G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Huge Concern

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't had any aftermarket parts added on. I bought the vehicle is 2 miles from the dealer.
As of now, the yellow intelligent key on the dashboard is on and steering wheel is stiff as well as the brake pedal. If I push the on off button once, it will load the navi and radio. If I push it twice or try to turn the car on, the car
Turns off.
Getting very frustrating! Especially since its labor day weekend and everything is closed!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by rahulpatel
I haven't had any aftermarket parts added on. I bought the vehicle is 2 miles from the dealer.
As of now, the yellow intelligent key on the dashboard is on and steering wheel is stiff as well as the brake pedal. If I push the on off button once, it will load the navi and radio. If I push it twice or try to turn the car on, the car
Turns off.
Getting very frustrating! Especially since its labor day weekend and everything is closed!
When you say that the steering wheel and the brake pedal are stiff, do you mean that they are like they normally should be when they are without assist (ie. when motor isn't running), or is it different from that.??

Old 09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh, one more thing. When you opened the battery compartment lid, do you recall if that area was flooded or fouled with debris? The IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) is in there and is somewhat a slave to the BCM, so it could conceivably be involved too.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Battery compartment was clean.
By stiff, I mean that the steering wheel cannot be turned in any direction. And the brake pedal is rock hard like I can't push it down at all.
How much do these repairs typically cost?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Ok, then your steering and brake are functioning as they normally would when the motor isn't running. As far as cost, I really have no idea. As with anything electrical, and intermittent on top of that, it comes down to how much diag time is involved @ $XXX per hour, plus the parts cost if and when they isolate it. If it turns out to be a BCM module, I recommend you investigate alternate (used) sources, rather than relying on a full priced dealer part. The dealer will likely complain and try to talk you out of it, but if they're honest they should understand. It is my understanding that the BCM is a "coded" part, so you pretty much need a shop with the proper computer diag equipment (Consult II or the like) to program any replacement part to work in your car. The dealership will definitely have the equipment, but not all independents would. Also, if asked to install and re-code a used BCM module, a dealership may bluff and try to refuse, but they should ultimately agree as long as they are not providing warranty for the used part.

This is all premature though, as the failure may yet turn out to be something entirely different. I have no magical insight to the BCM functionality; as I said before, it just seems a likely suspect given your symptoms. Whatever it turns out to be, I wish you luck and a speedy fix, and I ask that you please do report back with the ultimate cure for this problem.

The following 2 users liked this post by vqsmile:
dsgb73 (09-04-2012), kool_yaar (09-03-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
this suxx sorry to hear
i would have a heart attack after something like this was happening to my car

Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Update! Car fixed!

Ok so I at the end of the day I ended up taking the car to the dealer to get raped. But I guess it was worth it (not really)
Conclusion to the issue was that the: Fuseible Link-24380-79115 was bad. It was juicing the battery out of the car and caused the issues. It's a 25.60 part but i got hit with 100% markup off that for the labor. Final cost of repair for Sewell Infiniti of Dallas was $259.59 with taxes.
At the end of the day I am glad the car works and wasn't that much of a dent to the wallet.
I also appreciate all you guys feedback in trying to diagnose the problem and help me.

Once again thanks!

Old 09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts
Glad this was solved

Thanks for the reply on what it was and how it got solved, would be very helpfull to another G owner that will come across this kind off problem

Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
What's a fuseible link? Is that like a fuse? If it is, I'm gonna tell Vqsmile to go eat it since I called it :P

Old 09-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
What's a fuseible link? Is that like a fuse? If it is, I'm gonna tell Vqsmile to go eat it since I called it :P
It's a fuse. It's a little different than the one Vqsmile was thinking about, but it's still a fuse.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
EDIT: nevermind, how I didn't get to the bottom of the thread is beyond me.

Last edited by G3Sx; 09-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Awesome news, even though the fuseable links aren't cheap, it's a bargain compared to those major electronic controls

Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
LOL . . . ok, ok Red, you win (not like it was a competition anyway ), but regardless, I'll still stand by the things I said: "blown fuses don't usually resurrect themselves and work again later, only to fail and resurrect yet again" AND "the failure may yet turn out to be something entirely different"; both of which are perfectly true, so I really don't know what I'm supposed to eat here. This is definitely a strange case. I'm glad the OP got it fixed.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
LOL . . . ok, ok Red, you win (not like it was a competition anyway ), but regardless, I'll still stand by the things I said: "blown fuses don't usually resurrect themselves and work again later, only to fail and resurrect yet again" AND "the failure may yet turn out to be something entirely different"; both of which are perfectly true, so I really don't know what I'm supposed to eat here. This is definitely a strange case. I'm glad the OP got it fixed.
It too was a competition .... there can be ONLY one.... :P

Btw.. it was a wild guess... soon as I heard the OP said it completely turned off, only thing i could think of was a fuse.. until he said it was turning back on.. lol.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Glad it wasn't too expensive or time consuming. I'm glad this thread is up to help anyone else diagnose the problem!

And the thread has lolz... Eat it! I don't know what I'm supposed to eat..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Huge Concern