G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Spoiler Install Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler Install Help

Im hoping someone can help me out here. I ordered the OEM rear spoiler for 08 g35 sedan. This is not the accessory one that goes over the camera, this is the raised up one with the brake light. WEll the place sent me the wrong color but i was looking at it and my gf dad was also (hes going ot install it for me) and there is no template or anything with it, and theres jsut a screw coming out no nut or anything and a white piece also which sticks out like a half inch and has no cover or anything that you would secure the piece down with. so you would basically drill a hole for this and it would just sit there. i was looking on the diagram online of the part and there are really 4 pieces to it totally so maybe i have to order all the pieces also? theres a spoiler clip, spoiler grommet and spoiler nut as seperate peices. it looks like the white piece sticking out might be the clip. but theres no nut on mine or the grommet which i guess would fit over the clip. i called the place and he said it should all be there including a template but im not so sure. its supposed to be into them by tomorrowo so they are going to check it out but it would help if someone knows for sure what the deal is. this is the picture of it here.
http://onlineinfinitiparts.reachloca..._id=5028912578

Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
yeah it sounds like you're missing a few parts. without seeing it i know from installing spoilers you should typically have 4 studs with nuts/clips/whatever.

as for a template, you can always lay down masking tape, put some lipstick on the bottom of the spoiler and line it up where you want, then you'll basically know where you need to drill once you do some simple figuring.

bob

Old 04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
as for a template, you can always lay down masking tape, put some lipstick on the bottom of the spoiler and line it up where you want, then you'll basically know where you need to drill once you do some simple figuring.
^ This. I had a similar process, you can check my photos for an idea. (They're halfway down the page.) http://gshack.org/?p=227

Old 04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya thats probably fine and not a big deal im sure he can figure it out but im just worried that i dont have all the parts there. i guess ill have to wait till they call me tomorrow when it comes in and they can check it out and hopefully figure it all out. althought i need it all set by friday so its cutting it close.