G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Driver's side door shutting uneven

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's side door shutting uneven

The driver's side door on my 2008 G35 sedan is shutting unevenly. The door seems to be sagging slightly lower than the rest, and I feel it hitting the U shaped metal bracket before closing shut. It's not severe, the door doesn't wobble or appear to be uneven from all the rest, but its just catching slightly enough for it to be a concern. I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing this. All the hinges look normal, and I don't see any signs of trauma to the components inside the door jam. I'm worrying about this pretty bad, I'm hoping it's nothing serious or expensive like frame damage or anything of that sort. Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Old 10-28-2017, 07:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's probably all in the hinges, frame damage would be obvious just from looking under the vehicle. Do you live in Hazzard County?

You could also pay a diagnostic fee to a reputable body shop to poke around a little, they're experts at this kind of thing.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
It's probably all in the hinges, frame damage would be obvious just from looking under the vehicle. Do you live in Hazzard County?

You could also pay a diagnostic fee to a reputable body shop to poke around a little, they're experts at this kind of thing.
I plan on taking it to a body shop as soon as I can. Unfortunately most of them are closed on weekends, so I've just been worrying about what it could be and trying to diagnose the problem myself. I'm sure as hell hoping it's just a worn bushing or a loose bolt. Sometimes I slam the door too hard when I get in or exit the vehicle, and I think I did it one too many times. Yeah, I'm a moron. In the off chance it is frame damage, how exactly would I be able to spot that?

Old 10-28-2017, 07:48 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It will look like a wrinkled or crumpled spot under the vehicle, sometimes torn metal. There are a lot of stamped pieces of metal that make up the unibody of the car (welded together and painted), lots of factory bends stamped into them, it's incredibly rigid and takes a really good hit to damage the frame, it doesn't happen without you knowing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.