G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Vague steering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vague steering

I have a 2008 g35X AWD with 75K miles. It seems as the car ages, the steering gets more and more vague. There is practically no feeling on-center and the car doesn't steer straight. It also veers dramatically off to the side while braking and sometimes sways from one side of the road to the other in just normal driving, requiring constant corrections to the steering.

I am also worried something is wrong with the AWD system. Lately when I let off the brake from a complete stop, the car doesn't roll forward like it used to, and then getting on the gas there is a violent jerk from the transmission as the car starts moving again.

I've taken it to mechanics and had alignments and tire rotations done, none of these operations got to the root of the problem. Mechanics can't seem to find anything wrong. Any ideas?

Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Cardriver
I have a 2008 g35X AWD with 75K miles. It seems as the car ages, the steering gets more and more vague. There is practically no feeling on-center and the car doesn't steer straight. It also veers dramatically off to the side while braking and sometimes sways from one side of the road to the other in just normal driving, requiring constant corrections to the steering.

I am also worried something is wrong with the AWD system. Lately when I let off the brake from a complete stop, the car doesn't roll forward like it used to, and then getting on the gas there is a violent jerk from the transmission as the car starts moving again.

I've taken it to mechanics and had alignments and tire rotations done, none of these operations got to the root of the problem. Mechanics can't seem to find anything wrong. Any ideas?
Have you ever felt your tires after driving a short distance?
Are any of them hotter than others?
The vehicle not rolling forward like it used to is indicative of a possible sticking caliper.

Originally Posted by Cardriver
That is because although they call themselves mechanics they are usually unqualified Aholes.

You get what you pay for in today's world.
Go get a complete report and diagnosis from your local Infiniti dealer.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

Old 06-10-2017, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Suspension inspection, you likely have blown bushings.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.