G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Starting issues, warning light issues, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting issues, warning light issues, etc

One morning a few weeks ago I went out to start my car and it would not start at all. Radio worked, A/C worked, and pretty much everything else, but the car would simply not start. A few minutes later I called AAA and had it jump started. No issues until later that night. I went to a local sports bar to get some drinks and food with a buddy of mine and when we got outside to my car and tried starting it, the exact same thing was happening as before. Once more, I called AAA. This time they told me that the battery I had in my car was completely toast. I replaced it assuming that was the root of all the problems, but to no avail the car still would not start. AAA had to call in reinforcement and get a flat bed to tow my car to my local Infiniti dealership.

The service department looked at it and could not diagnose any problems and said they just needed to jump start it. I come back later that night after the service department closed to pick it up. I started the car and every single warning light was on: key, service engine soon, tire pressure, VDC OFF, slip, AWD, cruise, AFS OFF. I proceeded to get pissed because I was thinking to myself "Under what circumstances is it ever acceptable to leave a car for a client with all of these lights illuminating?" I then put the car in drive and drove it off the lot to see if anything would change. For the first 45 seconds the tachometer would not respond and neither would the speedometer. After gunning it up and down their road hoping it would jump start something they started operating, but all warning lights remained on.

I left the dealer with the loaner car I had the day before and kept my car there. The next day service went to take another look at it and the car would not start at all, once again, so they needed to jump it.

To give a little background to this story, as if it needs to be any longer here goes:

The car had prior front end damage which damaged the ICC sensor making it inoperable (this is what the dealer told me) which apparently disables regular cruise control also. The six disc changer in the trunk and 6 disc player up front were also inoperable. Both were fixed under warranty.

Upon further diagnostics by the dealer they're trying to tell me that because my ICC sensor is bad it is causing several errors and throwing many codes. This makes the dealer believe the ICC sensor is the reason my car was having issues starting.

What do you guys think? Could it be the ICC? Blow fuses?

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Old 01-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot to add that the dealership is wanting to charge me $2000 for the sensor. I've seen other people being charged on here $1400-$1500. Is there anywhere else I could get it for less should that be the problem?