G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Taking off interior door panel with door closed - Rear Driver Door Stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Taking off interior door panel with door closed - Rear Driver Door Stuck

Hey All-

I think the cable is broken or loose inside my driver side rear door of my 07 G35 Sedan so the door will not open. I think this will be an easy fix to just reattach the cable but I can't get the interior door panel open when the door is closed. I can't open the door, both handles just pull on nothing at the moment.

Anyone know how to take off the interior door panel when the door is closed? I assume there is a way some how because how would the dealer work on it?

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't think you will be able to remove the entire door panel without destroying the door, but you should be able to remove the area behind the handle and try to reattach the door latch that way.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not sure how it is done, but i know it is possible. I had the lock actuator die 3 times last winter in my rear driver's side door and the dealer was able to get it open. I would start by pulling out the plate behind the interior handle and seeing if it disconnected there, and maybe pull up the finishing piece and see if you can see anything that way. When my actuator jammed the first time, they quoted me 700 dollars for new handle, actuator, cables, and labor. The outside handle got messed up and getting to that required taking apart everything in the door so hopefully yours is still ok, and luckliy infiniti paid for my door lol.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for your input.

I was able to get all the screws off but the door panel seems to be one big piece. I can't take a part smaller pieces to be able to get to the interior of the door to try to get it open.

Is the top half of the panel able to be taken apart? I tried pulling really hard to take off the panel when the door is closed but I don't think it's possible since the panel is wedged in between the door seams.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couldn't you open the door down through the glass i.e. the same way a lock-out service would unlock a car with the keys locked in it?

I realize that this is not the same situation, but there must be a way to trip the door handle mechanism using the same type of approach. You could always pop the panel off your other door to see what you'd need to catch to open the broken door.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
^ agree

Old 02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im in the same situation door wouldnt open from inside/outside, any update on this?

Old 02-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by pontiacstogo
Couldn't you open the door down through the glass i.e. the same way a lock-out service would unlock a car with the keys locked in it?

I realize that this is not the same situation, but there must be a way to trip the door handle mechanism using the same type of approach. You could always pop the panel off your other door to see what you'd need to catch to open the broken door.
WHS.... tried calling a locksmith to see if they can open it.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
This is third iv heard of this issue on our cars, wonder why it happens... did it just all of a sudden stop opening or did you hear something snap while trying to open it.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayzala
Hey All-

I think the cable is broken or loose inside my driver side rear door of my 07 G35 Sedan so the door will not open. I think this will be an easy fix to just reattach the cable but I can't get the interior door panel open when the door is closed. I can't open the door, both handles just pull on nothing at the moment.

Anyone know how to take off the interior door panel when the door is closed? I assume there is a way some how because how would the dealer work on it?

Thanks!
I was able to take off the interior panel by first removing the bottom seat cushion, then the seat back. Then I removed the window switch panel, the two bolts behind it, the door handle cover, and the bolt behind it (normal panel removal process). I also pulled the gasket off the door frame to get a little more room to work.

Starting from the top, I pulled the panel to pop out the little plastic rivets, then worked my way down the left side (rear of the car on the driver side), then the right side.

It's a little dicey, but it can be done. I still can't get my door open, but hopefully your latch isn't as jammed as mine...

Old 02-02-2019, 11:20 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Your mom's boyfriend
This solution will work regardless of which handle is broken inside or out.

Roll the windows down.
Standing outside of the car push the top of the interior panel away : into the car giving you access to...
The inner glass felt weatherstripping trim. Remove this.

This creates an inch gap between your window and the inside of the door panel.
Bend a coat hanger or similar thicker metal wire into a straight line with a hook on the end.
Reach down to the latch assembly and pull the lever up.
If it's seized in the up position push the lever down.

The latch has only 1 moving part which needs to be lifted.
Instantly opened.