G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

07 g35x for under 4k....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 g35x for under 4k....

Hey guys I'm a first gen owner but my friend recently bought a 2012 audi a4 and he's willing to sell me his 2007 g35x for realllllyyy cheappp.It was his personal car before upgrading...

Here is a brief info on the vehicle..... Its a white 07 x 80k miles non navi, no back up.. It's also a RECONSTRUCTED (flood) title. It will need a front bumper, fender and a windsheild(minor fender bender no major accident). no other body damage and interior is in mint cond(no rips just a little fading on the door trim)..

Test drove the car today and the only thing that SCARES me is his first gear act like its slipping. I put the car in D and it just sits there and I have to give it a little more gas than normal to get it going but when it goes to 2nd every gear works as normal... Anyone has the same problem??
At the end of the day how much do you think it will cost me to fix it. I haven't priced out a new trans so anyone familiar with prices? Should i get it just for the price.. I really love my emerald green 1st gen though! Thanks!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
That sounds like a real headache that is more than worth the trouble. The only price appropriate for this car is $FREE.99 Save up your money and actually buy something that wont leave you stranded down the road.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Some people have the inclination to buy salvaged cars and make them great drivers for cheap. If you have the means to do this it seems like a good deal, but only if the numbers work. One thing to keep in mind, even if you fix the car it will be extremely hard to sell.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
get it for dirt cheap..because you most likely won't be able to sell it

i would never pay more than $1000 for a flood car...no way in hell

Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
dont do it

There are so many electronics in modern cars that water damage is pretty much a killer to most cars. Unless you want to spend thousands of dollars chasing weird electrical issues, then dont do it.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 AM
electrical issues may not happen right away..but down the road...F that.

Look at the carpets. Pull a door panel off..see if there is a water line ect or signs of damage. Either way..i wouldn't touch it unless you are ok with not being able to sell it

Old 09-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks for everyone opinions.
He had the car for almost 2 years and everything is running fine. I tried to look for a flood line but didnt see any, maybe next time i see it i'm going to take the door panel off and look at the carpets alot harder. Also the final selling price agreed is 3 grand witch i think is a steal. From what I think I'm looking at is another 2,500 for body and a used trans which 5,500 is not a bad investment..
Also with reselling the car its going to be very easy for me. My uncle owns a junk yard/ salvage yard were he also sells reconstructed vehicle. Three yard down is another salvage yard and he sold this g35x 120k miles for 7,500 with front and back damage.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/3234567179.html

Here's my 1st gen Its also a salvage, lightly hit in the front. If I get the 07 I'll prob sell this and atleast break even.

Last edited by Azntran517; 09-21-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
A transaction like this could really put your friendship to the test. Is it worth that? I wouldn't do it.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I will buy it and part it out for profit. :P

Keep in mind that flooded cars come with electrical problems. In your case, even when you swap in a new transmission, the transmission problem may still remains. As other people stated earlier, modern cars come with a lot of electrical parts that will go malfunction if one of them is damaged.

Personally, I will stay away from Flooded, Undercarriage damaged, and Rollover cars.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Flood cars suck ***... run the other way. Did u check the tranny fluid color for water? Engine oil? Once water get into those areas... umm ur done.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Well, there are floods and there are floods. Unless you were there to personally witness the exact amount of flood damage the car incurred so as to fully assess the future potential for problems, as many have already mentioned, I would run. If it was salt water, or submerged above the breathers for the tranny and diff, or for any significant amount of time, I wouldn't even finish reading the ad. Life's too short to deal with the potential headaches a flood car can present.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Well, there are floods and there are floods. Unless you were there to personally witness the exact amount of flood damage the car incurred so as to fully assess the future potential for problems, as many have already mentioned, I would run. If it was salt water, or submerged above the breathers for the tranny and diff, or for any significant amount of time, I wouldn't even finish reading the ad. Life's too short to deal with the potential headaches a flood car can present.

if it was salt water...RUN

Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I really appreciate everyones comment!
Just out of curiosity how can i tell the diff between reg and salt water flood? I haven't had time to go check it out again, been a little caught up. Next time I go check it out i'll bring my mechanic with me and take some pics. I mean at the end of the day I have the benefit of take it to the dealer because used to work a infiniti dealership and got cool with some of the techs and also good friends with the service manager witch always gives me employee on parts discount even tho i don't work there anymore.

Honestly I think I'll end up buying it and my worst scenario I'll just sell it at my uncles salvage lot and make some money and maybe using it for a down payment on a newer vehicle( still a college student).

Old 09-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Ummmm salt water or reg water it either way sux... if u have to buy it, check the fluid colors... tranny, engine, differentials, etc.

Good luck....

Btw.. didn't u say u felt the tranny slip?

Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Just curious how can I tell the difference of reg water and salt water? I haven't had time to go back yet due to being a college student but I'll take pics and try and bring out my mechanic the next time i go. I also have the benefit of taking it to the dealership since i use to work at infiniti as a detailer and got cool with the tech and the service manage who always give me employee discount on parts.

Honestly I'll prob end up buying it and worst case scenario I'll sell it at my uncle salvage lot and make some money and hopefully use it towards a down payment on a clean title one (hopefully the service manage gives me a really good deal on a pre-owned one)!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 g35x for under 4k....