G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G in VIP style?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Only thing I would do different is mold that front lip. It totally clashes with the smooth lines on the G's. Everything else looks pretty damn sick.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk815
I know plenty about it, so quit making a fool out of yourself by making assumptions.

Yes, the VIP look has been around for quite a while, since the 90s or so if I recall correctly without looking it up. It wasn't overly popular, however, and had a rather small following. The VIP fad that we're discussing here has only gained widespread popularity in the U.S. over the last several years. And while it may stick around for a while, it's popularity will wane.

And while we're discussing VIPs, traditionalists would say that G sedans wouldn't qualify as a true VIP car.
See now you've gone and made yourself look stupid. I believe in VIP purists opinion on it. VIP car isn't a VIP car unless it's on a VIP platform (big bodied RWD japanese lux) There is nothing VIP about my G sedan and inspired VIP cars are very different. This car isn't claiming to be a VIP car by any means, he's just modifying his car to the way he wants. If he's into the VIP ****, so be it he's not rubbing it oin your face is he? Doesn't change the fact you're ignorant and you're talking **** about nothing.

Haters? LOL. The rate in which this term is thrown around has reached ludicrous levels. Quit calling everyone that doesn't share your tastes a "hater." People do some seriously stupid **** to there cars(much more so than the VIPs). And as soon as anyone say they says it looks like **** or even that they simply don't care for it, they're labeled a "hater."
I never called you a hater...

Again, your reading comprehension and poorly presented opinions make you look foolish.

The OP did not ask for your opinion of the matter (yet some in this thread informed him he did) he asked if it had been done. meaning he's asking other guys that are into that scene weather or not the G is a decent platform for a VIP inspired car.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
See now you've gone and made yourself look stupid. I believe in VIP purists opinion on it. VIP car isn't a VIP car unless it's on a VIP platform (big bodied RWD japanese lux) There is nothing VIP about my G sedan and inspired VIP cars are very different. This car isn't claiming to be a VIP car by any means, he's just modifying his car to the way he wants. If he's into the VIP ****, so be it he's not rubbing it oin your face is he? Doesn't change the fact you're ignorant and you're talking **** about nothing.

Please explain how I looked stupid? By not going into elaborate detail about the VIP scene? I was in no way inaccurate with anything I posted. Nice try, though.

I never called you a hater...

Again, your reading comprehension and poorly presented opinions make you look foolish.

The OP did not ask for your opinion of the matter (yet some in this thread informed him he did) he asked if it had been done. meaning he's asking other guys that are into that scene weather or not the G is a decent platform for a VIP inspired car.
And how are my opinions poorly presented? Because they differ from yours? Also, how is my reading comprehension lacking in any matter? I was in no way attacking the OP, or even asserting that he was asking for opinions. Oddly enough, this trend is rather polarizing and discussions about it tend find strong opinions either for or against it.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Please explain how I looked stupid? By not going into elaborate detail about the VIP scene? I was in no way inaccurate with anything I posted. Nice try, though.
You're talking about different things, VIP and "hellaflush" are different. Don't group them together or you look like a stereotypical **** that doesn't know the difference.

And how are my opinions poorly presented? Because they differ from yours? Also, how is my reading comprehension lacking in any matter? I was in no way attacking the OP, or even asserting that he was asking for opinions. Oddly enough, this trend is rather polarizing and discussions about it tend find strong opinions either for or against it.
I wasn't talking about that, you quoted me and started talking about haters like I called you it. You quoted the wrong message if you wanted to talk about haters.

Your opinions are delivered poorly because you feel the need to cuss consistently.

Can You post a photo of your car now?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
I can but i can't compete w/ this guy on this form. His car make mine feel very small.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
Only thing I would do different is mold that front lip. It totally clashes with the smooth lines on the G's. Everything else looks pretty damn sick.
Hey! that's what i said... kind of...

Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
4DGS...

Honestly, I think you're the only one that looks foolish...okay, that's not true. Both of you do for arguing over who looks foolish or what the definition of a "hater" is.

I personally think the car looks cool...as a museum piece or decoration. As an actual car, it's pretty lame. So, call me a hater, don't call me a hater... I really don't care. As for you two...please keep arguing - it's entertaining to watch.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
You're talking about different things, VIP and "hellaflush" are different. Don't group them together or you look like a stereotypical **** that doesn't know the difference.
You're talking about two different threads, on two different forums. Yes, I noticed you popped in at acurazine, offering advice you might what to heed yourself. While the line can be blurred a bit between VIP, VIP inspired and hellaflush, I understand there are distinct differences but are all related to the fitment scene.

I wasn't talking about that, you quoted me and started talking about haters like I called you it. You quoted the wrong message if you wanted to talk about haters.
You and another member were labeling people haters that weren't in favor of the VIP look.

Your opinions are delivered poorly because you feel the need to cuss consistently.
Cuss consistently? I said sh*t twice. I'm not one to use vulgarity or expletives to make a point, but the word seemed fitting at the time. Also, I'm not all that used to posting on a forum that is censored to this degree.

Can You post a photo of your car now?
I am at work now, don't have any pics of my car on my work computer or posted anywhere online that I can recall. I have a 2008 G35xS w/navi, bone stock as of now. I'll post a pic when I get home if it's that big of a deal.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Not at all a fan of the VIP look, but I will say I have the utmost respect for the amount of time & devotion it takes to pull it off. I guess I'm too old

Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Rutland
4DGS...

Honestly, I think you're the only one that looks foolish...okay, that's not true. Both of you do for arguing over who looks foolish or what the definition of a "hater" is.

I personally think the car looks cool...as a museum piece or decoration. As an actual car, it's pretty lame. So, call me a hater, don't call me a hater... I really don't care. As for you two...please keep arguing - it's entertaining to watch.
After reading through the posts, I'm gonna have to agree that there was a little bit of silliness in all of it. Nothing like a pissing match to break up the boredom I suppose.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm all for closing up wheel gap.. but making the wheels tilt and sit inside of the fender looks dumb.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM
hope you like buying new tires often, not a fan looks GHETTO. its an infiniti not an 87 s10

Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^You do realize that he doesn't drive with it cambered in like that, it only looks like that when its parked and dumped.

As I previously posted...

Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
Exactly, this is his driving height.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
but it is still extremely low at driving height

Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
^Correct, which does not necessarily mean that he will be buying tires often which stl.rbizy stated, as long as he has a proper alignment and his toe is dialed in properly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G in VIP style?