G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Beeping Driving Me Absolutely Nuts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beeping Driving Me Absolutely Nuts

Hey guys, here's my problem. Have you ever tried to lock your keys in your car? The car will tell you and beep very quickly for around 10 seconds. Well, my car seems to think that every time I get in the car, and close the door, (keep in mind, I'm IN the car about to drive), that I am locking the keys in the car. I have tried turning on the engine first, then closing the door, still does it. Tried unlocking from outside, inside, you name it, EVERYTHING.

In fact, the only thing that stopped the beeping was me putting the keys on the ground, outside the car, shutting the door, turning the car on, and grabbing my keys through the window (if I open the door to grab them and shut the door with the keys inside, the beeping starts again).

Please...please dear god help me. Can I turn this feature off? Is this some kind of electrical issue? It's to the point where every time I get in the car with my girlfriend, she looks at me and goes: "beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep!" and laughs...

Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
where is ikey fob #2?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
where is ikey fob #2?
In my house...

Old 11-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
OK, how long has this been occurring? Someone else recently posted about a similar problem. He bought a used G. Turns out that there was another (3rd) key stuck under one of the seats, likely from the previous owner.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
well he said if he puts it in the ground it doesnt beep, probably means the sensor is reading pass the door ? only thing i can think of

Old 11-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
OK, how long has this been occurring? Someone else recently posted about a similar problem. He bought a used G. Turns out that there was another (3rd) key stuck under one of the seats, likely from the previous owner.
My G was bought used as well. I've had it for nearly a year now and it just started happening. I looked for a key but couldn't find one anywhere; just to make sure I was missing it I put both of my keys in the house and tried to start the car (if there was one in there it should have started) and it said: "No key" on the dash.

It's still happening...so strange and driving me crazy.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I should also mention that it unlocks all the doors when I close the door too right as it beeps, whether they are unlocked already or locked (doors other than the driver's door).

Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts
Okay try this first because I think I know what the problem is. Take the i-key causing the issue inside the house and bring the second i-key out to the car. If it operates properly with no issues,then one of the buttons on the other i-key is shorted out internally and the car thinks the remote is trying to lock/unlock the doors at all times. Let me know if this helps...if this fixes your problem then getting a new I-key is going to be your only alternative.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by infinitidude
Okay try this first because I think I know what the problem is. Take the i-key causing the issue inside the house and bring the second i-key out to the car. If it operates properly with no issues,then one of the buttons on the other i-key is shorted out internally and the car thinks the remote is trying to lock/unlock the doors at all times. Let me know if this helps...if this fixes your problem then getting a new I-key is going to be your only alternative.
Just tried this. Unfortunately, it didn't work; still did the same exact thing. I haven't even used my other ikey too, its practically brand new so I can't imagine the key is the issue now.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Just noticed that when I park in the garage and leave my keys in the car, it does the beeping thing.

No matter what circumstances, if any key fob is in the car and I close the door, the the car lets off that high pitch beeping sound and unlocks all the car doors instantly, even if they are unlocked.

Any ideas guys? I'm dying here and could really use the help.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Sounds like the the control logic has gone haywire. Didn't someone here recently have their BCM (??) replaced to fix a problem like this?

Old 03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
my car is now doing the same exact thing. anybody find out the cause? Im going to replace the battery in my key fob and see if that helps...