G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2013/2014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013/2014

I don't know if anyone did this yet, but I think we should make some suggesttions as to what we would like to see in the new model G. Someone from Infiniti may follow this sight and I think it would be a good chance to let them know what we want.

1. A key fob that's not so powerful so I dont have to woory about coming out to see all my windows down or my trunk open.

2. More torque. There's good power to this car but I believe it could use a more get-up.

3. A bit more width. Not only for more interior room, but I think a wider car has more "presence", and just plain looks better

4. Some diferenet colors. Infiniti has seem to b stuck with the same (or almost the same) color choices for a while now.

I'll post some more, but ti's late and that's all i can think of now.

Thanks!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by CART
I don't know if anyone did this yet, but I think we should make some suggesttions as to what we would like to see in the new model G. Someone from Infiniti may follow this sight and I think it would be a good chance to let them know what we want.

1. A key fob that's not so powerful so I dont have to woory about coming out to see all my windows down or my trunk open.

2. More torque. There's good power to this car but I believe it could use a more get-up.

3. A bit more width. Not only for more interior room, but I think a wider car has more "presence", and just plain looks better

4. Some diferenet colors. Infiniti has seem to b stuck with the same (or almost the same) color choices for a while now.

Thanks!
im not sure if they follow this Sight... may look at this site from time to time though. more than likely though they are not going to make changes to the line that are catered to what is most likely 10% of the ownership base aka the "enthusiasts" that are modding the cars and whatnot.

That being said, a few comments on your wants

1. Ive never had my Key FOB accedentally roll my windows down, you must be wearing some really tight pants or something. i doubt Nissan would make something "less Powerful" though.

I would like to see the remote start feature added to the FOB though. i think its a shame a Chevy tahoe gets it and we dont

2. More Torque. this simply isnt going to happen unless they increase the displacement of the 3.7 or some sort of forced induction is introduced. that being said neither one of those is very likely as the 3.7 was just introduced in this body styles introduction, although there are rumors of a smaller 3.0 turbo motor.

i would like to see a "M3" or C63AMG equivalent but that will more than likely not happen. Longshot would be the 5.0 from the fx 50 or the 5.6 from the M56

3. more "width" unless the altima is drastically redesigned we will not see any major dimensional changes with the G35. thats what its based off of. the M37 is not much bigger than the G37, so it will most likely stay that size for a reason.

I would love for them to introduce fully folding rear seats though. the fact we have a tiny little passthru and the Altima has fold down rear seats really bugs me.

4. There will most likely be new colors, but it may be limited to special editions. they cover the spectrum of what Luxury car colors should be. IE nobody is going to want a Bright yellow G or something along those lines.

Infiniti has improved alot upon the G35 with the 2010-2012 Gs. My thought is that the G will start to look alot like the new M37. apart from the 7 speed auto which quite a few hate, i would like to just see them go for a standard 6 speed auto. i find the gears in the 7AT are just always searching for which gear to be in.

The following users liked this post:
broke_as_ajoke (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Austin713
i would like to see a "M3" or C63AMG equivalent but that will more than likely not happen. Longshot would be the 5.0 from the fx 50 or the 5.6 from the M56
Your wish of an M3/C63AMG equivalent (and then some) may be more likely than you know.
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...6_in_pipeline/
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...530-hp-v6.html

Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
from my experience the only way a manufacturer ever hears the voice of the enthusiast is through their wallets. my case study to this point is the Mustang. Since 1996 they have made tail lights that had the ability to sequence. It is probably the most popular mod out there for these cars. They sell like hot cakes. Then in 2010 ford designed it into the car.

if everyone that owns a G goes out and buys a turbo kit cause the car is underpowered, Infiniti will then up their power.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Id like a Navi with free unlimited update capabilities .
Id like a larger trunk
More Leg Room Space For rear Passengers

Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Seems like some of you are describing the M.

- It looks similar to a G (or the G looks like the M)
- it's wider (just look at that big console)
- has more rear leg room
- bigger trunk
- available with much more torque and HP (417t/420hp)
- different colours than a G

Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Your wish of an M3/C63AMG equivalent (and then some) may be more likely than you know.
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...6_in_pipeline/
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...530-hp-v6.html
YES. please tell me they are putting the Godzilla motor in the G37. a factory twin turbo with a warranty? sign me up.

Edit: just noticed this. nevermind

Q. What about pricing? Won't this IPL be expensive?

A. The 530-hp IPL-spec G will probably be priced at around the same price as the GT-R if not a fraction more. Given that the basic C63 AMG costs (in Japan) around 10 million yen, that is where the IPL will be priced, I feel.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...#ixzz1tvrMJM96

Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for complete change, boring, bad interior (boring), I agree with rpm&my_G35's most are describing the M which is much nicer but I don't want to see another G that looks like the M!! They made the M look like the G but a little better; but let's not go around in circles here!
Time for completely new design.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
All I want is paint that doesn't suckas$.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.