Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G35X
1950 is the new scoring system it used to be out of 1600
That's how you know we are getting old.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
yes some people work harder than others to afford their mods but thats no reason to make this kid feel like hes lucky enough already, im sure he understands he has a badass car! doesnt mean he doesnt deserve more!

dont worry about some of the people on here, most people mean no harm but cant help themselves! lol

good luck on that SAT bro!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 PM
I think this is a good technique. You get Straight A's do a little extra in school by senior year get what you want. SATs are a big deal. I think that is worth the exhaust that you want if you get the score. I will this in the future. this is the only way people know how to work if they know they are getting something out of it.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
I think this is a good technique. You get Straight A's do a little extra in school by senior year get what you want. SATs are a big deal. I think that is worth the exhaust that you want if you get the score. I will this in the future. this is the only way people know how to work if they know they are getting something out of it.
Horrible technique..I could see a smaller prize but not something big..in the real world you don't get free **** just for doing good at your job. Hell I did a great thing today...and got nothing.

This is why kids get spoiled. No offense OP..just my opinion

Old 01-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Horrible technique..I could see a smaller prize but not something big..in the real world you don't get free **** just for doing good at your job. Hell I did a great thing today...and got nothing.

I guess the way my dad sees it is, "Hey if he can score well enough to get some academic scholarship money why not give him an incentive to work hard?"

In the real world, if you go above and beyond in some jobs there are bonus's you can earn. So that is how the real world works.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh

The exhaust for a good SAT score makes sense to me. In the real world you do get bonuses, promotions, raises, etc. for performing well. You don't get these for just having a good day. But if you have a big sale (if you're in sales), get x amount of people to sign up with your bank, or something like that, most employers reward that. To me, this kid is in a similar situation. The SAT's are a big deal for most kids, and performing well should be rewarded. If you don't reward people for working hard and doing well every once in a while, they will stop caring.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by surfjax87
The exhaust for a good SAT score makes sense to me. In the real world you do get bonuses, promotions, raises, etc. for performing well. You don't get these for just having a good day. But if you have a big sale (if you're in sales), get x amount of people to sign up with your bank, or something like that, most employers reward that. To me, this kid is in a similar situation. The SAT's are a big deal for most kids, and performing well should be rewarded. If you don't reward people for working hard and doing well every once in a while, they will stop caring.
Exactly, and it takes a lot of work preparing for the test just like it takes a lot of work to advance in a job. Its not having a good day that gives you a bonus, promotion, raise etc. its a process that has a reward at the end.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
If i knew i would get that i would work harder for that. If there is nothing to work for high C and B are just the minimum. Well i be getting c+ b- to just get buy

Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Ehh ... sorry again, but I think there is whole other take on this "reward/incentive" plan.

You could also say that the father's offer is quite insulting in that it's basically a declaration that his son is too naive/immature/ignorant/whatever to recognize the REAL reward for doing well on the test and therefore he needs to bribe him by offering a reward that is so feeble and superficial (in comparison), yet will be seen as attractive nonetheless. This is much more something parents do for toddlers, since they are legitimately unable to grasp the whole cause-and-effect concept. Such as: "If you hold real still for the nice doctor to stitch the cut in your arm, daddy will buy you an ice cream cone"

So yep, there's lots of ways to look at it . . . just sayin.

btw, to the OP: I do hope you do right by yourself.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Ehh ... sorry again, but I think there is whole other take on this "reward/incentive" plan.

You could also say that the father's offer is quite insulting in that it's basically a declaration that his son is too naive/immature/ignorant/whatever to recognize the REAL reward for doing well on the test and therefore he needs to bribe him by offering a reward that is so feeble and superficial (in comparison), yet will be seen as attractive nonetheless. This is much more something parents do for toddlers, since they are legitimately unable to grasp the whole cause-and-effect concept. Such as: "If you hold real still for the nice doctor to stitch the cut in your arm, daddy will buy you an ice cream cone"

So yep, there's lots of ways to look at it . . . just sayin.

btw, to the OP: I do hope you do right by yourself.
I have been wanting an exhaust on my car and to my dad grades are the only things that matter right now. (dont blame him) So I asked him about it again one day and hes like the only way ill let you do that is if you get a 1950 on your SAT. What am I gonna do, not that that deal?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
^^ dude, it's all good. Just get good grades for college and take the exhaust too

The following 2 users liked this post by vqsmile:
pbabajan (01-31-2012), Wannabe6MT (01-30-2012)
Old 01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
^^ dude, it's all good. Just get good grades for college and take the exhaust too
That's what I'm saying!

Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
You know as a kid we want incentive. Behave and you get candy. Be good and you get a toy. Clean the house get a buck. As 5yr old that was the world to us. Even at school kids work for incentive and you guys don't even know it. Maybe some of you know it. For years teacher do that to there students and they teach w/out knowing that we all work for incentive. If you want something done you bribe your students and the best way is incentive. It's the only way to get thing done now a days. The exhaust is a good deal and the best incentive.

So, when you win, what exhaust are you looking at?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck with your SAT. It will take you places, believe me. A 1950 (combined) is really not hard to attain at all. I believe I got a 2100 on my first try and my second try I got a 2250.

Word of advice. Don't pay extra for tutoring, buy the official SAT prep book by College Board and skim through the book, skipping what you already know. After studying, keep taking the practice exams either on the book or online.

And congratulations (again) on your car. I'm 19 and I feel an absolutely exhilarating feeling each time I step into my G35x. Stunningly brilliant car.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
So, when you win, what exhaust are you looking at?
Amuse full titanium?????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My bet with my dad