G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

GTM Stage 2 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks to all for the interest, I will update more once the project gets underway.

Originally Posted by chinaxinsanity
what the difference between the regular supercharger and one "made for the A/T" ? isn't it just the same pulleys and belts and injectors, intercooler etc. being installed?

i will be purchasing the gtm kit and installing myself in the near future, but i am very confused as to what the big difference between the "rwd kit" and "awd kit" is.

... if there are any differences
to the first part of you question, "made for the A/T" means it has extra items included for the automatic trans, in my package, this is specific to the valve body upgrade and trans oil cooler. As for the SC or TT package itself there isn't any difference between what's fitted to an auto or a manual.

as for the second part, you really should know the difference between rwd and awd, if you don't, i highly recommend that you do not even consider doing this upgrade yourself. As for awd Gs, as far as i know, there isn't any SC or TT kit available for x models, i think that GTM is working on one, but not sure about the progress on it.

Originally Posted by da mayor
personally I would've went w/ the JWT twin turbo kit... the supercharger can only go so far in power, especially for $12k...

but good luck w/ your build
JWT's website doesn't have any info on a TT kit for VQ35HR so until today i'm still not sure if they have release it or not. But in any case, TT is great especially for power, but I'm not looking for that. For me reliability comes at a priority, this is my DD even in winter, so i can't have my engine blown up after 20k. Also, the stage 2 is perfectly capable of pushing over 500rwhp at 10-11psi, at over 500rwhp, i will need start looking at an entire trans rebuilt, and since i don't have that kind of cash to spare, my target is about 470rwhp, with enough head room for the trans. also if you look at the SC package alone, it's not 12, it's actually below 8g, i just have all the extra and install fees that's added to the price tag, which is what makes it look much higher. so technically, any TT will cost more.

To anyone interested with question, feel free to post them on here, i will try my best to answer them

Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
Thanks to all for the interest, I will update more once the project gets underway.

to the first part of you question, "made for the A/T" means it has extra items included for the automatic trans, in my package, this is specific to the valve body upgrade and trans oil cooler. As for the SC or TT package itself there isn't any difference between what's fitted to an auto or a manual.

as for the second part, you really should know the difference between rwd and awd, if you don't, i highly recommend that you do not even consider doing this upgrade yourself. As for awd Gs, as far as i know, there isn't any SC or TT kit available for x models, i think that GTM is working on one, but not sure about the progress on it.
is that supposed to be you mocking me? lol. you just answered my question in your first paragraph, "made for the A/T meaning valve body upgrade and trans oil cooler. isn't any difference between what's fitted to an auto or a manual".

great. but to the second question, you simply state that i apparently didnt know the difference between awd/rwd. my question was basically to ask that if the kit was installed, would there be a difference, simply because we're just boosting and not really changing anything else, and that the awd system would not be affected as long as the same output is going through each wheel? what would be things that would have to change, if using a "rwd kit" for an awd.

which is what I was trying to confirm and find out once again. no need for your smart *** remarks. or hey, maybe i shouldn't learn how to install my own supercharger and instead pay a shitload of money to have someone else do it for me.

but whatever makes you happy. some people like to spend the money, others like to learn and install themselves. im not here to judge, and now i'm back to my original question. what exactly is the difference between "awd kit" and "rwd kit" if there are any differences.

ps: you're looking at about 8.2k for the parts, and 4k for labor install and tune. you also may need to spend more money to get gauges, unless you dont want to know what you're boosting it, which i'll just LOL to also. if self install, you may only need to just get the parts, and spend an extra grand for tuning.

but GTM is good at what they do. i'd just personally would learn how to install myself, which is why i ask these questions, and to save money since i dont have that kind of cash

Last edited by chinaxinsanity; 08-02-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by chinaxinsanity
is that supposed to be you mocking me? lol. you just answered my question in your first paragraph, "made for the A/T meaning valve body upgrade and trans oil cooler. isn't any difference between what's fitted to an auto or a manual".

great. but to the second question, you simply state that i apparently didnt know the difference between awd/rwd. my question was basically to ask that if the kit was installed, would there be a difference, simply because we're just boosting and not really changing anything else, and that the awd system would not be affected as long as the same output is going through each wheel? what would be things that would have to change, if using a "rwd kit" for an awd.

which is what I was trying to confirm and find out once again. no need for your smart *** remarks. or hey, maybe i shouldn't learn how to install my own supercharger and instead pay a shitload of money to have someone else do it for me.

but whatever makes you happy. some people like to spend the money, others like to learn and install themselves. im not here to judge, and now i'm back to my original question. what exactly is the difference between "awd kit" and "rwd kit" if there are any differences.

ps: you're looking at about 8.2k for the parts, and 4k for labor install and tune. you also may need to spend more money to get gauges, unless you dont want to know what you're boosting it, which i'll just LOL to also. if self install, you may only need to just get the parts, and spend an extra grand for tuning.

but GTM is good at what they do. i'd just personally would learn how to install myself, which is why i ask these questions, and to save money since i dont have that kind of cash
Well, going back to reading what i wrote yesterday night, maybe that came off a bit wrong in the tone, sorry if it offended you. I think i did miss understand you question, i thought you were asking what's the physical difference between the rwd and awd.
As for the kit physically, the biggest difference is that the need too make room for the front axle drive shaft for awd, with the way all TT kit available on the market are designed, non of them left room for the front drive shaft for x models, and that is the same with SC kit form GTM, the physical location of the rotrex unit interferes with the location of the drive shaft. however, the stillen SC kit is right now the only way for FI for all x models.
As for the actual install, i do trust GTM for the work they do, plus i do and will get to know the kit inside out, so it's not like i'm just paying someone to do all the work for me without gaining any knowledge myself. Installing on my own is an issue since i really don't have the time to park my car and work on it and i don't have easy access to a dyno. but if you are confident in DIY, good for you, from my perspective, GTM is still the best people to go to for the install.
As for the price, the parts actually come out to be around 9.5g and 2.5 for install, as for the monitoring devices, i'm working on finding the best solution with Sam, he is still doing some research to present me with a few options, i just didn't mention it in the post so far.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
thats a sizeable chunk of change for the install

Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
good lawd... when u get it done post video and pictures

Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
This guy doesn't mess around!!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by GXXXV X
thats a sizeable chunk of change for the install
It's actually reasonable the few local shops that i asked around quoted me 3g CAD for install without tunning.

Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
good lawd... when u get it done post video and pictures
Thanks, will do

Originally Posted by salvador312
This guy doesn't mess around!!
Referring to me

Old 08-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
In comparison, I would have to spent more on a TT kit, without necessarily a gain in whp.
Not sure what you mean by this? TT requires more supporting mods for higher PSI. but there is more parasitic loss on a supercharger and generally you wil make less hp at the same PSI than on a TT. of course every setup is different, but that's what i've seen.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by suprasam
Not sure what you mean by this? TT requires more supporting mods for higher PSI. but there is more parasitic loss on a supercharger and generally you wil make less hp at the same PSI than on a TT. of course every setup is different, but that's what i've seen.
oh TT gets more output for sure, but i don't want to rebuild my trans, so to be safe, i won't try to go over 500rwhp. and the stage 2 SC is more then enough for making my target power, and i don't have to spend as much

Old 08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow congrats on pulling the trigger on the supercharger kit. Can't wait to see pics and vids when it's done. I would love to do this on my car, I think it would be awesome to drive around in a SC G35 Sedan with 500 hp on tap. Sure it seems like a lot of money, but you gotta pay to play right?

Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Please post alot of video on it. I call gym for the sc kit as well awhile ago, I just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like an awesome kit, good luck with everything! Watching for videos/photos

Old 08-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice keep posted GTM has my G as well for a build

Old 08-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
You guys going TT and SC take everything to another level!!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Curious for the results. GTM is certainly expensive but they are supposed to be one of the best shops on the West coast.

Those who are asking specific questions regarding this kit, the owner of GTM frequently posts on My350Z. http://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/49954...s-release.html

Last edited by herrschaft; 08-27-2011 at 04:05 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Stage 2 Supercharger