G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

LED Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LED Turn Signals

Hey guys. So I searched around for LED blinkers (more specifically for the tail lights) and I've found a lot of useful DIY's and such, but noticed the process overall is more complicated than simply replacing the lights with LEDs. Does anyone know if there is a "kit" available that anyone has put together with the necessary additives? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 04-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Are you saying you want to replace the bulb that is currently the turn signal to LED? That should be fairly easy. Buy LED bulb and insert, then add a resistor. Just clamps onto 2 wires.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ whs, but if you want the current brake led circle to blink when you indicate then youd have to splice and connect some wires like in the diy

Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the responses! Wanted to update; I went out and I found a set of LED lights with a resistor actually built in. I'm going to see if they fit tomorrow and I'll post some pics if it ends up working.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl
Hey guys, thanks for the responses! Wanted to update; I went out and I found a set of LED lights with a resistor actually built in. I'm going to see if they fit tomorrow and I'll post some pics if it ends up working.
Do you have a link for these. Post and pics and vids when you are done.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Put them in today, I'll post pics and a vid or two on how they look. Unfortunately, looks like the resistor isn't as I was originally hoping. When I turn on the hazards, the blink at a normal speed; however, when I turn on just the turn signal, it blinks very quickly.

To be honest, it looks absolutely great. If you can get past the fast blinking, it's awesome. I'm keeping them, looks great (believe me, makes a world of a difference in look, nice and crisp lighting), took 15 minutes to install, and only cost me $25! I'll post vids and such tonight when it gets dark.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmehl
Put them in today, I'll post pics and a vid or two on how they look. Unfortunately, looks like the resistor isn't as I was originally hoping. When I turn on the hazards, the blink at a normal speed; however, when I turn on just the turn signal, it blinks very quickly.
I just put in some LED bulbs for the front turn signals and have that same issue. The fast blink kind of annoys me cause it reminds me of so many terrible civics I saw during high school. I do really like the light it puts out though so I might be able to chalk it up and use the signals at double speed.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Premier Member

You need to add the resistor to the wires. The resistors that are installed in the LED's are so they dont burn up with your cars voltage. Go to any auto store and pick up a pack of 2 one for each side and the easiest place to put them is on the tail lights. One wire goes to the turn wire the other to a ground wire. That should fix your issue. The resistor that they put in the LED itself it for the voltage going to the LED,will not affect your blinker relay at all. Had to do this when I added LED turns to the front of my truck. Hope that helps.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Solo G
I just put in some LED bulbs for the front turn signals and have that same issue. The fast blink kind of annoys me cause it reminds me of so many terrible civics I saw during high school. I do really like the light it puts out though so I might be able to chalk it up and use the signals at double speed.
That's definitely my next project, my front signal lights look so cheesy and cheap now! Just need to find the right amber LED; I'll be keeping my eye out and post pics of that as well. Did you use amber for your front ones?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Swagger_Jacker
You need to add the resistor to the wires. The resistors that are installed in the LED's are so they dont burn up with your cars voltage. Go to any auto store and pick up a pack of 2 one for each side and the easiest place to put them is on the tail lights. One wire goes to the turn wire the other to a ground wire. That should fix your issue. The resistor that they put in the LED itself it for the voltage going to the LED,will not affect your blinker relay at all. Had to do this when I added LED turns to the front of my truck. Hope that helps.
The only thing is I am hesitant to cut/splice any wires given I have a warranty...I know if anything ever needed replacing they would immediately dismiss it and use that as an excuse to not replace what I need.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Premier Member

You dont cut you wires all you do is tap off of them it clamps onto it no cutting needed.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by Swagger_Jacker
You dont cut you wires all you do is tap off of them it clamps onto it no cutting needed.
Hmm that's interesting, sounds a lot easier than a lot of threads make it out to be. Might have to make my way down to my local Autozone or O'Reilly's tomorrow and see what they have.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Premier Member

Disclaimer************

Unless infiniti did some crazy ish with there wiring it should be no different then my chevy. I personally have not done this yet to my car so i have not tried this, but there should be no difference that would make this not work. As with anything thing you do just double check everything and be careful.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by caaraa
Are you saying you want to replace the bulb that is currently the turn signal to LED?

Yep. Already did for rear turn signals, just need to find the correct amber LED for the front ones. I'll be swinging by the store later today.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Solo G
How did you get to the bulbs in the front turn signal? Is there a DIY thread on this? I popped open the hood and noticed it looks very difficult to reach, not sure I can even get to it without removing something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Turn Signals