G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Aftermarket Blower Motor brands?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket Blower Motor brands?

Hey guys, I need to replace my blower motor as the bearing is loose and its making crazy noise. Do you guys have recommendations for aftermarket brands? OEM is about $160, while aftermarket is around $60.

I was thinking about getting this TYC one:
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-24-2019, 02:02 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,458 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
That's one of those few components that I will use almost literally ANY brand. It's really hard to screw up the manufacturing on a single-wound DC motor. However I do like to plug it in before installation and verify it's actually spinning. If it feels like it's really imbalanced while running then take your existing squirrel cage fan off the old one and put it on the new one. That plastic squirrel cage is the only part that can get "screwed up" during manufacturing and they're sometimes a little off-balance while running.

Just take off the nut and pull them off by hand or with a flatblade screwdriver under it to leverage it off if you do need to swap them.

The following users liked this post:
Kb24great (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
That's one of those few components that I will use almost literally ANY brand. It's really hard to screw up the manufacturing on a single-wound DC motor. However I do like to plug it in before installation and verify it's actually spinning. If it feels like it's really imbalanced while running then take your existing squirrel cage fan off the old one and put it on the new one. That plastic squirrel cage is the only part that can get "screwed up" during manufacturing and they're sometimes a little off-balance while running.

Just take off the nut and pull them off by hand or with a flatblade screwdriver under it to leverage it off if you do need to swap them.
Got it! Thanks Cleric you're really helpful.