G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

dealer is retarded... need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
I spoke to the service manager... he's gonna "personally" be there to look into it. Sounds like another wasteful trip. Ill let u guys know how it goes friday ....god I hate this car.
well, i hope after thing are fix you'll love your G again.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lot's of luck indeed. If you are in NY/NJ area, check your repairs very carefully. Pepe Infiniti, Infiniti of Englewood (when owned by the NY legacy Auto Group) Infiniti of Manhattan and now surprisingly Douglas Infiniti have botched simple repairs on my vehicle. My private mechanic is doing the necessary.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Went to the dealer... the problem couldn't be replicated. Drove home and parked the car, and it did... ugghh. Bringing it back ob Wednesday and my service rep said he can take it for 2 days and he'll drive it around while I get a loaner...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:55 PM
I need some help. I found out this metallic grinding noise is coming from the right front side of the engine (my right when facing the car) and when I examined it, I noticed the sound starts AFTER the ac is turnedthe off andof both fans are stopped.. so I can rule out defective fans making sounds while spinning down. Anyone have a diagram of the engine bay with locations of the components listed? I trying to see if the condenser is the culprit... but I don't know where it is located. I know that the compressor has been replaced 2 times, but don't think the condenser was..... please help!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
maybe they replaced the compressor but not the clutch pulley assembly and thats what might be sticking, have someone sit in the car and watch the it if engages and disengages properly also ask the dealer if they replaced this

Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Good luck with this. It's a design flaw as i see it. I have this noise too. Nissan released a tsb which basically replaces the compressor. But the noise comes back. You should be mad at Nissan and not at the dealership. I think Nissan gave up on this problem lol.

Last edited by muyrec; 09-01-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ketchup83se01
maybe they replaced the compressor but not the clutch pulley assembly and thats what might be sticking, have someone sit in the car and watch the it if engages and disengages properly also ask the dealer if they replaced this
I was thinking it might be that part. It's not sticking. The bearings go bad over time causing the noise is my best guess.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're not happy with the dealer.. try another....

I found that depending on the dealer, service varies greatly in my area.... So far I found one that sucks... and one that is very good....

Old 09-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by muyrec
I was thinking it might be that part. It's not sticking. The bearings go bad over time causing the noise is my best guess.
Clutch pulley assembly? Do u mean the magnetic clutch? Cause that's built into the compressor.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:51 AM
OMFG... dealer just said "there's no way" its the ac... maybe the tranny. Wtf is wrong with these people? If its the tranny why would the sound go away if I turn the ac back on???

Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Clutch pulley assembly? Do u mean the magnetic clutch? Cause that's built into the compressor.
You sure its built into it? Im pretty sure its a removable part. I was talking about the pulley that goes around the clutch. Think its that part that goes bad. I havent been able to find a replacement yet.

OMFG... dealer just said "there's no way" its the ac... maybe the tranny. Wtf is wrong with these people? If its the tranny why would the sound go away if I turn the ac back on???
lol it aint the tranny. dealer gave up.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Dealer said magnetic clutch and the compressor is a single piece... one can't be replaced without the other.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ I think you are somewhat close by to where i am, if you feel like taking a ride to smithtown nissan i have heard they are good. Luckily havent had to go to them, but the owner of that nissan dealership also owns a performance shop across the street. I have heard nothing but good things.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Got the car back today. Rep had it for 5 days, took his family and kids joyriding on it during labor day on my gas, put on 350 miles, and couldn't fix **** cause its too intermittent. Back seat was filthy with crumbs and sticky spills. This SOB wasn't in today for me to abuse...

Another rep came out and heard a ticking sound from my engine, and replaced the belt tensioner and the belt all under warranty... so one issue was resolved, but whether the original grinding AC was caused by a bad tensioner or not remains to be seen as I drive it around. This new rep was also nice to tell me next time I bring it in, I can get the steering wheel and side panel peeling looked into.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Dealer said magnetic clutch and the compressor is a single piece... one can't be replaced without the other.
I replaced the clutch myself and didn't have to take apart the compressor...

I found a 350z ac clutch on e*** for less than 100 bucks, install was easy! there is one screw holding it in place... right in the middle of the magnetic clutch.

I replaced it because, I too, had the grinding sound. It was more like metal rubbing against each other.

After the I changed er out, it was back to normal!!!

try it, only a 100 bucks...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dealer is retarded... need help