G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Inconsistent? coupe and earlier sedans threads get moved like water vs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
First of all, your statement of "nothing" gets moved is completely false. Second, I've have already explained why some posts remain. If you have a problem with it, feel free to PM me. Oh, and half the Mods don't have 07 Sedans, only two of us do. Get your facts straight.
Ahh c'mon Shane, you guys spend all your time trying to be unfair and doing little things to disturb some people on here.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Ahh c'mon Shane, you guys spend all your time trying to be unfair and doing little things to disturb some people on here.
Hahaha, you're right Deane.....you got me.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
First of all, your statement of "nothing" gets moved is completely false. Second, I've have already explained why some posts remain. If you have a problem with it, feel free to PM me. Oh, and half the Mods don't have 07 Sedans, only two of us do. Get your facts straight.
it was an exaggeration, 3 of you have 07's, yourself, speed, and trey ( i know it's his wife's, but its all the same)
-GP-

Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please allow my to offer my .02 and then some...

First, Jeff - you have a very valid point. going over the list of threads you posted at the top, I must say that some of them *should* be moved to their respective section. However, like Canuck has explained, the 07 sedan is still very new and VERY different. It was different and new enough for it to receive a new separate section. Yes, there are certain threads that should/could be moved, and I can assure you that with time, as the model receive a larger market-share and more exposure, threads will be moved at a higher rate. When topics become repetitive and redundant and when the avg. G owner can pull the answer to another member's question out of his sleeve, that will be the point when threads will start getting moved more often.

The bottom line is that this model is still new and has many things and features in it that were either changed or did not exist in previous models altogether. It is the appropriate thing (at this point in time) to leave them in the 07 section as it is the most likely forum where these questions can be answered. A good example that Canuck had brought up was the CF card one. Certainly I would not expect an 03' coupe owner to assist an 07 sedan owner with his question on how to rip music from a CD onto the music box.

Also, if anyone thinks it's because we own sedans (the whole 2 of us... ), wait until the 08' coupe comes out to the market. It will be the same story - at least with threads that are coupe specific. By that time (later on this year), certain features that are shared between the two cars (07' sedan & 08' coupe), such as technology, interior question, etc. WILL get moved at a higher pace. It's all a matter of time. The 07' is still new and most of the questions that are posted in that forum cannot be answered by any other G owners except for 07' sedan ones.

I hope I answered your question in a satisfactory manner. If you feel you need to discuss this further, please PM either Canuck or me, as we are probably the ones to be blamed for the moderation of this section (if there is any blame to be put at all).

Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
it was an exaggeration, 3 of you have 07's, yourself, speed, and trey ( i know it's his wife's, but its all the same)
-GP-
And you expect to be taken seriously with these kind of exaggerations?

And it's not 3 - It's 2. Trey's wife hasn't received her sedan yet, and she is not a mod herself. On top of that, knowing Cheryl, I think she can handle her own posts without Trey's help...

Last edited by SPEEED; 04-05-2007 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... I think the reason that Speeed and I are a little apprehensive moving some topics is because the 07 is completely new in so many ways from the previous generation....
i posted about this very problem a bunch of days ago on a thread... but it got deleted. you guys really need to have a look at the forums in general and come up with some sort of plan to update it in the near future.

there are just too many different models on this website for the forums to keep track of any more. the technical areas are great, but they really were only designed to be focused on the earlier coupe and sedan. now there's the fx, m, ex, gtr, etc... they don't function as well any more. your comment above further solidifies this fact.

i really believe that each model car needs to filtered down through it's own sub-section for technical, picture share, etc... otherwise, i'm sure you'll find out that it will be extremely hard to find anything of use anymore... especially with the horrible search engine we've got.

just my 2 cents.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Actually, it's 3 IMHO. They will have one in their household as I mentioned. And because of that fact, I would think both of them would be browsing that section anyway. Just a thought. No biggie either way.

Originally Posted by SPEEED
And it's not 3 - It's 2. Trey's wife hasn't received her sedan yet, and she is not a mod herself. On top of that, knowing Cheryl, I think she can handle her own posts without Trey's help...