G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Post drop alignment???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post drop alignment???

Drop/lowering parts are on there way to me now, should be getting everything installed in the next week or so...

..When it's done I know I will need to get an alignment but my question is, will I need to buy any type of special parts in order to get it aligned correctly?...ie. cam bolts?

I am lowering with Tein S.Tech springs which will give it about 2" of drop

Thanks in advance for any help and replies

Old 09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Definitely you'll need a camber kit for the front. As for the rear it may not be that bad.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Definitely you'll need a camber kit for the front. As for the rear it may not be that bad.
what is included in this kit?....where do I buy it?

Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
This thread should help:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...t-72130-a.html

You can get them either from SPC or Eibach. They're the same part just rebranded.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:59 PM
damn!...I was hoping to avoid spending more money especially another $300+ on getting this done

how much trouble am I in if I dont get these right away?....how much negative camber will I be running at if i just max out my current/factory components?

sorry for all the questions

Old 09-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
U could use the spc shims if u arent out to far, they give u 2 degrees of positive camber and are around 40 bucks.. U could get camber bolts also for the rear..

Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
This is reversed.......Rear for sure..more then 2inches drop then front is recommended ..1.8-2 inches front kit is not needed

Old 09-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
You can always do the spring install and have the alignment shop max out your camber and toe settings and see what you need. You can run excess negative camber as long as your toe is in spec. Camber isn't adjustable in the front but the rear can be adjusted a bit along w/ the toe. At a 2" S Tech drop you'll probably be about -2.0 to -2.5 and as long as you rotate the tires a bit more frequently (which may mean remounting the tires if they're side biased or directional) you should get decent tread life, BUT YOU MUST HAVE TOE IN SPEC, this will shred your tires if it's out by much. A rear toe kit may suffice when all's said & done and they're about $50 and if you have a dremel tool you can DIY.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
You can always do the spring install and have the alignment shop max out your camber and toe settings and see what you need. You can run excess negative camber as long as your toe is in spec. Camber isn't adjustable in the front but the rear can be adjusted a bit along w/ the toe. At a 2" S Tech drop you'll probably be about -2.0 to -2.5 and as long as you rotate the tires a bit more frequently (which may mean remounting the tires if they're side biased or directional) you should get decent tread life, BUT YOU MUST HAVE TOE IN SPEC, this will shred your tires if it's out by much. A rear toe kit may suffice when all's said & done and they're about $50 and if you have a dremel tool you can DIY.
thank you, this was a big help. As was the posts from you other guys.

I am gonna go forward with getting this done this weekend, then get into an alignment shop as soon as I can and see where i am at with it

I knew i needed proper toe, just wasnt sure what I could get away with camber wise

Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I've rarely seen a thread with such **** poor advice! Our G35s have very little alignment adjust ability, if you lower it at all you'll need a camber kit! I get really tired of members saying you can lower your G35 and get away with not buying a camber kit. Maximum tire life without a camber kit and the S-Techs spring will be 6 to 10K miles. If you want to buy tires frequently ignore my advice, but quality tires are no less than $200 each....your choice!
Gary

The following users liked this post:
LoSt180 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 PM
If you DIY the rear toe bolts, be prepared for a gnarly ride to the alignment shop.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I've rarely seen a thread with such **** poor advice! Our G35s have very little alignment adjust ability, if you lower it at all you'll need a camber kit! I get really tired of members saying you can lower your G35 and get away with not buying a camber kit. Maximum tire life without a camber kit and the S-Techs spring will be 6 to 10K miles. If you want to buy tires frequently ignore my advice, but quality tires are no less than $200 each....your choice!
Gary
My thoughts exactly...the g alignment specs are pretty tight. Any lowering will most likely put you outside of the spectrum

Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Sorry if I may have confused the OP into thinking everything would be fine without any camber/toe help. The S Techs are a deeper drop and for ideal treadwear it's almost a certainty that a full F&R camber + rear toe kit should be purchased. It is possible to get the toe in spec with just the toe kit at the sacrifice of camber. I was basically saying be prepared to be remounting your tires on a regular basis if you want to maximize treadwear because it will be accelerated for sure, and having toe in spec is critical.
Sorry OP if I got you more confident than I should have

Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 AM
I WILL be getting an alignment with all the proper parts to get it in spec....eventually(within a week or two).

My biggest concern was immediately after lowering it being able to drive it home and around town for a few days until I can get the parts in and get it in an alignment shop.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah what gary said. I say definitely rear and recommend front also. I dropped mine pretty low with some coils and I didn't get the camber kit installed or an alignment. I bought a rear spc awhile back too just never got around to installing them. When I took off my wheels a couple weeks ago, the front definitely had some inner wear but the tire wear in the rear was ridiculous, bald. Now I have to buy tires. getting an alignment and camber kit installed right after. Not making that mistake again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post drop alignment???