G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 G35 Journey Rear End Squeaking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So my issue remains, and after evaluating just about everything, I have come to the conclusion that it is the exhaust for sure.

Sometimes it will now make the squeaking noise when it is idling in my driveway, usually after some spirited driving.

When I give the throttle a little tap, it will squeak louder, subside, and then after a few taps it will eventually go away altogether.

Some friends mentioned that this could possibly be caused by the heat shield above the muffler, any thoughts on that?

Anyone ever remove their heat shields because of this issue?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Alrighty so this issue is now resolved.

I finally just took it to Marco Muffler, and after telling the technician the issue he thinks it is definitely exhaust related as it seems to happen when its heated up (freeway and spirited driving).

He put it up on the lift and isolated 3 potential culprits.

(1) Whomever welded the mufflers the first time decided that they would weld a pipe onto the pipe coming out of the muffler, and then weld the tip onto that. We could see this because one of the glamour rings on the right tip fell off, and it looked dumb.

So he cut the pipe back to the muffler and welded on a new one, and then welded the new tips directly to that pipe. It looks waayyyyyyy better, all flush and the tips look more modern G37-ish instead of oval shaped and they are super polished.

(2) He then cut off the stocks hangers and welded on some doubley thick ones as the thinks this was probably the main issue. The stock hangers were thin and as they heated up, the vertical bar would rub against the metal housing around the rubber bushing.

(3) He also put a small spacer on the bracket in between the bridge on the back of the exhaust (not sure what that thing does anyways) as he thought maybe the exhaust was heating, expanding, and then rubbing.

$150 bucks and 30 minutes later, squeaks are gone. Freeway, hard driving, doesn't matter, its gone.

The tips were $50 each so he only did about $50 bucks worth of labor but its so worth it.

It looks better, and more importantly it sounds like I am driving a G35 and not a tin-can!

Thanks for all the input on this everyone I appreciate it!

_Michael

Old 01-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my front right is squeaking especially when the car first starts. Had the local mechanic inspect the suspension components and gave him lube to grease up the components. He told me it was my shocks. Not to sure if I should get a second opinion, but it does make sense. If the squeak only occurs when the car is first driven. After a while, the noise is gone.

What do you think this could be?

Car has been lowered with Eibach springs, with full front end Camber adjustment kit.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys i have the same problem and i also have a video of the sound but it doesnt let me post it here. The sound gets really annoying and its mostly when i drive rough the car starts squeaking from the rear end. I have a res delete and magnaflow mufflers what can the sound be. When i got under the car and shook the exhaust you cant hear anything and the sounds annoying. Let me know asap.
Thanks