G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

possible buying an 08 g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible buying an 08 g35x

hi there I currently drive a 08 grand prix gxp thinking about getting an 08 g35x this one here

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

anything i should be aware of since the car has 85k miles like what to look for far as reliability is concerned? and is that a good deal u think?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Looks like a nice car but make sure it's been taken care of as with any used car. If the transmission and differential fluids haven't been changed make sure you do them along with the coolant and power steering fluid. The only thing about these cars is that they go through brakes a little faster than most. I have an '08 g35x with 23k and I'm still on the original set of brakes though.

And I think you'll find that the quality of the G is much better in many ways.

Last edited by snowtrax; 03-07-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I've got an 07 x with 120 on it and the only problem has been a wheel bearing... Easy fix

Old 03-07-2012, 11:26 PM
I haven't been in a Pontiac lately, but from the little I know about them, they use shoddy (cheap) interior pieces and are probably not the best quality vehicles overall. I have a 08 x sedan and really like it so far (had it for about a month now). Mine has 39K so no real issues to speak of other than some of the interior panels coating was peeling off around the door 'grab' areas--common problem from what i've heard. And actually, even that was fixed under the original factory warranty at no cost.

Quick cars, comfortable ride, decent (not great) handling.....GREATTTTTTT value for what you get in the car in this class.

I'd recommend getting it if you think it's a good deal.

Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
Tidorhp (03-15-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Try getting it for $16k then you have a good price. Got mine with 87k for $16k back in september and has no issues except for the trim peeling and will be flushing all fluids when i get the chance. Got 94k now and it still drives like a champ, def. worth it to get a japanese car.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matts08x
I haven't been in a Pontiac lately, but from the little I know about them, they use shoddy (cheap) interior pieces and are probably not the best quality vehicles overall. I have a 08 x sedan and really like it so far (had it for about a month now). Mine has 39K so no real issues to speak of other than some of the interior panels coating was peeling off around the door 'grab' areas--common problem from what i've heard. And actually, even that was fixed under the original factory warranty at no cost.

Quick cars, comfortable ride, decent (not great) handling.....GREATTTTTTT value for what you get in the car in this class.

Good luck.
what do you mean by decent handling what makes it not great, an 07x with 74k on it and it handled great got my heart pumping , then i test drove the one in the link about with 84k on it and the suspension felt tight but a **** ton of body roll for some reason... not sure if thats mileage related or not.. both were 1 owner cars... it had brand new good year assurance comforts on it could it just be the tires that dulled it out maybe?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by bigalnash
what do you mean by decent handling what makes it not great, an 07x with 74k on it and it handled great got my heart pumping , then i test drove the one in the link about with 84k on it and the suspension felt tight but a **** ton of body roll for some reason... not sure if thats mileage related or not.. both were 1 owner cars... it had brand new good year assurance comforts on it could it just be the tires that dulled it out maybe?
I've owned quite a few cars, and these cars (the G35's) handle ok, but not as well as at least one other car I've owned (an 04 Audi S4). Keep in mind, everyone's opinion on how a car performs (in any area) is based on what they've driven before. If someone drove 1986 VW Jettas around all their lives, and they hopped into one of our current cars, they would think it was the best handling car ever made....it's all relative to what you've experienced...

Old 03-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by matts08x

Good luck.

Totally agree, ivebhad mine for about a week, and i love it. I agree with everything you say and I already know a sway bar kit is in my near future.