G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car pulsing/vibrating in sync with tire rotation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Car pulsing/vibrating in sync with tire rotation

So while I was driving around last night, I noticed a pulsed vibration coming from what I think is the front wheels. It varies with the speed of the car, more frequent at higher speeds, less frequent at lower speeds, in sync with each rotation of the tire. I checked the tires, no odd things there, checked air pressure and still pulsing at correct psi. Maybe something to do with the brakes? Pulse is stronger when turning right than left.

I have no clue where to start looking or what I'm looking for. Cupped tire? Stuck caliper? Any thoughts?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Improper rebalanced and rotation?

Or could be as simple as a stuck nail or a hex bolt between treads throwing ur balance off.... inspect the tires visually first

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it changes when you are turning, it could be a wheel bearing. My wheel bearing made a pulsating low frequency airplane like noise that got worse at speed, on an older civic it made a high pitched pulsating noise. You can rotate you tires and see if the noise moves with them. Also, keep an eye out for excessive brake dust on a rim, my moms Highlander had a stuck caliper and it had a pulse/vibration similar to what you describe and it resulted in a lot of brake dust accumulating really fast on that rim.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many miles are on the tires and what bran are they? It could be an issue with the tire itself as the tread has worn down.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by jkat13
How many miles are on the tires and what bran are they? It could be an issue with the tire itself as the tread has worn down.
+1

I've noticed that some tires will cause some pulsing sounds when they start to get worn, which is annoying.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I know my front tires are starting to get pretty worn, 37k on dunlop all seasons. Replaced the rears a few months ago. Only thing is it happened all of a sudden. No wheel weights missing, nothing stuck in the tires. Also, not sure if it is the fronts anymore cause I don't feel it in the steering wheel, more the floorboard and seat it seems. Anyways, looks like I need to invest in a floor jack to get the wheels off and do a thorough inspection.

Good news I guess is that if it is the tires, I was already thinking about getting 4 new pilot super sports soon. If its a stuck piston/caliper, I have the brake judder for the 3rd time and should just get new pads and rotors that don't suck like the oem ones do.

VMR, any chance you guys can get a 19x9.5 +45 rear for the V710? Like the look, but want staggered and a 19x9.5 +22 just ain't gonna fit on the sedan.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by surfjax87
Thanks for the replies. I know my front tires are starting to get pretty worn, 37k on dunlop all seasons. Replaced the rears a few months ago. Only thing is it happened all of a sudden. No wheel weights missing, nothing stuck in the tires. Also, not sure if it is the fronts anymore cause I don't feel it in the steering wheel, more the floorboard and seat it seems. Anyways, looks like I need to invest in a floor jack to get the wheels off and do a thorough inspection.

Good news I guess is that if it is the tires, I was already thinking about getting 4 new pilot super sports soon. If its a stuck piston/caliper, I have the brake judder for the 3rd time and should just get new pads and rotors that don't suck like the oem ones do.

VMR, any chance you guys can get a 19x9.5 +45 rear for the V710? Like the look, but want staggered and a 19x9.5 +22 just ain't gonna fit on the sedan.
Some tires just get noisy after they've been worn down a bit. 37,000 miles is a pretty good amount for those all-seasons. If you're thinking of switching it up to some Michelin PSS, you will not be disappointed. Pretty much every aspect of that tire is amazing.

As for additional sizing, we will definitely be bringing in more sizing options in the future. Unfortunately for the next few production schedules though we do not have anything higher offset than 9.5 +22.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 PM
37k is really a lot for a Dunlop all-season. It definitely seems that its a pulsing sound from the tire being worn. Good news is that you can easily trouble shoot this by trying new tires.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Easily can check that, yes. However that could be an expensive venture! Haha.

If the tires still have a good amount of tread on them then he probably won't want to replace them.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:00 PM
I guess I was assuming at 37k that the tires were ready to go.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Would switch out tires

Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by jkat13
I guess I was assuming at 37k that the tires were ready to go.
Just because they're noisy does not mean that they're completely done. It's just how tires get over time, from my experience.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
So it was a nice sized hex bolt in the inside sidewall of the drivers front. Ordered new set of tires to replace the crappy overpriced dunlops. I only needed 2 new tires cause I had to replace 2 of them back in January, but it was only $100 more for a set of 4 potenza all seasons, much better reviews. Was going to get pilot super sports but I might be moving to the DC area and figured summer tires would be a waste.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am glad you found it! Another reason which I noticed once or twice is simply air pressure is to low in one of your tires and the TPMS hasn't registered it yet. Hahah cheapest fix I have ever done (Thank you WAWA free air)

Old 09-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by surfjax87
So it was a nice sized hex bolt in the inside sidewall of the drivers front. Ordered new set of tires to replace the crappy overpriced dunlops. I only needed 2 new tires cause I had to replace 2 of them back in January, but it was only $100 more for a set of 4 potenza all seasons, much better reviews. Was going to get pilot super sports but I might be moving to the DC area and figured summer tires would be a waste.
Well that takes care of one problem I guess haha. Michelin Pilot Super Sports are excellent tires so if you ever have the opportunity to run them in the future I don't think you'll be disappointed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car pulsing/vibrating in sync with tire rotation