G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Anyone have/had Sumitomo tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Google it, lots of info on them. Chinese made inferior tires, shouldn't really go on a "G"

Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amen brother. Had some on a previous car and two of the four developed a bubble on the sidewall within 6 months without going over any deep potholes.

Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Man do these things suck. Loud ride...feel the tires through the wheel..

Can't wait to get rid of these..are they actually good tires?

Old 01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
So if you guys are clowning sumitomo's, what would you get instead? I was thinking Nitto IF i don't get sumitomo again.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Nix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm certainly no tire expert but I just got a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4's off tirerack.com based on reviews from several places. I was also interested in the Michelin Primacy MXM4's (lower treadwear rating, higher traction rating) but there wasn't enough consumer information on them for me to feel comfortable buying them. The MXV4's will supposedly last twice as long as my RS-A's did (under same conditions of course). The local installer also praised them. Since I had them installed, we've had moderate snow on the ground so I haven't been able to push them hard. The ride seems smoother and the car actually feels lighter. Can't really tell a difference in road noise to be honest. Eager to test the cornering.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by celwin
Amen brother. Had some on a previous car and two of the four developed a bubble on the sidewall within 6 months without going over any deep potholes.
They suck...going 30-50 i feel the entire road through my steering wheel..almost feels like the tire is rubbing against something and i also feel it when braking through the brake pedal...these tires sure dont make it drive like an infiniti!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 AM
I have the HTR A/S P01 (V) 225 55 R17 and have no complaints. They do well in the snow and are quiet on dry pavement.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
i had Sumitomo HTR + on my acura tl, amazing traction in the snow and rain. that sucks you guys have had so many problems. i will say though that i did have a problem with sidewall bubbles also, definitely not strong enough for hitting potholes.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
i had Sumitomo HTR + on my acura tl, amazing traction in the snow and rain. that sucks you guys have had so many problems. i will say though that i did have a problem with sidewall bubbles also, definitely not strong enough for hitting potholes.
The tires pressure was a little low so i added some air hoping it would fix all of my issues..nope

When your steering wheel has a vibration at highway speeds, as well as seat vibrations and cabin vibrations (75% sure they are all in relation to the tires), you don't feel like you are driving an Infiniti. Think i am going to have to change tires as soon as i can to fix this. I want a luxury ride!!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Still riding on the same old tires and they seem to be getting worse. Perfect amount of tread on them. Still very deep. Too bad now my drivers seat is vibrating a lot more when going 60+...plan to try and stick it out for another 2 months but i don't know if i will be able too...

Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM
I replaced mine with GoodRich at Samsclub for $540(including tax & installation) and I am not too fan about tires so just got them.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
If you want the #1 tire, Yokohamas! I am still thinking about getting another set of sumitomos for the rear though. I am going bald in the back.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
If you want the #1 tire, Yokohamas! I am still thinking about getting another set of sumitomos for the rear though. I am going bald in the back.
Yeah i am thinking Yoko's or Continentals DWS. Sucks about vibrations. I can live with it. Just sucks

Old 02-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Also have the HTR A/S P01 (V) 225 55 R17, have about 2k miles on them so far, one word - AWESOME. I think a lot of people get caught up in brand names, and dont focus on professional reviews. The HTR A/SP01 V rated tire is ranked 1st on tire rack, and im pretty sure they are a reliable source. Anyway, I was going to go with the Yokohama's, but figured ill save some coin since they are ranked the same. Smooth, quiet, great in snow, rain, dry road. I babied the tires for about 300 miles, and pushed the car on some twisty roads upstate NY, handles like its on rails. Compared to my friends 2006 M35x, my 2007 G35x does ride significantly louder and bumpier. I've driven atleast 15 different types of G35's/37's, all with various transmissions and trims, as well as many other Infiniti models, the G35 is the roughest ride due to its handling capability. If you want an altra smooth quiet ride, the G35 is not the car for you. Changing the tires wont help much, trust me.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by CHIZMONEY
Also have the HTR A/S P01 (V) 225 55 R17, have about 2k miles on them so far, one word - AWESOME. I think a lot of people get caught up in brand names, and dont focus on professional reviews. The HTR A/SP01 V rated tire is ranked 1st on tire rack, and im pretty sure they are a reliable source. Anyway, I was going to go with the Yokohama's, but figured ill save some coin since they are ranked the same. Smooth, quiet, great in snow, rain, dry road. I babied the tires for about 300 miles, and pushed the car on some twisty roads upstate NY, handles like its on rails. Compared to my friends 2006 M35x, my 2007 G35x does ride significantly louder and bumpier. I've driven atleast 15 different types of G35's/37's, all with various transmissions and trims, as well as many other Infiniti models, the G35 is the roughest ride due to its handling capability. If you want an altra smooth quiet ride, the G35 is not the car for you. Changing the tires wont help much, trust me.
It may ride bumpier and louder..but does your steering wheel vibrate at highway speeds after 3 balances? Can you feel the entire road and vibrations though the wheel? The dealer even told me when i bought it the tires had un even tread on them.

I have to make a new choice on tires today when the dealer calls back. Looking at yokohamas avid envigor or conti DWS

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Yea well in your case I would say get the Yokohama's. I thought you had just purchased new Sumi's and hated them, didnt know the car came with them from the dealer worn. Go with the Yokohama's. Conti's are dope also, had them on my maxima and it was smooth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have/had Sumitomo tires?