G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Custom LED Daytime Running Lights aka DRLs for G35/37 sedan what you think??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking to do that on a sport bumper.
Any ideas???

Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I bought the same DRL kit from Korea. I own an 2008 G35 Base model but it looks simular to the Journey bumper, any difference? I don't have money right now for the install but I have installed my pedal shifters. I have to redo the steering wheel again after i pulled it, I put it on back on wrong.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paneraiguy
I just ordered a pair. I will have an auto body shop install them which may not be cheap.
Have you got them installed??
Can you post some pics if you got em installed?

Old 11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
man, i wish they make the kit for sports bumper

Old 11-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rhyG35ames
Have you got them installed??
Can you post some pics if you got em installed?
I had them installed but I haven't had a chance to take any decent pics but I will provide a couple iphone pics so you can get an idea below. The DRLs look nice IMHO and although some may claim DRLs are "played out" that is purely subjective. It's all a matter of what you like...and as they say with women...ones man's trash is another man's treasure.

I will have to say that when the seller said he recommends "professional installation" in the ebay listing, he wasn't joking.

Couple things to point out if you are going to get these:

1. If you get these installed you have to cut out the plastic valances from your bumper so once you do this there is no turning back.

2. These things have fitment issues (just the passenger side anyway) which the seller is aware of and they sort of reference in the ebay listing. The "fitment issue" is that the passenger side LED housing hits the wiper fluid reservoir behind the bumper. To get it to fit you need to move the reservoir back a little then cut part of the DRL plastic housing. The installation shop plastic welded (epoxy) the housings to my bumper then resealed the portion of the housing they had to cut and remounted the bumper (the actual LED housing inside the chrome trim never gets touched just the plastic housing around them).

I decided to have them wired up as parking lights so they come on with my headlights instead of the ignition which would be typical. Either way, if I changed my mind the shop would connect the wire to the ignition to change them to DRLs instead. The installer put a factory looking manual override on/off switch next to the hood release latch in the dash if I decided I don't want them on.

The lights do come with a relay to wire into the turn signals which is a nice feature because the turn signal function always works whether they are on or not. There are two sets of LED in the housing, an amber set for the turn signals and a white set for the DRLs.

All in all I really like them and the new valance housing alone gives a better look than the factory ones.

What will this mod set you back? That depends if you do the installation yourself or take it to a professional shop.

Cost breakdown:
$180 for the DRLs shipped.
$250 (depends on where you have them installed)to have them installed and the manual override switch placed under the dash.

Of course if you do the install yourself this is $200 mod.

I will get some better pics eventually but I just bought my G and I am still in the process of getting goodies for it.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
that looks very good

Old 11-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
That's probably the best looking one I've seen so far. it looks OE.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm buying these now, It's decided.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow...looks factory OE for sure. Very nice.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Looks real nice I have a pair of drls in my bumper but these look more officialle..I'm prob gona ppick these up and paint the chrom peice black so it don't stic k out so far.great mod looks nice.we need some night pic

Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Wish i could get mine installed been saving to pay do the maintainance.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer
Wish i could get mine installed been saving to pay do the maintainance.
You'll like em once you get them installed. I think these are cleaner than just having fog lights put on plus they flow well with the front end giving it a sportier look. I really like them so far.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
I plan on having my install done by Audio Excellence here in the Orlando Area. I own a black infiniti so i wonder how it would look once its installed. I plan on posting pictures. Plus i am probably going to do the same setup as you and have them connected via the parking lamp route instead of drls.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
nice, looks sick!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stockae92
man, i wish they make the kit for sports bumper
Same here. I emailed the seller and was told that I could use the lights without the housing. Sounds like a lot of modification work to me though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom LED Daytime Running Lights aka DRLs for G35/37 sedan what you think??