G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Where does everyone keep their cell phone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
My NAV sucks a$$!!! I have the 07-08 maps that's why!! Most of the time I trust my iPhone 4 maps!! Sometimes I cant even find addresses on the NAVI! I need an update!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Knowing where you're going in advance and having a well developed sense of direction . . . PRICELESS !
Booooooring
Going new places and knowing your phone can find home ftw.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by iamtimshady
Booooooring
Going new places and knowing your phone can find home ftw.
Too funny. I guess most young folks today would just be stranded if their batteries ever went dead.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 PM
They just came out with chargers that plug our new school hippy space age gps having phones right into our cars!!

Sadly, the majority of people get lost with or without something telling them where to go.

I'm fine without it if I'm any place that I've looked at on a map or driven to before. You get your main roads/interstates and have a good sense of direction and your golden, or at least can get back to where you started. It's way more convenient and fun though looking at where you are from an aerial view and exploring new places without having to ever pull out a map, make any sort of plans, worry about roads being blocked, having to come back the same way, etc.. Ironically, I use my gps to "get lost" but I was doing the same without it.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 to google maps! If you've never been somewhere, you would need a map or directions.... Why wouldn't you use both via your phone, that with a $15 car charger doesn't need a charge while your driving, because low and behold it's charging!
Oh and dont forget being somewhere your not familiar with, say on vacation, and deciding you want Thai for dinner, click click on the phone and boom you've got nav getting you to the nearest thai place. Read the reviews for it while your at it. A good sense of direction doesn't generally find you what you need. You dont have to be young to make use of technology, I'd call that resourceful.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I removed the ash tray and put my 4g evo shift in there, fits in there pretty nice.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Mytouch 3g. in the cup holder. ****in bangs around til i get irritated. then i move it to the passenger seat.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Too funny. I guess most young folks today would just be stranded if their batteries ever went dead.
God damned DROID x lost gps signal when I was Omw to a date in nyc... showed up 20 min later... stupid gps almost screwed everything up!! :P

Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo 4g tucks away nice with the thigh bolster opened one click in my xS seats..can still feel it vibrate and it doesn't fly off my lap when I hop out!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
Beats paying $2000 for gps that needs an update cd....
I use my GPS with live traffic in order to avoid congested areas when I go home from work. About 90% of the time it saves me time and major irritation. I have sitting in traffic.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
in between my legs....no HOMO

Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Extra batteries FTW.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knowing where you're going in advance and having a well developed sense of direction . . . PRICELESS !
While you're trying to find your map I'm already on the road.

You remind me of my FIL. We decided to take a journey to Five Guys Burgers and Fries (Harold and Kumar style) and when I told him I don't know how to get there he almost had an anxiety attack. I told him to settle down, pulled out my EVO 3D and we got there like a boss.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tomek
I use my GPS with live traffic in order to avoid congested areas when I go home from work. About 90% of the time it saves me time and major irritation. I hate sitting in traffic.
^this.
In a traffic jam? Pull up google maps, follow the red traffic to the accident or construction icon slowing you up. Tap it & it tells you info about the accident/construction & when is expected to clear. If it's bad, I'm taking the back roads. If it's not too bad or you got time to kill, call your wife and tell her your running late, check your facebook, the news, watch live tv, play angry birds, reply to this post, all while listening to Pandora radio (w/no commercials).

Originally Posted by MyGeeeee35
+1 to google maps! If you've never been somewhere, you would need a map or directions.... Why wouldn't you use both via your phone, that with a $15 car charger doesn't need a charge while your driving, because low and behold it's charging!
Oh and dont forget being somewhere your not familiar with, say on vacation, and deciding you want Thai for dinner, click click on the phone and boom you've got nav getting you to the nearest thai place. Read the reviews for it while your at it. A good sense of direction doesn't generally find you what you need. You dont have to be young to make use of technology, I'd call that resourceful.
Rather; Find big old yellow phone book. Go to Restaurant section. Find Thai place. Write down address. Go to car and pull out the map (that hasn't been updated in 12yrs). Unfold map. Look at map index and find road Thai place is on. Find section R27. Try to remember if it was on 34th St., Ave., Rd., or Hwy... Assume it was Street. Plan route to Thai place and drive there. Wait in traffic jam. Get to Thai place and eat crappy Thai. The people with the smart phones are eating at the joint down the road with the good reviews. They went around the traffic jam because their phones told them there was a bad accident ahead. They are winning.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
God damned DROID x lost gps signal when I was Omw to a date in nyc... showed up 20 min later... stupid gps almost screwed everything up!! :P
Similar happened to me on my way to ZdayZ in bumf@k TN/NC mountains and I thought I was going to be bear food but I found out: If you had the route pulled up already in navigation it has all the directions saved but just doesn't update where you are (as long as you don't close the navigation). You can hit next (top right, irc) it goest to each next turn and you can follow the directions to your next date. If gps comes back it it will catch up to where you are. It also keeps the actual map saved so you can zoom in and out and find your way just like a paper map.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where does everyone keep their cell phone?