G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Battery stops charging when car is warm??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 12:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Garnet Ember G35X Sport EBC rotors LEDs GTR button Tail-as-Turn TBW undertray Alarm shock sensor
Originally Posted by Serge Mullen
Did you ever find a solution to this? Im having a similar but different issue. I also find that on startup the voltage goes up to 14, but then quickly drops to ~12.9V where it stays. Car runs fine like this, no lights on the dash etc. However when it rains, or more recently its been quite cold hovering around the freezing mark, the voltage doesn't drop, it stays at 14 or 13.8-13.9 for the entire day. Im really not sure which way round is supposed to be normal.

P.S. I use something like this to monitor. Also has a low voltage alarm when it drop to 11.8 or so

https://m.gearbest.com/car-charger/pp_598833.html
This is normal operation of the IPDM module. It allows the battery to fully charge then cuts back the voltage to prevent overcharging. I use a Scangauge II to monitor the system voltage and it shows the same behavior as you described. If you are running the AC or defrosters the IPDM will allow full alternator output voltage for a longer period of time. All this is done to prolong the life of your battery. I have read that some Infiniti
shows disabled this feature as some customers complained that their batteries weren't be charged (the affected customers made many short drives and the IPDM didn't allow their batteries to fully charge because the drives were too short).

The following users liked this post:
99zx2turd (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 06:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Shogun
This is normal operation of the IPDM module. It allows the battery to fully charge then cuts back the voltage to prevent overcharging. I use a Scangauge II to monitor the system voltage and it shows the same behavior as you described. If you are running the AC or defrosters the IPDM will allow full alternator output voltage for a longer period of time. All this is done to prolong the life of your battery. I have read that some Infiniti
shows disabled this feature as some customers complained that their batteries weren't be charged (the affected customers made many short drives and the IPDM didn't allow their batteries to fully charge because the drives were too short).
interesting. i just wired in a new radar that shows voltage and was surprised that, while driving, it never really goes above 13.5v or so (2007 sedan). i thought maybe the radar's reading was off, so took a multimeter and sho nuff, it's showing 13.1xV while idling. i thought my alt took a dump, but no lights ever displayed on the dash. this is definitely reassuring to read. thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.