you and treat him to lunch or dinner (no homo). make an excuse about your ankle hope they feel sorry for you and help you out. lol
Good idea.

What color is your car? Our black 08 had the SOFTEST paint and after one winter of washing at an auto wash, it looked like absolute ****. I could see swirls and **** when their wasn't a dot of sun in the sky. It was BAD.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Dont let dealers do it either unless its touch free. They dont clean their cloths and most of the time end up putting small scratches in.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Samster
why dont you ask one of your friends to wash it for you and treat him to lunch or dinner (no homo). make an excuse about your ankle hope they feel sorry for you and help you out. lol
That not a bad idea. Free food for them for taking car of my car.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Depends if you are doing synthetic or not. My dealer charges $30 for a regular oil change. Similar at a jiffy lube was $55.

Good idea.

What color is your car? Our black 08 had the SOFTEST paint and after one winter of washing at an auto wash, it looked like absolute ****. I could see swirls and **** when their wasn't a dot of sun in the sky. It was BAD.
I have the lakeshore blue. I was being pressure about the blueslate and the lakeshore and i just went w/ it.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
JSG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the touch less car wash at the local Chevron station then do a good hand wash every couple months and wax it.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use touchless winter time and handwash ever other season.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
I used to be a noob and take my car to get washed every friday. Until i realized they were messing it up more than what they were cleaning it. Some of those guy and girls, are drying the cars with jewelery on and stuff like bracelets or rings. They dont even realize the dam jewelery is scratching the **** out of the cars when they are drying them. Never again.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:58 AM
I just tried Optimum No Rinse Wash out on my Honda Fit. With that, you just fill up two buckets with warm water from your sink, and you can wash your car in your garage. It seemed to work pretty good, so I'll be doing that during the winter on my OB G35 Sedan.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by speeddream
I used to be a noob and take my car to get washed every friday. Until i realized they were messing it up more than what they were cleaning it. Some of those guy and girls, are drying the cars with jewelery on and stuff like bracelets or rings. They dont even realize the dam jewelery is scratching the **** out of the cars when they are drying them. Never again.
OMG!!! I think i should go and check my car when i get the chance. There better not be any scratches on my car.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
The problem with "checking" for scratches, is you need direct sunlight. And even then, if they used a wax with lot's of fillers, it will fill in all those scratches, and they'll reappear in a couple weeks as they wear off.

What's done is done, I would just be careful in the future.

I saw a video comparing different types of car washes and how they affected the finish of the paint. The gas station car wash actually messed the paint up the least... The car wash that was done by hand was all good, until they used a squeege to dry the car and dragged dirt across it.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I go to Cactus Car Wash in Atlanta regularly. To my knowledge, there's never been a problem...except for the wait.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I was going to Katy's car wash last year with my wifes Toyota 4Runner. I washed it by hand for a year, then the second year I got lazy, and it got cold. So I started bringing it to Katy's car wash. They supposedly have all the newest equipment and all that, all machine wash, nobody touching your car. Anyway, After a year of that, the shadow mica paint was all swirled, and there was a paint at the top where all the paint was actually rubbed off somehow...

Old 12-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Rutland
I go to Cactus Car Wash in Atlanta regularly. To my knowledge, there's never been a problem...except for the wait.
Well if you found something that works for you, keep going for it! I'm not too familiar with that color, so I'm not too sure how scratch sensitive it is anyway.

You can come by my house and I'll use my $70 LED flashlight to reveal the truth if you want.

But if you're happy with how it looks, I'd just leave it alone... otherwise you'll have to spend a lot of time/money to get it as perfect as possible!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by shizam1
The problem with "checking" for scratches, is you need direct sunlight. And even then, if they used a wax with lot's of fillers, it will fill in all those scratches, and they'll reappear in a couple weeks as they wear off.

What's done is done, I would just be careful in the future.

I saw a video comparing different types of car washes and how they affected the finish of the paint. The gas station car wash actually messed the paint up the least... The car wash that was done by hand was all good, until they used a squeege to dry the car and dragged dirt across it.
That is horrible!!! I am just going to take a friend out to eat as someone suggested. I am not going to be walking for awhile so, I am going to talk to my parents to see if i can get the garage on a rainy day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did i make a mistake?