G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions NO Car Questions! For posting Feedback, Suggestions or Questions regarding G35Driver website ONLY.

ChatRooms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChatRooms

Can we get a NGC Chatroom. It would be great if this site had a General chat, a Market Place chat, and a chat for each group. The Pm's get filled up quick and aren't real time.

THANKS for your consideration!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 01:08 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, I don't quite see the purpose?

For NGC, why not create a thread? As far as marketplace, how often are transactions done in real time? At some point things would have to go to PM anyway when giving out shipping\paypal info.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several times I've been going back and fourth with someone and waiting has cost me an extra day sometimes just because of waiting for them to remember to check maiil and such...

A Thread just gets extremely filled up if it's just a General chat, questions about our area, advice, or whatever have you. A chat room seamed like a easy way to connect and go back and fourth about whatever without constantly creating a new thread.

Sorry if it seams like a stupid idea to you, just seamed like a simple fix to myself. Especially when I'm sitting at work and have no unclassified phone around and waiting for a email response seams extremely long.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:09 PM
SEC > Big 12
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think its a stupid idea, I just don't think it helps solve anything in this case. What you are assuming is that the other person is just sitting there surfing 'Driver and would immediately respond. A lot of these rooms also don't let you see comments made before you logged in, so if you posted something and the person wasn't on at that moment they wouldn't see the comment. That is when threads, PMs, and e-mail are much more handy since people can read them at their convenience.

I have seen chat rooms embedded into forums on other sites and think it might work in a "general chat" area because it could cut down on post whoring, but it would also be difficult to moderate.

You could always have a room created on AIM like O NO did for the lounge, though I don't think anyone logs in anymore.
https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-...chat-room.html