G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012 | 06:27 PM
Beat me to it. But yeah that sticker needs to go ASAP

Old 02-04-2012 | 07:22 PM
where did you order the LEDS from ? did you order them in one deal? Can you please share a link?

Old 02-04-2012 | 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by KyLex06

In the next couple of weeks I am getting my Z wheels powder coated so I will need to purchase new tires soon. I read over the threads talking about staggered wheels on an X model and know what I need to do for it to work properly. Im confused on finding the correct tires though, but think I have found a correct way to find the measurements.

For these OEM wheels the specs are:
Front
Size: 18x8.0
Offset: +30mm
Weight: 24.4
Tire: 225/45/18
Rear
Size: 18x8.5
Offset: +33mm
Weight: 25.8
Tire: 245/45/18

I went to http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp and used the calculator to play around with the sizes. So far I have these measurements.

Front wheels: Keep the 225/45R18 with a diameter of 25.97"

Rear wheels: Change the size to 245/40R18 and the diameter is very close at 25.71"

Can someone please give me some input if Ive done this correctly? Im new at staggered setups and using them on a AWD vehicle.
Well, first of all, you should not be sizing relative to what the original tires were on those Z wheels, instead you should be basing it primarily on what diameter your car originally came with and is calibrated for. Your car is an X and it originally came with a 225/55-17 setup which has a diameter of 26.7" on all four wheels; THAT is your ideal target.

Next, are you dead set on running different sized tires on your AWD car? It can be done, but it is still advisable to keep your front and rear diameters as close as possible. One common choice for stock width staggered 18" Sport wheels is to just go with the Sport tire sizing (225/50-18 fronts, 245/45-18 rears) which yields a very similar overall diameter to a stock X and very close between the fronts and rears. However, in your particular case, you could actually make them identical. Here's how:

Since those Z wheels are 8" wide in the front, you could just run the 245/45-18 size on both the front and rears. The wider wheel on the fronts will comfortably accept the 245 width, whereas the stock 7-1/2" is normally a tad too narrow for them. As an added bonus, there are lots of tire choices in that size, and technically (and for all the street talk and bench racing cred it's worth) you can still say your running a set of staggered wheels, . . . just not staggered tire sizes.
Hope that helps.

The following users liked this post:
kristof (02-04-2012)
Old 02-04-2012 | 10:48 PM
|
Originally Posted by goalomeri
where did you order the LEDS from ? did you order them in one deal? Can you please share a link?
They were bought all together off eBay. Most people are against ordering car parts off eBay but I've had nothing but good luck with the LEDS I've ordered off eBay. Just search "o7 g35 sedan led" in eBay motors and you will see the "kit" I ordered. It's 11 pieces all together.

Originally Posted by vqsmile
Well, first of all, you should not be sizing relative to what the original tires were on those Z wheels, instead you should be basing it primarily on what diameter your car originally came with and is calibrated for. Your car is an X and it originally came with a 225/55-17 setup which has a diameter of 26.7" on all four wheels; THAT is your ideal target.

Next, are you dead set on running different sized tires on your AWD car? It can be done, but it is still advisable to keep your front and rear diameters as close as possible. One common choice for stock width staggered 18" Sport wheels is to just go with the Sport tire sizing (225/50-18 fronts, 245/45-18 rears) which yields a very similar overall diameter to a stock X and very close between the fronts and rears. However, in your particular case, you could actually make them identical. Here's how:

Since those Z wheels are 8" wide in the front, you could just run the 245/45-18 size on both the front and rears. The wider wheel on the fronts will comfortably accept the 245 width, whereas the stock 7-1/2" is normally a tad too narrow for them. As an added bonus, there are lots of tire choices in that size, and technically (and for all the street talk and bench racing cred it's worth) you can still say your running a set of staggered wheels, . . . just not staggered tire sizes.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for helping me out. Like I said though I'm new at AWD vehicles so running staggered wheels on it seems confusing considering the problems it causes if there's not proper tires sizes on the wheels. The only reason I was choosing different sizes was because I was under the impression that s what I need to do to get the diameter the same. also, the only reason I'm going to run the wheels on my car is because I already had the wheels before I bought the car. Might as well put them to use now since I didn't on my last car.

So, if I run 245/45-18 on both front and rear, the diameters will be the same or close to it? I'm probably confusing myself more than I need to on this lol

Old 02-05-2012 | 12:45 AM
Just to confirm, you got the 11 Piece for $35 shipped from China?

Old 02-05-2012 | 01:34 AM
|
Just to confirm, you got the 11 Piece for $35 shipped from China?
Yessur. Supposedly it's already been shipped too. Hopefully it gets here quick lol

Old 02-05-2012 | 01:41 AM

So, if I run 245/45-18 on both front and rear, the diameters will be the same or close to it? ...
That is correct. They will be exactly the same.

The following users liked this post:
kristof (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012 | 11:01 AM
|
Originally Posted by vqsmile
That is correct. They will be exactly the same.
Thanks a lot!

Old 02-06-2012 | 10:11 PM
|
Tinted my window today. 15% all around.

Old 02-10-2012 | 06:51 PM
|
WOOT!! Just recieved my LED's for my interior and tag lights!

Now to figure our what type of bulb I need for the front parking lights, and reverse lights.

I also ordered A set of HKS Super Hybrid air filters and a Lip spoiler for the trunk.

Old 02-11-2012 | 02:18 AM
WOOT!! Just recieved my LED's for my interior and tag lights!

Now to figure our what type of bulb I need for the front parking lights, and reverse lights.

I also ordered A set of HKS Super Hybrid air filters and a Lip spoiler for the trunk.
Awesome, now im gonna order them hehe, was afraid with them coming from China. Oh and you mean reverse lights or the license plates for the rear? Also, anyone know how hard it is to replace the front parking lights, they are annoying orange lights that i wish would not come on. (What the are skinny lights for, the 2 that look different from the rest)?

Old 02-11-2012 | 08:47 PM
|
Awesome, now im gonna order them hehe, was afraid with them coming from China. Oh and you mean reverse lights or the license plates for the rear? Also, anyone know how hard it is to replace the front parking lights, they are annoying orange lights that i wish would not come on. (What the are skinny lights for, the 2 that look different from the rest)?
The two skinny ones are for the vanity lights on the visors. Heres a list of what all these are for:
Map light (2 pieces)
Dome light (2 pieces)
Step/Courtesy light (2 pieces)
Trunk/Cargo area (1 piece)
sun visor 2pcs
license plate 2pcs

Here's the tag lights. So far, I think it was worth the $35.00

Old 02-14-2012 | 08:32 PM
|
New air filters arrived today! May install them tomorrow if I can find time away from school and work.

Old 02-16-2012 | 06:43 PM
|
Pulled the filters on my car today and found what looks to be Purolator filters. Driver side one is jacked up and all wavy, not sure why its like that.

So far Im pretty happy with these HKS filters. They look to be built really well and the filter itself is built very nicely.

Here is the cartridge taken apart

And the filter from the side view.

With this phone camera quality, you cant tell much about the LED's but they are really bright. Definelty a good product and worth what I paid for them. Once I get the car cleaned up a little better, I will get the good camera out for a photo shoot lol

Also, I ordered a spoiler for the car. REALLY happy with it.

Old 02-16-2012 | 08:48 PM
Were the stock filters dirty?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally