G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto rear windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Auto rear windows

First, I'd like to say that I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the 08 G35S MT6 sedan. The car is bare bones (no moonroof, nav, Bluetooth, heated seats, etc) aside from being a sport model. I actually love this about it as I'm not a fan of tech in cars. The lack of auto windows, however, urks me a bit. I've looked all over the place for an answer, but can't find any info on it, aside from resetting the windows. Fronts are auto. I can get the switches, but wanted to ask first...

So the question for everyone knowledgeable with the system. Would the replacement of the drivers switch and both rear switches allow this? I'm not sure if these use a different window motor or wiring harness.

Thanks in advance!

Neno

Old 12-18-2015, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,027 Likes on 944 Posts
These guys sell fancy stuff for G35s. Check them out: http://www.kptechnologies.com/produc...el=G35%20Coupe

Although I like your idea, maybe you would have to make the auto up or auto down feature the only operation from the window switches.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I'm not convinced switching the switches out only would give you the automatic window function. I want to say that there may be other differences in hardware/programming elsewhere that would be different.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:45 AM
That's what I'm concerned about with the swap. I know on certain newer vehicles (GM, for example), the driver's door switches are the control module that require programming when a new unit is installed through the BCM. With what is necessary to calibrate resistance on the G's windows, I was hoping that the switch itself is the primary source of programming such a feature. However, it may be something to do with the BCM, which I'm sure these cars have as well. Although, I couldn't imagine that Nissan installs a different BCM just to skip a feature.

I'll need to find wiring diagrams for this and see what there is to it. Older cars, Fords and such, with auto driver windows had an inline resistor module, which fed power when the switch was tapped until resistance was met. Holding the button would bypass the resistor if it detected a prolonged open circuit (because the switch is held down) and automatically bypassed the auto down feature. Then again, these cars didn't have BCM that controlled windows, lighting, etc.

Now, the question isn't the switch anymore for me. It's more so a question of any Infiniti techs on here that may shed some light on the BCMs?

Old 12-18-2015, 01:09 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Neno A

I'll need to find wiring diagrams for this and see what there is to it.

Knock yourself out: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2008/

Hint: the index is the "fwd" section at the end.

Old 12-19-2015, 04:03 AM
Thanks for that link! According to it, I'll have to trace my wiring and determine if all that I need is there. Connectors d51 and d52 are the identical 6 pin plug, buy the motor on the anti-pinch (& auto feature) call out 4 addition pins to power a motor encoder (measures position based on voltage drops like an engine crank or cam sensor).

Now the question is, does the motor already have an encoder that's bypassed? Unlike the 06 or older, the rear motors don't have pigtails and are a cable operated regulator (no crank arm). At worst, the switches (built in CPU to read encoder in each "auto labeled" switch), wiring harness, and rear motors w/regulators must be swapped.

A better situation, the wiring harness is shared, but the motors lack an encoder and door lack auto switches for the rest doors and driver's.

The best? Identical wiring harness and motors, but the switches lack the auto style switch w/ a built-in CPU.

At this point, I don't see the BCM being a problem with this at all. Connector M123 supplies pin 132 with serial link (long press unlock to roll all of the windows down ) and connector M118 pin #2 is a power supply on both systems (PDF PWC pg#66 w/ auto169 w/o auto).

Once I have some spare time to pull off the door panel, I may do this. In fact, at $40 for all 3 switches, I'll probably pick them up and swap to test. For accuracy's sake, I'll verify the motor type.