G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car registration says G35S, but I don't seem to have the features...(in South Korea)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 03:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Sedan
Car registration says G35S, but I don't seem to have the features...(in South Korea)

Hi, I just bought a 2008 G35, and the registration says G35S on it. I am in South Korea btw.

-It doesn't have the "S" emblem on the trunk
-no paddle shifters
-has heated seats, 4 way sensors and backup camera.
-17 inch wheels

Confused a bit whether it's stock, sport, or journey.....maybe just stock lol

Old 04-16-2019, 11:51 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Jack up the rear end and turn one wheel, the other wheel should turn the SAME direction and if you have a second person hold that opposite tire there should be a lot of resistance if you try to turn them opposite directions. If so then you have the sport equipped factory VLSD differential. If they turn freely, and if one turns the opposite direction when you spin one side then you have the open differential.

That would be the easiest way to tell, anyone can change out wheels/tires and swap badges. It takes quite a bit more work to swap out the differential.

The seats were also different and had an adjustable thigh support at the front of the seat.

Unique stitching on the steering wheel.

Magnesium paddle shifters.

Larger brakes, sport package has 330mm front rotors while the regular package only has 320mm rotors.

If it's NOT a factory sport package then you can just bolt all those parts directly on to your vehicle.

It sounds like you have a journey with the premium package which added heated seats, 8 way power seats, dual zone climate control, and a bunch of other options.

Other available packages were the navigation package, technology package which added intelligent cruise control (if you have the tech package then you definitely have both the premium and nav packages as well). Tire package added 18" wheels.

Individual options included spoiler, sunroof, rosewood trim, etc.