G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Serious sun glare on center display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Journey Sport Package Nav
Serious sun glare on center display

I have searched this forum as well as internet in general. There does not seem to be an effective solution for this issue. I am thinking a thin piece of black plastic the width of the screen with a 1.5 to 2 inch over hanging the screen possibly affixed to the dash with thin piece of velcro or double side tape for ease of removal. Would be nice to find this center piece with 2 sides attached. Found one on the net but was for other car models not for the 08 G35 . Plus the reviews were terrible. Anyone else have trouble seeing the screen bc of sun glare? Cannot imagine the films being sold as anti glare being effective - plus the most legitimate sounding company selling these omits 08 G35

Old 08-04-2017, 02:03 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Which display exactly are you having problems with, the stereo display? AC controller one? Nav? Can you take a picture of the display WITH glare reflecting on it, this would help in deciding how you should fix the issue.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Gee i should have been more specific. The main display that contains the navigation screen along with the other info. There are about 3 hours a day on the interstates i travel where the sun coming from the windshield cause the glare. I will get a pic as soon as i can. Thank you for your help Larry

Old 08-04-2017, 02:23 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You can probably get a ceramic low glare tint applied to it, they make some good ones with 97% light transmission that are designed for the front windshield.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Are you talking about the sun hitting the dash and seeing the reflection in the windshield? My dash was cracking and sticky like adhesive. Just swapped with a new vinyl wrapped dash that helped with the glare a fair amount

Old 08-04-2017, 04:18 PM
no i was talking about the sun hitting the screen of my navigation/main screen through the windshield causing me not to be able to see the screen well AT ALL for 3 or so hours every single sunny day. Good ole Cleric thinking outside the box may have come up with the best idea - the windshield speciality screen tint. !! I am going to ask a friend who actually does window tinting for a living. I am going to remember the vinyl wrap thing in the future also because glare from dash into windshield has been a problem in my other auto. Thank you both very much. Larry

Old 08-04-2017, 04:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Amazon Amazon
I've not been much bothered by this except on a few occasions. The above product seems to have good reviews for other cars - changed the link to what I think is a better product per other car reviews. I am going to try it out myself, as it's only $16 shipped. Will apply and and crank up the display brightness to the max = (hopefully) profit. Windshield tinting is definitely going to help, but will be additional $$.

I

Last edited by dohturdima; 08-04-2017 at 04:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.