G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

A Gentlemen's Subforum...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by kernel843
Well, I think there are legit reasons to have one, which I've outlined and don't apply to being 'metro'. I think there are people who would use it for its designed purpose.

When I talk to my guy friends it isn't just about **** and picture whoring...

Maybe its just me

No, it's not just you.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Just giving you a hard time GW...
I know man.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
i think this is an awesome idea, like someone said , the ladies get their own sub-forum.

Christian-you said you dont think it will happen on a car forum, well if its just a car forum, why DO the ladies have their own sub-forum???

Alot of the main posters on here already have a premier membership, and we have so much **** on the AG section, i dont think it would get out of control, or how about making a sub-forum in the AG section??? that way you don't even have to worry about it turning into a free AG section.....

Old 02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Christian-you said you dont think it will happen on a car forum, well if its just a car forum, why DO the ladies have their own sub-forum???
What I meant was I don't see much chance of a section like this remaining a mature, open discussion section for long. People will start posting pictures and videos and calling each other gay. The women have their section because the men would chase them away otherwise for the same reasons I listed.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ShanesG
i think this is an awesome idea, like someone said , the ladies get their own sub-forum.

Alot of the main posters on here already have a premier membership, and we have so much **** on the AG section, i dont think it would get out of control, or how about making a sub-forum in the AG section??? that way you don't even have to worry about it turning into a free AG section.....
Goods points, I'm going to try to play devil's advocate (and share some of my thought process) since I kind of see where ChristianN is coming from. I think the main reason the women got their own to start was b/c there are some guys here that are just too immature or decide to just be @$$es to all the women that post (think NISMOgirl). However, I do still think there are legit reasons for the men here to have their own subforum. This may be a car forum, but I think those of us who are here a lot don't think of it just as a car forum.

A Premier Member subforum would also be an option if the mods would allow it, but I really don't think thats necessary. I think we can keep it clean and under control. Those who can't follow the rules will simply not have access to that section, it is as simple as that.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^i agree 100%, if its that hard for members here to NOT post, TnA pics, and make dumbas$ comments, or any shiit like that, then they need to leave this forum.......that is why we have the LOUNGE and the AG section.....and if it IS that hard for them and they have to post shiit in the sub-forum, then restrict them access, or give them a temp. banning. Cause we should all be mature enough to follow a couple goddamn rules...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
It would be nice to be able to talk about stuff that random "browsers" and chicks couldn't read. You know.... like our lurking wives. LOL

Old 02-13-2008, 11:21 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by ikickpuppies
It would be nice to be able to talk about stuff that random "browsers" and chicks couldn't read. You know.... like our lurking wives. LOL
yup, b/c I'm sure they do it in their forum.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Who cares if peeps like Grace reads it? I like her...She is level headed and not crazy. Therefore, just make it premium only. The ladies can explain why the fems think like they do. Remember, know thy enemy...and dont save your passwords!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Resident G35Driver Pirate

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by STEVE-O
Who cares if peeps like Grace reads it? I like her...She is level headed and not crazy. Therefore, just make it premium only. The ladies can explain why the fems think like they do. Remember, know thy enemy...and dont save your passwords!

There's more than one wife on this forum... there's more than one FEMALE with premier that KNOW some of these wives, as well. LOL

Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 PM
SEC > Big 12
Originally Posted by STEVE-O
how does that help when anyone when the ladies can just sign up for premier?

Also, for those who have suggested putting it in the premier section, are you meaning a public forum for men in the premier section, or a subforum in that section where someone has to manually add all the men to have access?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
What I meant was I don't see much chance of a section like this remaining a mature, open discussion section for long. People will start posting pictures and videos and calling each other gay. The women have their section because the men would chase them away otherwise for the same reasons I listed.
Well put, Christian. Not much left to say.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
how does that help when anyone when the ladies can just sign up for premier?

Also, for those who have suggested putting it in the premier section, are you meaning a public forum for men in the premier section, or a subforum in that section where someone has to manually add all the men to have access?
putting a sub-forum in the premier section that only MEN with premier membership are allowd, i think that would be best

Old 02-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
doesnt look like its gonna happen

Old 02-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ltrrtl218
doesnt look like its gonna happen
And on that note . . .