G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

More Intellegent Issue & Antenna Location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
More Intellegent Issue & Antenna Location

I just got my car from the body shop. Someone lightly hit my parked car and damaged the bumper. The bumper was replaced and repainted. When I picked my car yesterday, the car wouldn't see the intelligent key. I stuck it in the slot and it started without issue. I got home and replaced the battery but the key was still not working. I tried my spare key which also didn't work. Door locks and trunk don't work either, but the slot functionality is fine. I did some searching and it appears that the antenna is in the trunk. I suspect that maybe it was either disconnected or damaged with the repairs. Despite the searching I can't seem to find any drawings or pictures on where the antenna actually is. Do either of you have any information that will help me? Are there any other possibilities I should consider?

Thanks,
--Matt

Old 11-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by djwishuwur
I just got my car from the body shop. Someone lightly hit my parked car and damaged the bumper. The bumper was replaced and repainted. When I picked my car yesterday, the car wouldn't see the intelligent key. I stuck it in the slot and it started without issue. I got home and replaced the battery but the key was still not working. I tried my spare key which also didn't work. Door locks and trunk don't work either, but the slot functionality is fine. I did some searching and it appears that the antenna is in the trunk. I suspect that maybe it was either disconnected or damaged with the repairs. Despite the searching I can't seem to find any drawings or pictures on where the antenna actually is. Do either of you have any information that will help me? Are there any other possibilities I should consider?

Thanks,
--Matt
There are multiple antennas one of which is in the rear bumper and communicates with the BCM
Was the antenna left with the old bumper?

See page DLK-101

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sed..._Sedan/dlk.pdf

"Repair or replace harness between BCM and outside key antenna "

Telcoman

Old 11-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the information! It was very helpful. The problem has since been resolved and I'm still not sure what the issue was. I dropped the car back off at the body shop, the removed the bumper, made sure everything was connected and in place, put it back on, but the problem persisted. They replaced the fob batteries and the problem went away. I promise you I had already replaced the batteries in both fobs with fresh batteries out of the package. Somehow the problem went away. I like to think that there was some secondary issue that the body shop resolved unknowingly, but who knows.