G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

Ideas for G35Driver.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Lightbulb Ideas for G35Driver.com

I don't know if I posted this in the right section, so mods/admins feel free to move to the right section. Well I was doing some browsing here on the site and saw quite a few things that could use some updating such as the "Car of the Month" thread. Also how about new pictures so that we have a bigger rotation of pics when you first enter the website. Anyone else have and ideas or suggestions?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have an idea, i wish i could get a mobile version of g35driver.com so i can view it on my phone everywhere i go

Old 06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by emtguy05
i have an idea, i wish i could get a mobile version of g35driver.com so i can view it on my phone everywhere i go
hahaha, i want that too!!!

Originally Posted by jeff92se
How about less forum sections than dollars spent to fright the war in Iraq?
I agree with you 100%

-Sean

Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah a mobile friendly version would be handy (no pun intended). it's annoying to navigate through pages and PM's on PIE.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
maybe an avatar for everyone after a certain amount of posts?

Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
One thing that i know i dont like is how at the top of the screen you can choose from:

Home --- Forums --- Gallery --- marketplace --- members --- sponsors -- faq

Why do we have sub-forums for pictures when we have a whole section called "Gallery" for pictures? I think that the "Gallery" section should be utilized more. Anything picture related should go there IMO...

-Sean

Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Better to post in the Feedback/Suggestions section.

Mobile option would be nice

Avatars are for those who pay to help defer costs to run the site. Use more database space = pay to help cover it.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 PM

Ok here - for example above i posted a printscreen of a few forums. Each forum has a "media share" section for pictures and videos (i squared them off in red) why not move all of these sub "media share" forums to the gallery section? This way you can go to one sport for anything media related? It just seems easier to me...

-Sean

Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by WACK BEATS
Then people would post random crap just to meet the numerical requirement...

Unless you make that number, oh, say 5,000 or so.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
more pics in the rotation <3

Old 06-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
+1000. I know My350z.com has some basic 350z/g35 avatars that even if you are not a premeire member they let you have.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
+1000. I know My350z.com has some basic 350z/g35 avatars that even if you are not a premeire member they let you have.
No way! I think people need to pay to have the avators...its half the reason people join to become premier memebers. Without the money from the premier memebers what is going to keep things up to date on the server?

-Sean

Old 06-28-2007, 12:42 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Mobile version would deff be a plus.
There is no need to do anything about avatars. It's only $30 a year. You want an avatar? Get it and stop being a cheap a$$es.

Car of the month deff needs to come back.
there was a thread on it already
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...r+of+the+month

Here are my Ideas on that
Originally Posted by JOKER
I think that cars of Premier member should be submitted for the vote only. (if you got $ to pimp it you'll have $ to support the site)
The site will benefit (more ppl with join premier members circle) and ppl will get recognized for the work they did to their cars.

There should be some kind of requirement on the cars that enter. (so you don't get bunch of stock g's entering the competition)

Maybe a reward to the winner..........(some cheep "Car of the month" G35Driver.com trophy or a sticker)

If there is a reward there should be a fee in order to enter the competition (not big something very small like $5 or something (to cover the winning expenses and future forum expansion due to lots of photos being submitted for the competition.

Maybe in the future a calendar could be created at the end of the year with each month winner and that also could be distributed among members for site benefit as well.

At the end of the year there should deff be a battle of all winners to see who's the car of the year and claim the cover page/front page of the calendar.

Car of the year should get a good price........Gift card for an oil change, new wiper blades, wax........you name it.

And start all over next year.

Something like this should deff keep it going for quite some time.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Ummm, a thread that takes in what an entire sub forum was set up for ... lol

Here weeee go.........

Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
I don't know if I posted this in the right section, so mods/admins feel free to move to the right section. Well I was doing some browsing here on the site and saw quite a few things that could use some updating such as the "Car of the Month" thread. Also how about new pictures so that we have a bigger rotation of pics when you first enter the website. Anyone else have and ideas or suggestions?
** Raises Hand ** Guilty as charged.

My bad on this one fellas. Whoever would like to help out with this please send me a PM or hit me on aim. I'm just outta time for this.

Originally Posted by emtguy05
It's been kicked around awhile ago and is doable but don't look for anything till after all the boards are upgraded.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
How about less forum sections than dollars spent to fright the war in Iraq?
Shame on you.... you should know better, this is OT and I've deleted it. Whatever your views are, throw it in the right forum. Don't we have a Politics sub forum...

What Joker and GeeWillikers said....
No need to becoming a PW, kick in the coin and you got it...

Originally Posted by trey's wife
Better to post in the Feedback/Suggestions section.
Aren't we in the Feedback/Suggestions forum...
Been hangin out in the G35 ladies only forum too much.... lol jk Who luvs ya girl....

Originally Posted by Nismo G

Ok here - for example above i posted a printscreen of a few forums. Each forum has a "media share" section for pictures and videos (i squared them off in red) why not move all of these sub "media share" forums to the gallery section? This way you can go to one sport for anything media related? It just seems easier to me...

-Sean
Point taken and will be changed so some extent when the upgrade takes place. The upgraded version will have a different look also. I've seen different versions and don't know what the final one will look like as it is being masaghed, so I won't comment on it.

Originally Posted by Otacon132
more pics in the rotation <3
Yes. This is a maintentance thingy to add more pics into the rotation. It's also takes time to do it too.....

Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Well it were in the off topic forum when I posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ideas for G35Driver.com